Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather to ride, or not

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's supposed to break into the 90's today. That means I'll be stowing the black leather jacket until November...time to unearth the brighter mesh jacket.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    https://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shack View Post
    It's supposed to break into the 90's today. That means I'll be stowing the black leather jacket until November...time to unearth the brighter mesh jacket.
    Supposed to hit 80 here tomorrow! I'll be pulling out the mesh as well!

Lori
    RiderCoach since 2010
    I think I've finally figured out what I want to be if I ever decide to grow up.

'17 Kawasaki NINJA 300 ABS KRT ("Sheldon #3)
    '15 green Kawasaki NINJA 1000 ABS ("Sheldon 2"--'tis better to have loved and lost...)
    '10 Honda NT700V ("The DomiNaTor")--SOLD
    '08 green Kawasaki NINJA 250 ("Sheldon")--SOLD
    '05 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C-SOLD
    FUMAS: Harley-Davidson Rocker C, Kawasaki ZX25R!!!!!!!!!

ATGATT: Because the laws of physics couldn't care less.

Someday I hope to become the rider that my bike deserves.

All the worry in the world doesn't prevent death. It prevents life.

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    All I have is mesh. Light mesh for summer, heavy mesh for winter. Rain suit to go over mesh if it gets brutally cold (you know, below 70 or something ridiculously arctic like that)... hehehehe

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Matt View Post
    The ATA keeps sending out very optimistic messages about the Tweed trial on their Facebook page, but the forecast is now calling for up to 50mm of rain, 3cm of snow, ice pellets, and freezing rain.

The first CVMG vintage trials event is also this weekend in Stanbridge QC and the forecast there is calling for 20cm (!!) of snow.

I do believe I will wimp out and stay home.
    I will ride both days regardless of weather, all the regular guys will still be there will be a blast, it always is
    Bunch of new guys say they are going to show up too, sport really does seem to be starting to catch on with the enduro MX and track racer guys looking to cross train.

You are welcome to stay at my place if that helps :I have a real house now! Have a feeling Eric and possibly some others will end up at my place Saturday night. Giant bacon pepper mushroom 3 cheese omelet and a banana for early Sunday breakfast then we can ride really olympic and try not to crash too much.

A beautiful day for a ride here! 80 as a high.

Was the first time riding to and from work. Went in a little early, to beat the 'rush hour' traffic, and took some side streets home (mainly where the main streets had many construction cones, lane closures, and such).

I did discover that the 'reserve' on the petcock is opposite of what I intuitively thought it should be. Luckily, I learned this right across the street from a mechanic, who gave me a couple of tablespoons of fuel to get me the gas station. How embarrassing!!, I hardly felt like a responsible adult.

Thunderstorms tomorrow, and cold again this weekend. I'm a fair weather rider, so maybe next week I'll get her out again.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Oh oh, Erics out will suck if there aren't enough riders to even form classes.
    I'm thinking 4 complete changes of clothing and a large plastic tote, gloves are going to be a problem, I should maybe go buy a bunch of new gloves.

.... there will be mud

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shack View Post
    ...and just like that we had a cold front move in today. High of 70 and low of 50s for the next few days, the leather stays out of the closet for the weekend.
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    https://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4

I saw 86 when I was in Oklahoma yesterday! I was on Stateline Road (with Missouri), looking for Spook Light Road.
    http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2013/0...i-spook-light/
    I found it, but didn't venture onto to the dirt road, given that I ride a NINJA 1000, not an ADV. The whole family wants to see it, so we may venture out there in the cage tomorrow.

What part of Oklahoma do you live in? I bought my bike in Durant. Roads were horrible between there and I-44, so bad that two of my straps broke. Thank heavens for my Baxley chock!!!

Lori
    RiderCoach since 2010
    I think I've finally figured out what I want to be if I ever decide to grow up.

'17 Kawasaki NINJA 300 ABS KRT ("Sheldon #3)
    '15 green Kawasaki NINJA 1000 ABS ("Sheldon 2"--'tis better to have loved and lost...)
    '10 Honda NT700V ("The DomiNaTor")--SOLD
    '08 green Kawasaki NINJA 250 ("Sheldon")--SOLD
    '05 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C-SOLD
    FUMAS: Harley-Davidson Rocker C, Kawasaki ZX25R!!!!!!!!!

ATGATT: Because the laws of physics couldn't care less.

Someday I hope to become the rider that my bike deserves.

All the worry in the world doesn't prevent death. It prevents life.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Lori View Post
    What part of Oklahoma do you live in?
    Las Vegas, roughly 1000 miles west of Oklahoma City.

I am familiar with the rough OK roads though, I trailered a bike to Branson and had straps pop loose from those lovely roads. Fortunately I had doubled up on said straps, four up front and four on the rear.
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer

Flirting With The Redline Mad Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    You are welcome to stay at my place if that helps :I have a real house now! Have a feeling Eric and possibly some others will end up at my place Saturday night. Giant bacon pepper mushroom 3 cheese omelet and a banana for early Sunday breakfast then we can ride really olympic and try not to crash too much.
    Thanks for the offer! I will take a rain check until a nicer day.