Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Anybody here into Trials

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    2 day CMA Ontario Provincial Trial scheduled for May 26 & 27 2012

If anybody has interest here is a link to the event flyer: http://www.canmocycle.ca/flyers/ecta.pdf
    Venue location is Bruce Peninsula area between Wiarton and Lions Head. The site features a very compact loop with sections of moderate difficulty, largely ‘nadgery’ sections (short, steep, off camber turns) course native rock, loose soil, logs and root, all first gear stuff Consistently Excellent, well attended events with experienced! host&checker support! Municipal campground in Wairton is highly recommended to park large travel rigs, venue has limited on-site parking space so please drive with care. Would make an excellent day ride destination, beautiful country up there

RiderCoach 10,000 Posts! SoCal LabRat's Avatar
    Will you be riding this?
    ~Teri
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
    Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800
    2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
    2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

Quote Originally Posted by NoCo Gal View Post
    Will you be riding this?
    Absolutely

and my dog will be laying right here ->

We have an observed trials event coming up, in Anza. I'm gonna go watch! The mountain goats of motorcycling!
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Contributor We've stopped counting... Bugguts's Avatar
    Amazing strength and balance! Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebitsmall View Post
    64 is not old, we have one poster here at 110
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    A body not rattling was a body unsure.

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts!
    Was into Observed Trials back in 1948 & had to call it off, due to a home accident in the late 70s, but it was FUN & a channenge to find sections that might be used & practice to make them in feet up form. Obviously my bike from '49 till when I had to quit were competitive bikes.

In one event they opened the sections for even none Observed Trials bikes & the owners had a challeng to find out their ground clearance was not enough to possibly to peaky a bike. But at least they tried.
    Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you!!!!!!

Note this is not like a speeding event in the dirt like Scrambling, Cross County Racing, to Enduros. Also on some of the next to impossigle sections fellow competitors were there to give a competitor a hand if the competitor went down.

In the rare one where we had any bike to try out they could use KNOBBIE tyres when Tials competitors used Univiseral pattern tyres, PLUS one had to compete from start to finish, along with practicing in a standing position & Trials pointed out the fingers on the clutch & throttle position.

Though bikes at the start were almost normal bikes with a lot removed to cut down weight, ground clearance & such, while in the latter few year it has been an almost step though frame with a very small petroil tanks & that much better to where THEY tackle sections we would never have in the starting years.

Also my one advantage was that I live in the Okanagan Valley of B.C., which is in part of the ROCKIES. Though at the start I would look for rough riding areas in the bush, which is one of the advantages of an Observed Trials bike. Meaning you sort of needed a different bike for the paved roads or hwy riding. Oh yes at the starting years we did NOT wear a crash helmet, but then note an Observed Trials rider does not wear a full face helmet these days.

I spent a month laying our 40 sections, meaning one did not have 10 or 12 trials have to compete in both at least NOTHING WRONG with that. Also I have competed in Trials of where some one hauled some rocks for TOUGH sections.

We had some Jr. riders of 14 & I bunched them in three to start off. Gave them a piece of stiffer paper along with a part of a pencil. They wanted to know what this was. We did not have one knowing enough to be an observer at the different sections. So told all to mark this card like a golf game & not to cheat.

I often scooted to where these younger riders might be & they had never seen seen secions layed out for Junior, to Expert riders. These kids being such good riders they wanted to tackle the Expert sections & they often made those "clean in feet up riding" so believe me there are a are a group that are GOOD Trials rides & do nto need high speeding events.

Not you do not race to get to the section, but ride feet up & the Observer will tell you who will tackle the section before you do.

Also if you laid out the sections, or had halp in laying out the sections you cannot compete for you have tackled so many of the sections. I rad into this at an event I laid out & my Trials iron was a '47 Royal Enfield 350cc bike, but could NOT enter the sections due to prior experience.

Also the next dar or week later you & another rider will be removing some of the tapes & signs indicating the sections for the good of those that like to bicycle, hike or hunt in that terrain. SO there is more then just being a competitor in Observed Trials.

I have a friend that use to have a cruiser to some of the early naked gold wings. He knew me well enough as I would be riding feet up on the foot rests when comming out of the mountains.

So aim was to purchase one of the better Trials bikes sort of converted to riding in the bush. I incourged him to do this.

Later on he told me he had turned down the bike with the larger the normaol petroil tank BECAUSE the shop selling it to him, had told him he would have to ride when standing up on the footrests. So he is back to his small boat & fising when sitting down all the time.

Cool

JoshJosh performing a flawless splat on lower powerline :I