No announcement yet.

Fox raceway visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragged my neighbor across the street to FOX, last Friday. (He's retired, but had a Husky, back in the mid 70's.) Anyway, quite a few of the current supercross racers were there, practicing. My neighbor couldn't get over the stuff they were doing. I think the whole Yamaha SX crew was there, along with GasGas and K'saki riders. It's fun to watch "regular" riders on the course, then see the pro's put on a show. They were easily clearing 120' triples, every lap. Just amazing to watch them ride. They don't "beat" themselves up when they ride, either. Very smooth and methodical. Not a lot of wasted energy expended. They "use" the track to their benefit. One thing my neighbor had never seen, is the "Bubba Scrub." He's seen riders "crossed up" but never the scrub technique. I had to explain how it works. Here's how...
    https://www.redbull.com/us-en/videos...rt-bubba-scrub
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Comment

Originally posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
      Very cool bike! Neil and I were eating tacos in Douglas, AZ when a fellow came up and asked Neil if he was "noshoes" on ADV. Turns out the guy ran into Neil some years back in Mexico and they rode together for a few days.

Anyway I'll get to the point. The guy joined us for dinner and he had just returned from a 2 week ride down in Copper Canyon on his KTM 690 .. the sister of that Husky. He's ridden a lot of bikes and he is sold on the 690/(701) as the best gnarly surface adventure bike going. He's done a number of big offroad rides (1000 miles +) on his and loves it.
      Introduced Neil to Nesseyburger last Saturday. I think he liked 'em.

Comment

Oh, one other thing...FOX will host 2 National Races this year. End of May, and in September. It'll be televised if you have the "right" channel...

Comment

The PRO’s are there, this weekend!

(But I might be going to a dog competition -Rally.)

Comment

The PRO’s are there, this weekend!

(But I might be going to a dog competition -Rally.)

Comment

LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X