Fox raceway visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NORTY View Post
    Been “on the hunt” for a lower/slower offroad bike for da LabRat. Gotta be lightweight too. Probably plated too, but then weight gains quickly at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was stunned at the place Kanuck Kathi managed to go on a XT225! The lower suspension doesn't allow the speed of my 500exc .. but she got to most of the same places.

... and this has got me thinking how bad I need to get on a roadrace track. There's a new one only 3 hours away I really need to try .. and one thought leads to another .. my son "borrowed" my DRZ .. so I got a space in the garage .. and I think a Ninja 400 would make a GREAT trackbike for an old fellow ...
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Comment

Do they have vintage sidecar racing down your way, that would be an awesome way to waste some time with your kid and I think you even have a nice BSA 650 engine kicking around don't you?

Comment

Not on the track today, (altho, I did ride past the entrance.) Rode 130 miles on the Husky today. The more I ride the bike, the more I'm beginning to understand what the engineers were trying to convey. With regards to the powerband, it can be very forgiving. Or, it can take no prisoners. The choice is entirely the operator's. Ask the bike for traction in limited traction conditions, and it'll deliver. Ask the bike for slipper/sliden/roostin' and you can get that too. Just a very forgiving powerband. As long as you don't get "up on the cams..." the bike is very docile.
        Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Comment

Here’s a few pics from today’s adventure.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

15miles in, and this...

Comment

Comment

See that white dome in the background? That’s the Hale Observatory on Palomar Mtn!

Comment

Sad face at the fence. We've had that happen in some of our formerly-accessible trails, too. It's a bummer. Looks like a fun ride otherwise, though.

Been really interested in the cRF250L Rally version. Sweet bike but used ones locally are hard to come by and $5,500 OTD for a new leftover 2017. Ouch. Still lookin'.
                        CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
                        PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
                        Test riding bikes since 2004.
                        If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
                        sigpic

Comment

The CRF250L is going to be A LOT less “energetic” than your previous “R” model.
                          The engine will have 2/3rds the power of the R model. The suspension will be a horrible compromise of street & dirt. Usually resulting in comprmises for both applications.
                          It should be “Honda reliable” however. And, that can be more important than ultimate performance.

Comment

Stopped by there today. They gotta new track too.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed yourself, but I'll stick to keeping my wheels on the ground, thank you.
                              The cost of a motorcycle is merely a down payment on farkles.

Comment

They’re making improvements to the place.

Comment

Working...
                                X