Fox raceway visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox raceway visit

So, yesterday, SoCal Labrat & I went to FOX Raceway to evaluate my 2 week old Husky 701. And my elderly self! She got a couple pics of me on the Vet track. (The supercross track was closed for some reason.) Anyway, there were some fast riders there (no, I'm not even gonna attempt the stuff they were doing with ease.)
    Anyway, here's some pics that the Labrat captured. (Yeah, I know I'ma fat guy!, And that the camera adds 45-60lbs!)
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Well, there you go!!!

Comment

The Labrat tells me I need to disclose that I haven't been on a motocross track since 1983....

Comment

Looks like fun! That much air scares me, though.

And how are the legs today? I remember being more sore than I had ever been after doing a track day on the FZ. I can't imagine it's not similar for this....

If we had more time for all hobbies, I'd love to do this more. It's pretty expensive to use a similar track here. THey also have a veteran's track but it's like $25 each time for one person. Gets expensive for a family!
                    CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
                    PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
                    Test riding bikes since 2004.
                    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
                    sigpic

Comment

Very cool bike! Neil and I were eating tacos in Douglas, AZ when a fellow came up and asked Neil if he was "noshoes" on ADV. Turns out the guy ran into Neil some years back in Mexico and they rode together for a few days.

Anyway I'll get to the point. The guy joined us for dinner and he had just returned from a 2 week ride down in Copper Canyon on his KTM 690 .. the sister of that Husky. He's ridden a lot of bikes and he is sold on the 690/(701) as the best gnarly surface adventure bike going. He's done a number of big offroad rides (1000 miles +) on his and loves it.
                      The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Missy B View Post
                        Looks like fun! That much air scares me, though.

And how are the legs today? I remember being more sore than I had ever been after doing a track day on the FZ. I can't imagine it's not similar for this....

If we had more time for all hobbies, I'd love to do this more. It's pretty expensive to use a similar track here. THey also have a veteran's track but it's like $25 each time for one person. Gets expensive for a family!
                        Legs that day? Fine.
                        A day later? Sort of "tender."
                        Today? Crap, what have I done! I'm walking like Walter Brennen from The Real McCoys! (Look it up.)

$25 is a steal for any trackday fee. (Mine wasn't much more than that.)

A typical trackday at Fontana (sport bikes) is $275...

Comment

I wouldn't really consider it a track day but not sure why. haha
                          Grateful we can pay $75/year and use state trust land to ride. Terrain isn't as fun as the dirt track but still fun.
                          I was on craigslist last night looking for a dirt bike. haha It's your and OBX's fault.
                          CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
                          PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
                          Test riding bikes since 2004.
                          If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
                          sigpic

Comment

Dirtybike=all things good!

Comment

Originally posted by NORTY View Post
                              Dirtybike=all things good!

Been “on the hunt” for a lower/slower offroad bike for da LabRat. Gotta be lightweight too. Probably plated too, but then weight gains quickly at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X