Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think facebook is dying and that forums may come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still chuckle at the irony behind the lengthy facebook BBO discussion several years ago about how the BBO forum isn't active.

Seriously, think about that for a bit...and then go back and read my initial post in this thread.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    sigpic
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Comment

I looked at the BBO page on FB, and there are only 3 admins/moderators: Tom, Missy and Hung, so one of them must have started the page.

To me, FB is nice for quick question, short answers, or hey, look at me! things. I find it hard to follow long threads because you can reply to something in the middle, whereas here it's all in time order, you refer back or quote if you need to make special reference.

I like this platform better.

Gerry
      Peace ~ Love Ride ~ Then Ride Some More
      '16 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 with ABS - "ED-2ND" - Special in a new way.
      '05 Yamaha 1100 V* Silverado "Beast, Big Ass Bike" - The name said it all.
      '02 Suzuki 650 Savage - "Special Ed' - A wonderful memory.
      - Gerry -

Comment

Originally posted by Chench53 View Post
        I looked at the BBO page on FB, and there are only 3 admins/moderators: Tom, Missy and Hung, so one of them must have started the page.
        Not necessarily. A facebook group can be started by anyone, and that starter can always turn admin rights over to anyone else and leave the group or "demote" themself to a regular member. For example, I inherited a 250 Rebel group from someone who didn't want to manage it anymore, that person left and now I am the admin.
        Sent from your mom's phone
        "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
        Ride Safe, Chop Safer
        "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
        "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
        Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
        sigpic
        3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Shack View Post
          Not necessarily. A facebook group can be started by anyone, and that starter can always turn admin rights over to anyone else and leave the group or "demote" themself to a regular member. For example, I inherited a 250 Rebel group from someone who didn't want to manage it anymore, that person left and now I am the admin.
          Exactly. I forget who started the group, but whoever it was at some point made me an admin without me asking or wanting that, and then later whoever it was dropped out. I haven't done diddly as an admin. Don't even really know how to admin a FB group.
          In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Shack View Post
            Not necessarily. A facebook group can be started by anyone, and that starter can always turn admin rights over to anyone else and leave the group or "demote" themself to a regular member....
            AHA! I stand corrected!

You can download a copy of the BBO FB page, choose dates that surround creation date, it may reveal something.

Gerry
            Peace ~ Love Ride ~ Then Ride Some More
            '16 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 with ABS - "ED-2ND" - Special in a new way.
            '05 Yamaha 1100 V* Silverado "Beast, Big Ass Bike" - The name said it all.
            '02 Suzuki 650 Savage - "Special Ed' - A wonderful memory.
            - Gerry -

Comment

Hate to say it, but I fear the sport of riding motorcycles is dying :/ You don't see the number of new riders that you did at one time and just look how many new riders come through here (not many) and then disappear. ( which is very concerning! hopefully all are well and still vertical.)

Comment

It is a good point you make, Trials, that less folks are entering this sport/hobby.
                CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
                PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
                Test riding bikes since 2004.
                If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X