Just random sh ... stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just random sh ... stuff

This is your place to just say something random. A gripe, comment, observation, congrats, Kudos, whatever
    Ride safe, ride smart, ride ATGATT because sweat dries faster than scars heal

2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    2009 Kawasaki ER-6N

* If you love your bike set it free. If it comes back to you, you've High Sided

sigpic

Grammar matters people! From a headline on our local news site ... "Woman who pleaded guilty to killing 6 of her newborns faces " ... NO folks, she didn't kill their faces! Jeez ...

Seriously a WTF! And we wonder why we hvae an obesity problem? ... "Woman eats three 72-ounce steaks in 20 minutes" ... Holy crap! Even in my youth when I actually had a metabolism there's no way I could have eaten ONE 72 ounce steak ...

Okay any bathroom stall that has a toilet paper dispenser with multiple rolls in it that allows you to pull from multiple rolls before one is emptied ... this is a problem. Invariably both rolls are wound down and then suddenly there is Not Enough for what needs to be done! lol

Ya know, I try to be a good example for my son but I think I screwed it up lol. Folks on FB saw this post but this was said to me by him last night ... "Daddy, if you see a spider, you're gonna scream like a girl, right?" ... LOL
    Ride safe, ride smart, ride ATGATT because sweat dries faster than scars heal

2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    2009 Kawasaki ER-6N

* If you love your bike set it free. If it comes back to you, you've High Sided

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Clair View Post
      Grammar matters people! From a headline on our local news site ... "Woman who pleaded guilty to killing 6 of her newborns faces " ... NO folks, she didn't kill their faces! Jeez ...
      "Newborns" isn't a possessive, so the headline does not say she killed their faces. That said, I will fault them for not spelling a numeral less than 10. Also? You should have said "Grammar matters, people!" You know...because punctuation matters. <ducks and runs for cover>
      '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
      '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor TRADED IN
      '17 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT - Phantom

"I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

Comment

Kudos to my physical therapy team at Socorro PT:

My next-to-last PT session was this morning. My left shoulder has almost 100 percent range of motion now, and I can actually ride the Ninja for longer than 30 minutes without pain. I have my follow-up appointment on Wednesday AM with my orthopedic doc in Albuquerque. I'm hoping that he will decide we can avoid surgery on my torn rotator cuff.

One of my therapists is a veteran of the Iraq war. He's in his mid-30s, and, after being blown up by an IED in Iraq, spent lots of time in rehabilitation, getting lots of reconstructive work on his lower legs and two artificial hips. He just started walking again in 2012 after spending the previous three years in a wheelchair. All of that motivated him to become a physical therapist, and he's a damned good one. He also rides a trials bike (He was virtually a professional-level trials rider before going into the Marines.) Jesse is rapidly becoming a role model, let me tell you.

A big, fat, ugly raspberry to my employer-provided health insurance, though:

When I blew my knee out in 2005 (requiring surgery to replace a torn ACL), my employer-provided health insurance was much better about paying about 90 percent for things like X-Rays and MRIs for diagnoses. In the past couple years, though, the Powers That Be decided to transition to a PPO plan, resulting in a switch to a new, lots-higher ($1000) deductible, and it pays significantly less for diagnostics. This time around, the insurance sprung for about a quarter of the MRI cost and now I'm stuck with a $1500 bill for the remainder. (Which is another reason to avoid surgery: I'm sure that my knee surgery was about 90 percent paid for through insurance in 2005; if I can't afford the MRI in 2015, I'm definitely not going to be able to afford a surgery bill.)
        steph moore | New Mexico, USA
        2009 V-Strom 650 ABS (for now....)

Comment

Kudos, to everyone who tries to ride a dirt bike, over sh .. stuff

i wasn't going to say anything but "we hvae an obesity problem" !:I

Comment

Slightly worried about my dog, who's been having tummy issues since Saturday. We initially thought it was stress over some really bad storms, but she is still having symptoms. It could also be a side effect to Prevacox, which we had a dose of Friday with dinner. However, she's never had this happen while taking that medication.

She's due to go to the vet tomorrow morning. I wish we could get her in NOW, but she's not lethargic, and she is eating, so I'm not in panic mode yet. I'm just hoping that all she needs is a stomach settling shot and some probiotics. After her bout of hemorrhagic gastroenteritis over a year ago, stuff like this makes me a little nervous. :-/
            Last edited by Lezbert; 04-20-2015, 02:46 PM.
            '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
            '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor TRADED IN
            '17 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT - Phantom

"I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

Comment

Rebooted the hard-drive . . . said this weekend by a friend when describing life following a moto accident (hit by a car on the freeway) where he has zero memory of the accident or life prior to the accident.

It's a scary thing to have happen.
              Suzie
              '13 KLX 110L - "Kermit"
              '04 NSR 50
              GWA Member

Comment

Originally posted by Lezbert View Post
                Slightly worried about my dog, who's been having tummy issues since Saturday. We initially thought it was stress over some really bad storms, but she is still having symptoms. It could also be a side effect to Prevacox, which we had a dose of Friday with dinner. However, she's never had this happen while taking that medication.

She's due to go to the vet tomorrow morning. I wish we could get her in NOW, but she's not lethargic, and she is eating, so I'm not in panic mode yet. I'm just hoping that all she needs is a stomach settling shot and some probiotics. After her bout of hemorrhagic gastroenteritis over a year ago, stuff like this makes me a little nervous. :-/
                Our dogs recently went through a battery of expensive tests to prove they are perfectly healthy.
                and now feeling much worse now after their shots:/
                … + 1 more booster rabies or something in 10 days. ching-ching … shoulda been a Vet

Comment

Originally posted by spotbeagle View Post
                  Rebooted the hard-drive . . . said this weekend by a friend when describing life following a moto accident (hit by a car on the freeway) where he has zero memory of the accident or life prior to the accident.

It's a scary thing to have happen.
                  I got lucky, I only lost about 1 hour
                  … from the moment of impact up till I was somehow sitting upright in the ambulance
                  and they were loading my brother on a stretcher and he said my name and "what are you doing here".

Comment

I still have no memory of my skiing accident from a few years ago. I was blindsided and knocked unconscious for a minute. I remember the runs before, and the ride on the ski patrol toboggan to the base hospital. But the minutes before and right after... no clue. Concussions are weird.
                    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
                    sigpic
                    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
                    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
                    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
                    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Comment

Originally posted by asp125 View Post
                      I still have no memory of my skiing accident from a few years ago. I was blindsided and knocked unconscious for a minute. I remember the runs before, and the ride on the ski patrol toboggan to the base hospital. But the minutes before and right after... no clue. Concussions are weird.
                      It's definitely weird. It's about 2.5 months since the accident. People that he knew prior to the accident, including family members, he doesn't recognize and is meeting everyone all over again as if he'd didn't know them before.
                      Suzie
                      '13 KLX 110L - "Kermit"
                      '04 NSR 50
                      GWA Member

Comment

One of my Facebook friends shared this today:

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/04/20/a...s-car-repairs/

Basically, automakers want the US Copyright Office to use the protections of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) to ban owners and independent auto shops from working on the ECUs and electronics of newer model vehicles.

From the article: "Allowing [owners] to continue to fix their cars has become 'legally problematic,' according to a written statement from the Auto Alliance, the main lobbying arm of automakers."

My FB friend is a REAL gear head who is always restoring at least two vehicles at any one time (I tease him that he must have a special window and concierge service at his DMV office with all the licensing and registration he does every year). As he put it: "Well, if they think the War on Drugs put a lot of otherwise law-abiding people in jail, just wait until they try to enforce this."

And does anybody else find it ironic that General Motors (of all companies) is arguing that "Granting exemptions would 'deliberately weaken' protections put in place to ensure safe operation and regulatory mandates." Like they ever gave a rat's ass about the safety of their cars, given that they knew for over a decade that their cars had faulty ignition switches, and yet did NOTHING about it until the NHTSB forced them to issue a recall to fix said issues.

I read about a lot of motorcyclists who re-flash their bikes' ECUs or use something like Power Commanders to remap their bikes' fuel injection profiles. Wonder if the bike manufacturers will be jumping on this bandwagon as well?
                        steph moore | New Mexico, USA
                        2009 V-Strom 650 ABS (for now....)

Comment

Originally posted by Lezbert View Post
                          ...because punctuation matters.
                          They do, in French, a must or you get called a moron...

Originally posted by Trials View Post
                          "we have an obesity problem" !:I
                          Fixed it for ya, where ?

Originally posted by asp125 View Post
                          the ride on the ski patrol toboggan to the base hospital
                          Fun !

Nagging about my landlord who wants us to pay a 1018 % rise in the extra costs ! He's such a jerk ! He got it up his rear, we've gotten a lawyer on it, but the problem here in Germany is that they are very expensive, you need to pay them before you start, and if the conclusion is that they don't think it's worth going to trial, they make you pay again, and drop you like dirty socks, so nag at them too
                          Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

An omelet filled with sauteed spinach, onion, garlic, tomato and black olives, with feta cheese is a tasty start to the day.
                            Keith

'11 Triumph Sprint GT - Blue (The fastest color)
                            '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 - Blue (The fastest color)

Originally posted by atomicalex
                            It feeds my love of machinery to be that close with my whole body.

Comment

K, now you've gone and done it,
                              now :I'm hungry for an omelet, with bacon, mushrooms, onion, peppers and 3 kinds of cheese in it

second breakfast

Comment

Working...
                              X