Share your recipes or cooking tips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share your recipes or cooking tips!

If this works, great. If not... oh well I tried.

If you've got a recipe or cooking tip you'd like to share with everyone else, post it up.
    Helen

Black Bean, Sweet Potato and Spinach soup

Put into a pot:
    1 medium sized sweet potato, peeled/cubed
    2-3 carrots, sliced
    1 stalk celery, sliced/diced
    1 small yellow onion, diced
    2 cans (~15 oz each) black beans, rinsed/drained
    1 can (~15 oz) diced tomatoes
    1-2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 bay leaf
    4-6 cups broth (how liquidy do you like your soup?)
    S&P to taste

Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer (90 mins?) until veggies are tender, stirring to keep the potatoes from burning to the bottom of the pot. (You could also throw all this into a small crockpot and let it go on low for 6 hours or so.)

Remove from heat. If you want a creamier texture, puree a cup of the soup and then stir it back into the pot. Stir in a couple giant handfuls of baby spinach leaves, they'll wilt on their own from the heat of the soup.

Makes about 4 servings for me.
    Helen

Comment

Easy Baked Pasta

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Butter a large casserole dish.

Cook a box of pasta to just before al dente. Any kind you want, but I use penne most times.

You can either use jarred pasta sauce or make your own. I do a combo of the two:
      brown some meat, seasoned with garlic, onion, salt and pepper, and italian seasonings; drain off any grease. Pour in 2 jars of your favorite sauce. Let it simmer to heat through.

Layer in casserole dish as follows:
      1/2 pasta
      slices of provolone cheese
      thin layer of sour cream
      1/2 sauce
      pasta
      shredded mozzarella
      sauce
      grated Parmesan

Put in oven for 30 mins til bubbly and browned on top.

This is also a great make ahead meal. Just cover with foil, let it go for 30-40 mins, remove foil and another 20 mins or so til heated through and lightly browned.

Makes a great way to sneak some veggies into the kids by shredding them and hiding them in the sauce. My sis has shredded zucchini into hers without any notice from her 4.
      Helen

Comment

Hubby made these recently... A friend of his sent it to him via FB so this is a copy/paste of the recipe.

Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs

1 lb ground beef
        1 lb ground mild Italian sausage
        1 cup breadcrumbs
        1 TBSP Italian seasoning
        3 eggs
        3 garlic cloves, minced
        1 tsp salt
        1/2 tsp pepper
        1/2 lb mozzarella, cut into cubes
        Olive Oil
        Marinara (jar or homemade)

In a large bowl mix beef through pepper. Form into 2″ balls. Press a cheese cube in the middle and seal the meat around it.
        Heat 1/2″ olive oil in a large skillet. Brown meatballs and then set aside on plate.
        Pour marinara sauce into pan; bring to a simmer.
        Add meatballs and simmer until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
        Serve over spaghetti or on top of a hoagie.
        Helen

Comment

OK, I'm in.

Bay scallops A La Keith.

1 1/2 lbs Bay scallops (the itsy bitsy ones)
          1 stick butter (softened)
          1 cup Olive Oil
          Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs (about 1 1/2 cups)
          Salt & Pepper
          1 head Garlic

Peel, smash and mince the garlic and place in the bowl. Add the scallops, Olive Oil, salt & pepper and 3/4 of the butter. Add breadcrumbs and mix in until evenly mixed and still moist, you may need less breadcrumbs or more olive oil to achieve he proper consistency. Place in a buttered casserole dish, sprinkle the top with bread crumbs and put the remaining butter on top in pats. Bake at 375 for 45 min. Serve over rice.
          Keith

'11 Triumph Sprint GT - Blue (The fastest color)
          '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 - Blue (The fastest color)

Originally posted by atomicalex
          It feeds my love of machinery to be that close with my whole body.

Comment

I swear we've had a BBO recipe thread in the past ... but maybe Im off my rocker ...

okay found it ... https://www.beginnerbikers.org/showth...light=recipies
            Ride safe, ride smart, ride ATGATT because sweat dries faster than scars heal

2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
            2009 Kawasaki ER-6N

* If you love your bike set it free. If it comes back to you, you've High Sided

sigpic

Comment

That explains why I couldn't find it. Someone didn't spell recipes right.

ETA: And there aren't any actual recipes in that thread?
              Helen

Comment

Found one...

Originally posted by caeman View Post
                Ingredients:
                1 can of white Northern Beans
                1 lb. of Swordfish fillets
                chili powder
                salt
                pepper
                1 small bulb of onion

Pour the white beans into the crock pot. Chop up the onion into 1/4" sized bits and add to the crock pot.

The Swordfish should be thoroughly thawed. If it has a fishy smell to it, soak in Vitamin D Milk for 1 hour in the fridge. Chop into 1/4" sized chunks. Mix into crock pot.

Add 1 cup of water.

Add salt, pepper and chili powder as taste prefers.

Cook on high for 2 hours. The whole mix should be a milky white stew as the white beans cook out their color and flavor into mix.
                Helen

Comment

My father-in-law used to make this a lot but hasn't lately. He called it:

Chicken a la Donny

Toss boneless/skinless chicken breasts with a little olive oil.
                  Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder.
                  Grill until done.
                  Put chicken on a baking sheet, brush the tops with your favorite BBQ sauce, sprinkle with shredded colby jack.
                  Broil until cheese melts.
                  Top with chopped green onion and fresh tomatoes.
                  Helen

Comment

Preheat oven to 350
                    Boneless/skinless chicken breast coated in round up cashews
                    Heat skillet to med/high
                    Sear chicken breast 2-3 minutes/side
                    Cook in oven until done

De-glaze pan with liquid of choice.
                    Let liquid boil down.
                    Place chicken on bed of salad.
                    Cover with sauce.
                    Eat.
                    Clean up.
                    I still make a runny one now and then, but the goo is good on ice cream.

-- Overcaffeinated

Comment

No-Boil Lasagna

No-Boil Lasagna - Stolen from the Wegmans site. http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/st...oductId=347539

I use Tinkyada gluten free noodles. They work great in it. I also usually leave out the parsley and use some dried Italian herbs and am really heavy on the cheese.

1 lb 80% lean ground beef
                      1 jar (24 oz) Food You Feel Good About Smooth Marinara Sauce
                      2 cups water
                      salt
                      pepper
                      1 Wegmans Large Egg
                      1 container (15 oz) Wegmans Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
                      3-1/4 cups Wegmans Whole Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
                      1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp Italian Classics Grated Italian Blend, divided
                      1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
                      12 sheets Italian Classics Fancy Cut No. 15 Lasagne, uncooked

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 1.Brown ground beef in large saucepan on MEDIUM; drain off excess fat. Add pasta sauce and water to ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil, about 3-5 min. Set aside.

2.Combine egg, ricotta cheese, 2-1/4 cups mozzarella, 1/3 cup grated cheese, and parsley in bowl. Set aside.

3.Layer in following order in 9"x 13" baking dish: 1-1/2 cups sauce, 4 lasagna strips, 1/2 cheese mixture, 1-1/2 cups sauce, 4 lasagna strips, rest of cheese, 1-1/2 cups sauce, 4 lasagna strips, remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.

4.Cover pan with aluminum foil. Bake on center rack in oven 40 min. Remove cover; bake 15 min. Let stand 10 min before cutting.

Comment

Put meat on smoker for many hours at a low temperature.

Eat.
                        I still make a runny one now and then, but the goo is good on ice cream.

-- Overcaffeinated

Comment

Originally posted by ds5160 View Post
                          Put meat on smoker for many hours at a low temperature.

Eat.
                          One of my favorites!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clair View Post
                            I swear we've had a BBO recipe thread in the past ... but maybe Im off my rocker ...

okay found it ... https://www.beginnerbikers.org/showth...light=recipies
                            Originally posted by Sxy Rdr View Post
                            That explains why I couldn't find it. Someone didn't spell recipes right.

ETA: And there aren't any actual recipes in that thread?
                            Maybe they were going to be only pie recipes?
                            The cost of a motorcycle is merely a down payment on farkles.

Comment

Take one potato, cut slits in it but only 3/4th way through. douse in olive oil, salt, pepper and what ever else, bake at 425 for 30 minutes. Also tastes great when an onion slice is inserted into each slit.
                              Chad Wilson

1984 Honda Shadow VT700c

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X