No announcement yet.

Midwest storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had the local hardware store tell me that shear pins on snowblowers are "maintenance items." You should apparently plan to keep a buttload of them on hand.
    sigpic

Comment

Is it motorcycle season yet?

- HP

Comment

Strange, I've never broken one in 8+ years of blower ownership....of course, it probably helps that I don't try to run rocks and newspapers through it....
        Silver '07 Kawi Ninja 250R (sold)
        '09 Kawi Versys

Originally posted by Overcaffeinated
        Oh, hell, Smurf's right.
        First Missouri, then Minnesota, now Michigan.....it is my goal in life to live in every state that starts with "M" before I die.....

sigpic

Didn't vote??? Don't whine....

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by asp125 View Post
          Where's Paduan, he'd be thinking this is pretty funny; we are weaksauce for whining about -13F.
          We just finished up a six-week stretch within which the temperature never got above 30 below zero. No windchill.

And I haven't seen asphalt since October.

You folks who aren't so used to this sort of weather have my sympathies....
          The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time congress meets.

sigpic
          2005 Goldwing GL1800 - Arctic Camo

Comment

Originally posted by MN_Smurf View Post
            Strange, I've never broken one in 8+ years of blower ownership....of course, it probably helps that I don't try to run rocks and newspapers through it....
            That's why I don't have one. I don't have enough concrete surface to make one worthwhile. Every other place I need to plow is loaded with 3/4" and larger roadbase. You don't wanna be running that through your snowblower.
            sigpic

Comment

Last night was -11 at bed time. This morning was better, +4.
              Now we're back to normal, 32 high today and temps moving up into the 40s and 50s for the next week.

Next week it's off to Australia where temps are predicted in the 70s and 80s for the week. Should have gone this week...

Comment

Um, if you did you'd be dealing with that Cyclone ...
                Ride safe, ride smart, ride ATGATT because sweat dries faster than scars heal

2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
                2009 Kawasaki ER-6N

* If you love your bike set it free. If it comes back to you, you've High Sided

sigpic

Comment

Ya know, that's a good point. It's also very hot, over 90 degrees, this week.
                  Still, I'd prefer the cyclone over sub-zero temperatures.

Comment

Oklahoma broke several snow records with this storm. Last Saturday, we were motorcycle shopping in 70 degree weather, and this morning my outdoor thermometer read 4 degrees! At least I'm not due back to work until next week, because right now we've got snow drifts in the driveway. We're not going anywhere unless we have to!
                    If you come to a fork in the road, take it.
                    -Yogi Berra

Comment

We'll be back to normal temps by Saturday, then we'll get another blast of cold, but nothing like this last one.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, three days after the snow stopped falling, the plow people got here to dig us out. $90 worth of Bobcat and plow truck later, we can move all vehicles again.

And The Peasants Rejoiced!

(until it starts snowing tomorrow night)
                        Jeff

"Remember when being socially distant was a symptom of a potentially debilitating mental disorder, instead of a government mandate? C'mon, it was just a few weeks ago!"

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
                        '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Comment

Our driveway has most of the ice melted off, but the road is still covered. Not as thick, but still covered. Then there is the slope that is complete shaded. It looks like frosted glass. Fortunately, there is a route around that one.

Comment

Break out the shorts! It's 40 degrees warmer than it was yesterday. (so 39* was the high)
                            When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
                            sigpic
                            08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
                            Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
                            my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
                            MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Comment

Today our outdoor thermometer hit 40 & with the sunshine felt like a heatwave! Weatherman calling for snow tomorrow (whatta buzzkill LOL)
                              If you come to a fork in the road, take it.
                              -Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                              X