Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwest storm

How's everyone doing so far?

Slid into work this AM after round 1 of ice, slid home this afternoon in nastier ice in early round 2. I get to do it again tomorrow too, that should be really entertaining.
    Fortunately Wendy's university (Butler) closed today and tomorrow, so she doesn't have to try to get in. So far power still on, but I doubt that will last. Lot of ice already on the trees and power lines with more to come and winds picking up to 40 mph tonight and tomorrow. Yech!

Smurf? My offer still stands to trade this for your snow.

Tom
    In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.
    sigpic

Tom, I left work early around 10 am because I didn't know how bad it was going to get here. It's still snowing, and it's looking like we'll have a total of about 10-12 inches when it's all said and done. Just to the south and east of here (next county over!), they are getting 2 feet of the stuff. I will likely be going in to work tomorrow.

Tomorrow night it's supposed to drop into the minus digits...they're forecasting -7 as of right now. Insult to injury.
    ~Teri
    Originally posted by Bugguts
    Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800
    2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
    2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

sigpic

Comment

And I still say not only no, HELL NO!!!!! We got a dusting out of round 1 and round 2 has yet to start.....theoretically, we're going to have 8-10" on the ground by morning.
      Silver '07 Kawi Ninja 250R (sold)
      '09 Kawi Versys

Originally posted by Overcaffeinated
      Oh, hell, Smurf's right.
      First Missouri, then Minnesota, now Michigan.....it is my goal in life to live in every state that starts with "M" before I die.....

sigpic

Didn't vote??? Don't whine....

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Here in SLC it's sunny but FRIGGIN FRIGID! lol

I have a friend in Tulsa who is telling me it's terrible there. Her teen daughter drove off in the storm to go sledding (against mom's wishes but she's young and "can drive" ... ). My friend got nervous after not hearing from her (and she would not answer her phone) so my friend decided to go out after her. She high centered her Toyota Tacoma trying to get down teh driveway! She says it's bad there.

Y'all take care over that way!
        Ride safe, ride smart, ride ATGATT because sweat dries faster than scars heal

2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
        2009 Kawasaki ER-6N

* If you love your bike set it free. If it comes back to you, you've High Sided

sigpic

Comment

Stay safe you guys...
          Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle. ~ Author Unknown

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. ~ H. L. Mencken

Comment

I'm getting ready for it. We're supposed to have near 2' when it's finished. Michigan State University has already canceled classes for tomorrow, and they NEVER cancel classes. This might be the third time in the past thirty years. The good thing is that I have absolutely nothing to do tomorrow, except for running my newly acquired snow blower. Be careful out there.
            Tim
            2011 Triumph Sprint GT
            vroom

Comment

Time to oil up the ole' backup generators, guys!
              Dude, I loved your band's cover of "Straight Edge Revenge". I would've sang along but I was at the back buying beers. - Scott Vogel

100% bikeless - a terrible way to be.
              sigpic

Comment

They sent us home from work at 3:30. I've already got about a 2' drift in the driveway.
                sigpic

2006 Ninja 650R (1000 miles and counting.)
                1997 Bandit 1200S (19000 miles and counting.)
                1993 Katana 600 (7000 miles) [Sold]
                1982 Maxim 400 (1125 miles) [Sold]

Comment

They sent everyone home from work today... but, since I work from home, I didn't get to leave...

Already been out in the Jeep twice today, getting worse each time. I'm not worried personally until it gets over 18" on the ground, which isn't supposed to happen until morning around here, if at all.

Of course, it's all rearranging itself as we type, with winds gusting in the 40s already, with 50s and thunder expected this evening and tomorrow.
                  Jeff

"Remember when being socially distant was a symptom of a potentially debilitating mental disorder, instead of a government mandate? C'mon, it was just a few weeks ago!"

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
                  '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Comment

Awww!!! We NEVER get snow days. It was -13 this morning, there's a heat wave of -2 now, and it is expected to be -20 (still air) tonight. With wind chill there are places that cold see -32. Did I move to Fargo? or Antarctica?

Plug your bikes into your battery tenders folks. A partially (45%) discharged battery could freeze at -20, a fresh battery freezes well below that. Or pull the battery and move it indoors.
                    Last edited by asp125; 02-01-2011, 06:33 PM.
                    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
                    sigpic
                    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
                    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
                    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
                    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Comment

We've only gotten a dusting of snow here, maybe an inch. But holy hell is it cold. One freakin' degree above zero at 2:30 in the afternoon!

Comment

Only supposed to get to -5 here, if that much. Still a chance of 1-2" of snow tonight, so it may be slippery in the morning. If it is? I'm coming in late. After yesterday morning's experience, if I'm going out on a skating rink, I wanna do it when it's not very highly populated.
                        sigpic

Comment

Only suppose to be 70 tonight. Sun and clouds tomorrow, high of only 80. Hopefully I can grab my chair early and listen to how bad it it back home
                          Have you hugged your bear today?
                          Erna's Hope will live on in her memory
                          http://ernashope.org/

sigpic

Comment

They are backing down here. I think it is down to 5-10" here at the house and only a little more in Rochester (30 miles north). Amount depends on how much is sleet. Blowing and drifting will be more fun.

My wife just got a call on power out procedures for the Dollar General that she is scheduled to open at 7:30 tomorrow morning.

I'm staying home anyway. If my phone goes out I won't even have to call in for meetings.

Dave

Comment

I can't even see across the road that runs in front of my house right now.
                              sigpic

2006 Ninja 650R (1000 miles and counting.)
                              1997 Bandit 1200S (19000 miles and counting.)
                              1993 Katana 600 (7000 miles) [Sold]
                              1982 Maxim 400 (1125 miles) [Sold]

Comment

Working...
                              X