Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior door (what knockers!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Comment

• Fun w/flags!

Comment

• Interesting ride in and out my road today, the township turned it into a fresh plowed fire road. Should have taken the MV Agusta instead of the BMW :I it's way better for off-road.

Comment

• Ya, got one last ride in today just before the snow.

Comment

• Studs R Fun

I think I found the entrance to the bat cave

Comment

• Warning!
              Discovered yesterday that it is very very important to put ice studs in ALL the knobs,
              whatever you do don't take any shortcuts like I did not worth it.

Comment

• In Boise a couple weeks ago. I GOT TO EXPERIENCE FALLING SNOW!!!
                This has been a “bucket list” item for me for decades. I was only in it for a couple hours until I had to go to the airport. (Saw a crew “de-ice” the plane too, before we took off.)
                Looked like poop sprayed on the wings. Ugly brown stuff. Yuck!
                Anyway, I was at The Griddle in Boise having breakfast. I told my server this is a bucket list thing for me. She said let’s go outside and I’ll take a pic of you with the snow. Well, here you go!!!

Comment

• Couple things I learned that event-

1. Snow is much smaller than the “potato chip” size I envisioned.

2. The size of the flakes can change dramatically, in the same hour. (Could be less, I dunno.)

3. It was listed as “35F” but still snowing?

4. Snow is just what I thought it would be. IT’S AWESOME!

5. I bet I looked the fool when I was trying to catch a snow flake on my tongue. (Felt like a “cold speckle.)

6. When driving in falling snow, the flakes fly “up & over the windscreen.” Never seen that before. My niece said at night “it looks like Star Wars.“ I can believe it.

So, there’s my snowfall experience. Everyone was right, it was very quiet when falling and landing.
                  I even made foot prints!

Comment

• Edit~

The larger the snowflakes, the slower they fall.

Also, you can look straight up and see them coming down! (Try that with rain!) Wearing glasses...

That was cool!

OAN-
                    I was at Clark’s Cycles in Boise. Saw snow mobiles and dirtbike conversion kits for snow. Those snow machines are huge!
                    The tracks must have 2.5” lugs on them.
                    I met a customer from Temecula (recent transplant,) he rode his friend’s Husky. Now he wants a Husky to replace his CR250R.
                    He was looking at a 300cc 2-stroke. I told him Calif is outlawing all 2-strokes 2021, so that market will dry up for us. He said,” That’s another reason why I left that 3rd World Country.”
                    I had to agree with him as our libertys have have stripped of us...

Anyway, I think I sold a Husky that day.
                    (I showed him the prices for new Huskys where I live.) Since those models will become contraband next year, the prices have fallin by 40%.
                    Getting a $10k bike for $6k is great, until you can’t ride it anymore...

Comment

• Originally posted by NORTY View Post
                      In Boise a couple weeks ago. I GOT TO EXPERIENCE FALLING SNOW!!!
                      This has been a “bucket list” item for me for decades. I was only in it for a couple hours until I had to go to the airport. (Saw a crew “de-ice” the plane too, before we took off.)
                      Looked like poop sprayed on the wings. Ugly brown stuff. Yuck!
                      Anyway, I was at The Griddle in Boise having breakfast. I told my server this is a bucket list thing for me. She said let’s go outside and I’ll take a pic of you with the snow. Well, here you go!!!

Originally posted by NORTY View Post
                      Couple things I learned that event-

1. Snow is much smaller than the “potato chip” size I envisioned.

2. The size of the flakes can change dramatically, in the same hour. (Could be less, I dunno.)

3. It was listed as “35F” but still snowing?

4. Snow is just what I thought it would be. IT’S AWESOME!

5. I bet I looked the fool when I was trying to catch a snow flake on my tongue. (Felt like a “cold speckle.)

6. When driving in falling snow, the flakes fly “up & over the windscreen.” Never seen that before. My niece said at night “it looks like Star Wars.“ I can believe it.

So, there’s my snowfall experience. Everyone was right, it was very quiet when falling and landing.
                      I even made foot prints!

Originally posted by NORTY View Post
                      Edit~

The larger the snowflakes, the slower they fall.

Also, you can look straight up and see them coming down! (Try that with rain!) Wearing glasses...

That was cool!

Further proof of why I gave you the nickname I did
                      Suzie
                      '13 KLX 110L - "Kermit"
                      '04 NSR 50
                      GWA Member

Comment

• Too bad you're not here today Norty you could snow plow my driveway for me.

This morning we have about half a foot of fresh snow on top of half an inch of ice covered everything. Interesting snow fact; it takes a layer of warm air to make the big snow flakes, rising warm air mass carries the snow crystals back up into the colder air layers above where they continue to freeze and accumulate, forming larger flakes that eventually become to heavy and fall. If it gets real cold then the falling water becomes sleet or freezing rain and never turns to snow. Man made snow is a good example of this, man made snow makes smaller crystals, granular and contains more ice then air.
                        Once snow hits the ground the nature of the snow changes constantly as it settles, melts and evaporates. Ground snow conditions can change rapidly and will vary depending on how much direct sunlight or tree canopy is in the area.
                        Lake has about 8 inches of ice on it now, in theory if the fresh water ice quality is good that is sufficient thick to drive a car on.

One other semi-useless fact: Salt water ice is considerably stronger and more flexible then Fresh water ice. I guess that is not useless information if you ever have to cross ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by spotbeagle View Post
                          Further proof of why I gave you the nickname I did
                          Mr. Spectacular?

Awwww, shucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trials View Post
                            Too bad you're not here today Norty you could snow plow my driveway for me.

This morning we have about half a foot of fresh snow on top of half an inch of ice covered everything. Interesting snow fact; it takes a layer of warm air to make the big snow flakes, rising warm air mass carries the snow crystals back up into the colder air layers above where they continue to freeze and accumulate, forming larger flakes that eventually become to heavy and fall. If it gets real cold then the falling water becomes sleet or freezing rain and never turns to snow. Man made snow is a good example of this, man made snow makes smaller crystals, granular and contains more ice then air.
                            Once snow hits the ground the nature of the snow changes constantly as it settles, melts and evaporates. Ground snow conditions can change rapidly and will vary depending on how much direct sunlight or tree canopy is in the area.
                            Lake has about 8 inches of ice on it now, in theory if the fresh water ice quality is good that is sufficient thick to drive a car on.

One other semi-useless fact: Salt water ice is considerably stronger and more flexible then Fresh water ice. I guess that is not useless information if you ever have to cross ice.
                            All new info for me. Here’s my “snow.”

Comment

• My oldest saw snow falling for the first time when he was about 12. We were with the Boy Scouts, camping in the Grand Canyon. I woke up at about 2am to a full-moon and snow falling. Woke up the kids so that they could see the snow. "It's just like in the movies!" was my son's reaction.

Comment

• We have family back in NY so the kids saw snow at a young age when we'd go back to visit for the holidays. I'll never forget Cam's first snow encounter. He was about 3 and we stayed overnight in Syracuse after arriving late at the airport. We woke up the next morning to fresh snow. We were in a hotel room that opened right to the parking lot, so he went running out, tripped on the parking curb that was buried in the snow, and COMPLETELY face planted. That's when he realized snow was cold....and he WAS. NOT. IMPRESSED.
                                CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
                                PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
                                Test riding bikes since 2004.
                                If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X