Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ninja Rebel View Post
    Hey to you all, a quick passage thru.

Hope you are all good, and happy new year - Ride Safe !
    Hey NR .. I got a boy in Germany now .. he's not German either. Being from the NC beach he apparently thinks snow is something you swim thru ...

received_2326236830954638 by mmelugin48, on Flickr

received_2222453504740772 by mmelugin48, on Flickr

.. he was at someplace called "the alps" apparently doing some kind of snow/swim competition there. Looks like he's having a good time .. or what I used to call 'a fine and pleasant misery' in my Army days ..
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Comment

• Originally posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
      Hey NR .. I got a boy in Germany now .. he's not German either. Being from the NC beach he apparently thinks snow is something you swim thru ...

.. he was at someplace called "the alps" apparently doing some kind of snow/swim competition there. Looks like he's having a good time .. or what I used to call 'a fine and pleasant misery' in my Army days ..
      Howdy OBX !

I wouldn't recommend Germany as a country to live in for an American, but as long as he has fun.

What do you mean, "a place called the Alps" ? You're kidding me right ?

Are you guys all alright ? We have a shitty weather here for some time now, freezing t°, grey, piss weather.

The Kwak is in the garage on stands for its winter pause.

I hope you guys are good, I am so much at work that I have barely time to tale care of my own F1 forum, so please excuse me, but I ain't forgetting you guys.

Ride safe, for those who have that chance.

Catch Ya !
      Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

• Yes I was kidding about "a place called the alps" .. .. I hear the weather is rather bleak in Germany right now .. but son Billy goes off to far shittier places from time to time. He rather likes Europe.

The weather where I am today is terrible .. a high of only 66 F expected. Meh .. I'll try to make the best of it ..

desert51431054_593700514389869_6785319974241042432 _n

Comment

• No worries, spring is coming soon
          ... all say hi to my new best friend Stuka

Comment

• Hi gang!

Out for a test ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Comment

• Went yesterday to buy it, because of this...

Comment

• They didn’t honor the content on their own website, so I left without a bike. But, I had a car and moto trailer...

Comment

• Well, that's lame they didn't honor the offer. Rude!
                  CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
                  PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
                  Test riding bikes since 2004.
                  If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Rode some rocks in Arizona yesterday.

It’s too rocky for decent traction though.

Comment

• :I like Utah rock better, Great traction if you can stay out of the oil slick the 4x4's leave everywhere.

Comment

• I thought the less than perfect traction is what made off road interesting? Dirt, sand, mud, rocks, logs, water crossings .. definitely different than the relatively consistent asphalt/concrete of street biking. We hit a couple of gulches today full of watermelon to hay bale sized rocks .. (my very limited trials experience came in handy) .. and explored about 45 miles of trails .. fun and challenging. We never seem to take pics of the gnarl .. mebbe because I am trying to survive ..

What I like best about off roading is exploring ..

In search of nowhere ..

Not nowhere .. but you can see it from here .. (rocks ain't the problem .. cactus is .. )

My Canadian riding pal .. Kay Bee .. just a delight to go on rides with, eh.
                        Last edited by OBX-RIDER; 03-05-2019, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Ontario license plate at least somebody is getting good value for their high priced Ontario insurance premiums.

Lack of traction makes terrain challenging but total traction with lots of change in elevation is what really does it for me. My street distance is measured in miles or kilometres and my off-road fun is measured in vertical feet If bad traction is interesting then the ice conditions here right would be perfect :/ I fell down hard yesterday just walking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trials View Post
                            Ontario license plate at least somebody is getting good value for their high priced Ontario insurance premiums.

Lack of traction makes terrain challenging but total traction with lots of change in elevation is what really does it for me. My street distance is measured in miles or kilometres and my off-road fun is measured in vertical feet If bad traction is interesting then the ice conditions here right would be perfect :/ I fell down hard yesterday just walking.
                            The secret is running the equipment suitable to the conditions. I gotta couple of Northern friends who rip on ice with studded tires. I doubt you run race slicks on your trials bikes and I don't run trials tires on my track bike.

iceriding

I'm running Nuetech Tubliss with a Sedona 907 rear and Shinko Fat Tyre front at 7 psi .. the Jim Slaven's rock recommendation on my KTM .. and I would bet me and my Canadian friend get tens of thousands of vertical feet each Winter riding the local mountains/hills. Even Norty got a coupla hundred despite the 'lack of traction'.

Mebbe he should have checked the tire pressure in the DR350 he rode .. or recognised he was riding on 50/50 dual sport tires .. ? My Canadian pal Kathi made a quantum leap forward in traction when she went to 90/10 off road tires instead of the 50/50s .. and added HD tubes and dropped to 12-13 psi.

Trials type tires have become very popular in Colorado but here in the Sonoran the rocks are sharp and there is a lot of gravel/sand washes. Climbing rock mountains/hills is first priority .. (actually proper body armor is first) .. but you have to be able to navigate sand. We got everything but mud .. and this Winter we even had that.

Given a proper off road bike I am sure you would do well here .. near vertical rock faces frequently turns us around .. and I find myself wishing I'd spent more time on my trials bike ..
                            Last edited by OBX-RIDER; 03-06-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Suitable equipment here right now is a snowmobile or a 12 grand motorcycle with a 6 grand track drive.

but that's all about to change in a week or two
                              I've already started setting up for maple syrup production and once that's done riding season is here.

Comment

• Originally posted by OBX-RIDER View Post

My Canadian riding pal .. Kay Bee .. just a delight to go on rides with, eh.
                                Yeah, she's badass. I wanna be like her when I grow up.
                                ~Teri
                                Originally posted by Bugguts
                                Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
                                2013 Triumph Tiger 800
                                2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
                                2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X