Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for her...and the senior that saved the life! That's awesome!
    We are indeed lucky.
    Cam started a new job today at a local auto shop. So proud of his 16 years. They told him to bring his tools in tomorrow. Standard for auto shops, I suppose, but....seems like you'd have to like someone before having them move their tools in. He did shop chores this morning and then in the afternoon, did 2 oil changes on his own.

I am AMAZED that phone works!! Holy crap!! That's incredible.
    CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
    PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
    Test riding bikes since 2004.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
    sigpic

Comment

• What got me was Jenny's attitude .. "I'm going to find that phone Pahpaw .. " I think Cam has that same "can do" attitude ..
      The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Comment

• mosquito season has started, pass the bug repellent.

Comment

• In all humbleness .. meh .. mebbe not. My first attempt at water skiing ..

pps1ac

Of course granddaughter Jenny got up her first attempt too. Next up .. wakeboarding. Looks to me like snowboarding on melted snow ..

Comment

• The balance in snowboarding is different from wakeboarding because of the rope. I think snow boarding is harder than wakeboarding, the rope gives you and extra dimension of support. Snowboarding is like trying to balance on a two legged stool. Wakeboarding is like balancing on a three legged stool - a lot easier. But I have done a lot more wakeboarding so my perspective is biased.

They key to wakeboarding is to let it be easy. We had a wakeboarding boat and my kids were very competitive wakeboarders. We taught a lot of people how to wakeboard. The people who struggled, were the ones who tried too hard. It is really easy if you let it be easy.

Start with the board perpendicular to the direction of the boat and the rope on top of the board between your feet, stay relaxed tell the board driver to accelerate slowly, put a little more weight on your right foot, let yourself come out of the water slowly, let your left hip point at the boat (this will happen automatically as you come our of the water if you have a little more weight on your right foot), once your are up, point your left hip where you want to go (unless your are goofy, then reverse). Let it happen and let it be easy.

You are a surfer, you will have no trouble at all. Next try wake skating and wake surfing.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to it. I read/watched videos on water skiing so I had the fundamental dos and don'ts pretty solid. Do keep arms straight,knees bent , don't try to stand up too quick, let the boat do the work , look at the boat or the horizon. I musta checked 'knees bent/ arms straight every 5 seconds ..

I'd love to wake surf .. but I don't think my little boat with a 115 hp Yammie will make it happen. Funny I remember wake surfing an old fishing boat as a kid .. threw up a great wake at a pretty slow speed ..

boat4

To be honest I don't mind smacking the water a time or two .. that don't signify compared to some of my snowboarding falls. As one of my boys observed "Dad you don't fall very often but wow .. when you do it's something to see.. " Mebbe something about boarding the fall line ..

Comment

• Tripped the big seven oh yesterday. Gigi got me a wakeboard for my birthday and I did that for the first time the day before ...

video-1530384976 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/99852182@N00/]

... of course Jenny-kins tried it right after me and got up on her first attempt too. Texy-Boy successfully waterskied to his absolute delight.

For me birthday I spotted a workable wave down in Frisco on the beach cam and we loaded up the truck and headed South. It was small but fun and my favorite wahine and I surfed all day. Poifeck ..

pahpawjenny-kin by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/99852182@N00/]

I used to say when I was a kid "If I live 'til I'm 70 .. I'll still be surfing at 70 .. " ... hell I'll be riding motorcycles into my 90s ...

Comment

• So much fun!! Good for you!!

I learned to waterski when I was a teenager but haven't done so in years. They don't allow it on the lake we go to nearest our house (at about an hour's travel time). Hard to find a close lake in the desert. We keep talking about taking the boat up to Roosevelt or another lake up that way to really put it through its paces with a tube we acquired from the dealer where we bought the boat on consignment. Otherwise, we get to 30 mph, max, on our nearby lake. Which is plenty fast, but you get there, then have to slow down and u-turn. LOL
                  CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
                  PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
                  Test riding bikes since 2004.
                  If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Retirement is awesome
                    I wake up at 6 am and say Wife! Go catch me some fresh fish!
                    and then I go back to sleep for an hour,
                    and she does!

... now if I could just get her to kill them and clean them

Comment

• Just finished my M2 Exit Course, which is the final step in Ontario’s graduated motorcycle license scheme.

This morning was the road test. They give you a walkie-talkie with an earbud inside your helmet and send you out to ride around while they follow in a van and give instructions.

Passed with only one error: the test criteria from the Ministry of Transportation want you to visibly turn your head to check for people or vehicles at each entrance to a business, and I failed to look at one Pizza Hut as I rode by.

Aside from that, they said I was very boring and they would have liked to see more mistakes so they would have something to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Matt View Post
                        Just finished my M2 Exit Course, which is the final step in Ontario’s graduated motorcycle license scheme.

This morning was the road test. They give you a walkie-talkie with an earbud inside your helmet and send you out to ride around while they follow in a van and give instructions.

Passed with only one error: the test criteria from the Ministry of Transportation want you to visibly turn your head to check for people or vehicles at each entrance to a business, and I failed to look at one Pizza Hut as I rode by.

Aside from that, they said I was very boring and they would have liked to see more mistakes so they would have something to do.
                        Congrats !!
                        That sounds like an interesting test. Never heard of having to check driveways like that before. While the check is undoubtedly a good thing to do, do you think having to visibly move your head is a good practice? Or is that just something you do for the test to show you are checking for danger?

Comment

• Congratulations Matt!
                          I didn't take the course for my final exit but just tested with the Ministry. They do the same thing with the radio/ear bud thing.
                          Alba-
                          The head turn thing is for the test only, my examiner told me the reason they want you to do that is since he can't see if my eyes are moving that I must turn my head to prove I am checking and aware of my surroundings.
                          2005 Yamaha Majesty & 1987 Honda CBX250-Hers
                          1989 Honda GB500, 1982 Yamaha RD350LC, 1984 Honda CX650E & 2002 Kawasaki W650-His
                          2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing-Ours, 2-up

"Catnuts! Get A Thong On Your Chicken!"-Bugguts, March 2006...

Comment

• Originally posted by alba View Post
                            Congrats !!
                            That sounds like an interesting test. Never heard of having to check driveways like that before. While the check is undoubtedly a good thing to do, do you think having to visibly move your head is a good practice? Or is that just something you do for the test to show you are checking for danger?
                            Interesting question. For the test, they want to see your head turn to verify that you are actually paying attention to potential hazards. (No “yeah yeah, I totally saw that playground, I just didn’t turn my head”) But they stick a vertical stripe of green painter’s tape on the back of everyone’s helmet because otherwise from a few car lengths back it isn’t always easy to see a head movement unless it’s very pronounced, like a shoulder check.

If we all wore those neon Mohawks on our helmets, it might be a more useful signal.

Comment

• Was too busy listening to voices in my head and watching out for some crazy guy in a van following me!

Congrats Matt
                              ... bugs are bad but the riding is great

Comment

• Hi !

How are you guys doin' ?

I am fine, still riding my 20 years old ZX-9R, and enjoying, so far a very nice summer.

You guys keep away from trouble hey ?

I will try to come more often, kinda miss the Forum here, but time is scarce...

You all take care !
                                Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

Working...
                                X