Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dealer is raffling off a sweet R9T - proceeds benefit the family of Trooper Chad Wolf. Call Audrey at 734.453.0500 and tell her Katherine sent you!

Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
    2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

• Hello eveyone! Go ride your moto today!
      Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by NORTY View Post
        Hello eveyone! Go ride your moto today!
        Already did. It's the only day this week we're not expecting torrential rain. I could have slightly less than torrential rain on the way home, though. Ah, well. That's what rain gear is for.
        '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
        '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor TRADED IN
        '17 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT - Phantom

"I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

Comment

• Y'all check www.rideskillfully.com lately?

Or www.conepatterns.com ?

Comment

• Wow, kinda quiet in here.

Comment

• Good morning and happy Preakness day!

Who are you rooting for?

With rare exceptions (Rachel Alexandra) I toss the horses who didn't run in the derby. That's most of the field this time. Stradivari is generating a lot of talk, but so did a horse by the name of Social Inclusion in 2014, and he was either third or didn't hit the board, I don't remember. I'm cynical about these untested newcomers. Cherry Wine isn't untested - he showed up in several derby preps and was on some short lists earlier in spring, but isn't as good as the others. Collected could have a chance, but Nyquist and Exaggerator would both have to have a bad day for him to win.

So, we have 3 derby horses in the field and two of them, the derby winner and his chief rival Exaggerator, have won impressively in the mud. Those of you in the mid-Atlantic area may have noticed that it is, to use the technical term, a huge mess out there. Maybe not the sudden thunderstorm that Pharoah romped in last year, but hours of wet building up on that track all day and possibly some extra wear and tear if they have to move any grass races onto the dirt. By post time, it'll be slop, that's one thing that's certain. In spite of Exaggerator's strong mud performance, I think this helps Nyquist. He can be on the lead or right behind it, so he has no chance of breathing mud, getting mud in his eyes, or losing interest because he is covered in mud. Exaggerator, the closer, has to drive into that, down a shorter stretch than last time and with mud in his nostrils.

It's not a good race to bet if you want to make money, but root for Nyquist and keep the hope for back to back triple crown winners alive.
              My two wheels:
              1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
              2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• Got an interesting phone call yesterday from a fellow I met out in Arizona. Wants me to accompany him and a another fellow I met on a ride to Prudehoe Bay, Alaska. He lives in Sandpoint, Idaho. About 5,700 mile trip from here give or take a few hundred. Right in the middle of my surfing season ... but still ... That would be a real motorcycle trip ... not like these little 2 and 3,000 mile "outings" ...

Could always fly Gigi out there ... and take a ferry cruise down the inside passage coming back. That would leave us with just a 3,200 mile 2-up ride back ... I wonder if there is a GS tire that will last 9,000 miles...?
                The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Comment

• That would be a really cool trip and really hard to pass up.
                  SHONUFF

What I ride
                  '06 GL1800 - Overgrown sport bike!

Previous Bikes
                  '01 Yamaha YZF600R
                  '09 Royal Star Venture (7500 miles)
                  '06 YAMAHA FZ6 (10,000 miles)
                  '07 KAWASAKI EX250-NINJETTE (6500 miles)
                  '05 YAMAHA ROADSTAR MIDNIGHT SILVERADO XV1700 (65,000 miles)
                  '06 HONDA AERO 750 (12,000 miles)

God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal, John Moses Browning made some legends, and Eugene Stoner made some more awesomer than others. - various

Comment

• Originally posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
                    Got an interesting phone call yesterday from a fellow I met out in Arizona. Wants me to accompany him and a another fellow I met on a ride to Prudehoe Bay, Alaska. He lives in Sandpoint, Idaho. About 5,700 mile trip from here give or take a few hundred. Right in the middle of my surfing season ... but still ... That would be a real motorcycle trip ... not like these little 2 and 3,000 mile "outings" ...

Could always fly Gigi out there ... and take a ferry cruise down the inside passage coming back. That would leave us with just a 3,200 mile 2-up ride back ... I wonder if there is a GS tire that will last 9,000 miles...?
                    Sounds like a fun trip. Go for it.
                    '07 FJR 1300
                    '05 VTX 1300
                    '02 ACE 750 - Sold
                    Home of the Bug Bash
                    15 Years!
                    August 3 - August 5 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
                      Wants me to accompany him and a another fellow I met on a ride to Prudehoe Bay, Alaska.
                      Friend of mine did it a few years ago on a KLR from Oklahoma City. If I can find his ride report, I'll post it. He had a blast, said he learned a lot about himself and yes, it really was nothing like some of the other month long trips he's taken in the past. He had no real issues until he was about an hour from home... the chain snapped on his KLR. The one thing he didn't have an extra of. LOL
                      Helen

Comment

• The Labrat & I Went for a ride yesterday.

Comment

• We got sunshined on.

Comment

• We got rained on.

Comment

• We had a time.

Comment

• We even found a waterfall.