Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome back!
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Comment

• So.....

Whose riding where this weekend?
      Originally posted by Lezbert
      * Passhole -- Aggressive driver who stops at nothing just to get in front of you, saving him/herself a whopping 10 seconds.
      -2000 Road King Classic with lots of sentimental value
      -M.I.T.G.C. #72

Comment

• Have to drive out to Chambersburg for out daughter's birthday tomorrow, so no riding then. At the bare minimum I'll ride to the range Sunday afternoon. If Church gets out on time and I don't get caught talking I will go "the long way" and get in some riding.

How about you AL?

BTW, welcome back NR.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
        Keith

'11 Triumph Sprint GT - Blue (The fastest color)
        '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 - Blue (The fastest color)

Originally posted by atomicalex
        It feeds my love of machinery to be that close with my whole body.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninja Rebel View Post
          Hi to all !

For those who hoped I was dead...I ain't, just moved houses, and had to wait a century here in Germany to get an Internet connection !
          I'll count more about this in a different thread probably tomorrow.

Haven't had much time to ride lately, have some major catching up to do.

Hope you are all fine, and keep on riding safe.

Catch ya !
          Welcome back, NR! Thread activity should go up now!
          2009 Kawi Vulcan 500 LTD- Woodrow

Comment

• Originally posted by NORTY View Post
            Welcome back!
            Originally posted by AlwaysLearnin View Post
            Whose riding where this weekend?
            I for sure AL !

Originally posted by KACinPA View Post
            BTW, welcome back NR.
            Originally posted by stevekozak View Post
            Welcome back, NR! Thread activity should go up now!
            Thanks guys, feels good to be home
            Amazing how depending on Internet we are today, no ? (telephone I could do w/out, but wife... )
            Hey Steve, I thought I'd start a petition to get paid, what da ya think ?
            Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

• Originally posted by KACinPA View Post
              How about you AL?
              Hmmmm.. not sure yet. Depends on whether or not anyone wants to go with me and how the weather is.
              Originally posted by Lezbert
              * Passhole -- Aggressive driver who stops at nothing just to get in front of you, saving him/herself a whopping 10 seconds.
              -2000 Road King Classic with lots of sentimental value
              -M.I.T.G.C. #72

Comment

• Happy Travers day! Since American Pharoah is running, who is your pick for second?

Or do you think Texas Red can pull off the upset? Saratoga is, after all, nicknamed the Graveyard of Champions for all of the great horses who have gone there as overwhelming favorites and lost.
                My two wheels:
                1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• Left the boxes for an hour today, and went riding for about an hour.
                  God I missed the rev's of the bike, was great t° +/- 25°C, nicely lit, and dry warm roads.
                  Rid in 2/3 cotton pants, high rise snickers, but full jacket & helmet, I know, I know...
                  Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

• Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
                    Happy Travers day!
                    Happy Travers day to you too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
                      Happy Travers day! Since American Pharoah is running, who is your pick for second?

Or do you think Texas Red can pull off the upset? Saratoga is, after all, nicknamed the Graveyard of Champions for all of the great horses who have gone there as overwhelming favorites and lost.
                      I don't know a thing about horse racing but I just sensed American Pharoah was in trouble when that horse was keeping up. I never even saw Keen Ice, honestly, I was so focused on those 2.

Is AP accustomed to being pushed up so close to the rail as he was? I was a lil worried for him!
                      CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
                      PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
                      Test riding bikes since 2004.
                      If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
                      sigpic

Comment

• No, that was uncharacteristic, especially for Frosted. At first, I thought the jockey was simply unaccustomed to the horse, since Frosted's regular rider was injured earlier in the day. AP has had a long string of races where he's either stalking comfortably or unchallenged early.

Graveyard of Champions strikes again.
                        My two wheels:
                        1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                        2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• Took the long way into Ottawa yesterday to check out a bike. On the way back I rode past Parliament Hill (stopped in to give the PM the benefit of my opinion on how he's running the country) and then down Colonel By Drive along the Rideau Canal, which was very nice.

I have now put more mileage on my bike than the two previous owners combined!

Comment

• Appropos of nothing: I rode a V-Strom 650 to work this morning, after spending the weekend resurrecting it. (I had to: my Ninja is in the shop this week for its 15,000 mile service and I wanted to head off the inevitable withdrawal symptoms from being bike-less.)

It's a 2009 V-Strom 650 with ABS that we bought late last year. It was supposed to be my spouse's bike, but he's never ridden it. It was too tall for me to ride comfortably, so I bought some lowering links for it. We got those installed and it's a bit less scary now.

I have to give the thing kudos for handling beautifully on the freeway: nice and stable in a straight line at 80 mph. It's when I get to stoplights and stop signs and uneven pavement that it's still a bit scary. I'm pretty sure it will fall over at least once and there won't be a thing I can do to stop it. (Top-heavy much? Yep.) It's also wide at the front of the saddle, which makes getting both feet down at stops a bit difficult. I'm going to search some forums and see if there's a narrow-front seat option to be had.

Why? Why couldn't I have been graced with just two more inches of inseam?
                            steph moore | New Mexico, USA
                            2009 V-Strom 650 ABS (for now....)

Comment

• My V-Strom 650 (a 2006) has over 200,000 miles on it at this point. Still loving the ride but it's time to rebuild the seat. 200,000 was definitely the limit. Youch
                              90% of happiness is choosing the right ethicist.
                              WoodstockJeff: It's amazing how much looking ahead keeps you in the audience of the play known as "Stupid Traffic Stunts", rather than up on the stage...
                              speeddemon: "Sarchasm: the aching void across which one cannot see that one has been pwned."

Can't seem to post my full avatar

Comment

• I am curious how a weestrom would do for a tall gentleman such ad myself, 6'5?
                                2009 Kawi Vulcan 500 LTD- Woodrow

Comment

Working...
                                X