Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
    A happy coincidence happened. I'm planning a tattoo of one of my spinning wheels. I was instagram-stalking my first choice artist, and, wait, what's that? A spinning wheel? Yep, the tattoo artist I want to do my spinning wheel tattoo is a spinner herself. With such a niche hobby, there are not many of us, and bumping into one by coincidence is unheard of!

Now let's hope she is interested in doing the work and gets back to me on scheduling. She is really talented.
    Okay, so this is awesome. You're right, that spinning is a niche hobby. My wife happens to be a spinner, though it's been a while since she touched her wheel - kids have kind of pushed that hobby to a back burner for a while. But the spinning guild she belongs to has a monthly meeting.

What kind of wheel(s) do you have? My wife has a Majacraft Rose sitting in one of the closets...
    Current bike: 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Previous bikes: 2000 Honda VFR800, 2006 Kawasaki ZX-10R, 2001 Triumph Sprint ST, 2001 Suzuki GS500

Comment

• Ooooo, the majacraft rose is very pretty. I bet it has endless ratios with the different whorls on the drive wheel. It'll be a race between that and the matchless should I ever switch to a castle wheel.

I have two saxony wheels, a large and an xxl. They're in my signature. I'm hoping to add an antique at some point.
      My two wheels:
      1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
      2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• *sets out ibuprofen and bug juice for those returning from bug bash*

Have a good weekend?
        My two wheels:
        1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.

Comment

*sets out ibuprofen and bug juice for those returning from bug bash*

Have a good weekend?

Always....
          SHONUFF

What I ride
          '06 GL1800 - Overgrown sport bike!

Previous Bikes
          '01 Yamaha YZF600R
          '09 Royal Star Venture (7500 miles)
          '06 YAMAHA FZ6 (10,000 miles)
          '07 KAWASAKI EX250-NINJETTE (6500 miles)
          '05 YAMAHA ROADSTAR MIDNIGHT SILVERADO XV1700 (65,000 miles)
          '06 HONDA AERO 750 (12,000 miles)

God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal, John Moses Browning made some legends, and Eugene Stoner made some more awesomer than others. - various

Comment

• Originally posted by Trials View Post
            :I was going to suggest you enter the Trial, you would have had a blast!
            … could you tell which sections I built

btw:
            Do you not know who won the trial ?:I or what bike they were on ?
            I'll enter one of these days! Would they let me in on the DR? Actually, street-legal trials would be kind of cool. Ride in, compete, ride home.

If I had to guess which sections you built, they were the ones generating all the sounds of suspensions bottoming out and bash plates grinding against rocks.

No idea who won. It seemed like people just finished riding and started loading up and leaving. There must have been some kind of wrap-up, but I never heard or saw it. Not really a spectator-oriented sport, is it?

Comment

• If it's laid out and organized proper it's otherwise
              it's an effort to spectate a Trials event unless you are riding a bike.

Riding the bike you rode in on would impress a lot of the riders, absolutely, even more if you win
              You can ride anything you like, turning radius would be tricky on some of the CVMG Quebec sections for sure, you'd have to hop or float or dab a little more then most. & file back your steering stops, that has been done a lot in the past.

Last year, Mick Andrews was in attendance, anybody heard of him ?:I

ya the zig-zag back and forth over the rock wall was my creation

Comment

Ooooo, the majacraft rose is very pretty. I bet it has endless ratios with the different whorls on the drive wheel. It'll be a race between that and the matchless should I ever switch to a castle wheel.

I have two saxony wheels, a large and an xxl. They're in my signature. I'm hoping to add an antique at some point.
                I had not expected to stumble across other spinners here I am also a spinner...and a novice rider I use the same handle on Ravelry

Comment

• Originally posted by woodlandsprite View Post
                  I had not expected to stumble across other spinners here I am also a spinner...and a novice rider I use the same handle on Ravelry
                  You never know what you will find in here there are some very unique people in here

What's the strangest animal hair that You've ever spun ?:I

Comment

• I haven't perused Ravelry in a while but I think I'm racermom on there...
                    Helen

Comment

• I'm RideToKnit on rav.
                      My two wheels:

Comment

Alaskan muskox.
                        My two wheels:

Comment

Bison down...

Comment

• Public Service Announcement:

Do not look at used bike ads before bed. I woke up four times, convinced I had bought two 1983 Suzuki Tempters.

Comment

• I was hoping for something in a nice Orangutan

Comment

• If you want to shear that thing, go right ahead. I'd anticipate the hair being a high micron, possibly two coated and very coarse kind of hair that will make a scratchy yarn. I like longwools, but that's ridiculous.
                                My two wheels:

Comment

Working...
                                X