Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably harder to find a naked 1200 than an 1100, but either would be cool. Don't forget to post pics!
    sigpic

Comment

• Those old naked Wings are weirdly cool. A buddy introduced me to the world of customized CX500s--seems it's a thing these days...

Comment

• Originally posted by MsPotatoPotatoHead View Post
        Probably harder to find a naked 1200 than an 1100, but either would be cool. Don't forget to post pics!
        Yes, the 1200's are rarer. He is undecided. His Boss will sell it to him for what he has into in. No markup. In the mean time, if he finds another buyer, my hubby said to sell it. There will be pics if he brings it home again for good, or finds the 1200, whatever happens first!
        2005 Yamaha Majesty & 1987 Honda CBX250-Hers
        1989 Honda GB500, 1982 Yamaha RD350LC, 1984 Honda CX650E & 2002 Kawasaki W650-His
        2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing-Ours, 2-up

"Catnuts! Get A Thong On Your Chicken!"-Bugguts, March 2006...

Comment

• Fair enough.

The previously mentioned office door with window is now (finally) installed. They took my door a week ago to put the glass in, and I just got it back (the bldg. maintenance crew is just a couple of people for three large facilities, so they stay very busy). In any case, it's awesome. I can has quiet AND I can has a view!

The true test will be when my loud co-worker gets back this afternoon and gets on the phone.
          sigpic

Comment

• Boss sold the Wing today so hubby lost out. Guess now he has to wait for the 1200 to come along.....
            1989 Honda GB500, 1982 Yamaha RD350LC, 1984 Honda CX650E & 2002 Kawasaki W650-His

Comment

• There is a wing for sale on somebody's front yard in Camden East. I can check into it if you like.

… unless you prefer i do not

Comment

• LOL.... Trials! It's ok my friend, we'll find one fairly local eventually...... Unless it's a naked 1200 in great shape and really really cheap.....

Comment

• Here's a pic of that Wing, far from naked though, just the opposite.
                  1982 Aspencade, so that would make it an 1100 :/ loaded for Bear. a really, really Big Bear.
                  If she runs good, I guess the best thing going for it is the 1500$ obo asking price.

Comment

• Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group rally and vintage trial tomorrow in Ormstown, Quebec. http://www.cvmg.ca/event-1865468?Cal...dDate=8/1/2015

Think I'll ride over and check it out if the weather cooperates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Matt View Post
                      Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group rally and vintage trial tomorrow in Ormstown, Quebec. http://www.cvmg.ca/event-1865468?Cal...dDate=8/1/2015

Think I'll ride over and check it out if the weather cooperates.
                      Looks like something nice to do Matt ! Have fun, and post pics if you get a chance...
                      Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

• Where you been, NR?
                        2009 Kawi Vulcan 500 LTD- Woodrow

Comment

• Ormstown Rally highly recommended.

:I am intimately familiar with every rock and river crossing at that place

Comment

• Originally posted by stevekozak View Post
                            Where you been, NR?
                            Hum...hanging in there

You're doin' Steve ?
                            Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninja Rebel View Post
                              Looks like something nice to do Matt ! Have fun, and post pics if you get a chance...
                              Sorry, no pictures. My only decent digital camera is the one in my iPad and it's too big to lug around. I am long overdue for a new phone with a good camera.

Cool show, though. Lots of neat old bikes. Nortons, BSAs, a ton of Triumphs, a couple of 1930's Broughs, and my favourite, a Nimbus with a sidecar. There was a Bultaco Alpina 350 for sale, made the same year I was. I manfully resisted asking how much they wanted for it.

Also some old cars, MGs, Triumphs, a Jaguar or two, and one lonely Citroen 'deux chevaux'.

I got there a bit late but still caught the last bit of the vintage trial, which was very cool. The terrain is much less rugged than at Trials' place, but plenty tricky for mere mortals. I did catch myself thinking I could ride at least the easy line in most sections, which is a dangerous line of thought...

Comment

• :I was going to suggest you enter the Trial, you would have had a blast!
                                … could you tell which sections I built

btw:
                                Do you not know who won the trial ?:I or what bike they were on ?

Comment

Working...
                                X