Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The water is great, and plenty of it!

Most of my place has livestock fencing, and there is at least one 16' vehicle gate to each pasture, most of them with more than one gate. Also one or two walk gates into each pasture/corral, and those are mostly the ones that are in odd places (IMO).

There's also a section of privacy/dog fencing right around the house on one side. A portion of it had to be taken down when my foundation was repaired earlier this year (and that contractor put the fence back up, too -- helps to play the "widow card" ). And then a different section had to be taken down to get to the well head. Luckily, all of that fence is 8' panel sections attached to t-posts or 4x4s, so at most a couple of panels and one post have to be taken down for vehicular access. Normally, there would be no need to drive into (nor is there enough to drive around in) that fenced area, but at least it's not a big production to take a panel down to back something up to the side of the house. Last year when I had the house re-wired and the electric service moved, the power company was able to just reach over the fence and pluck out the two no-longer-necessary power poles in the yard.

I waited just long enough to leave on my ride that I'd get there after they started serving lunch, but before the church crowd. Homemade chocolate cream pie with fresh strawberries was my reward.
    sigpic

Comment

• I took a 170 mile roundtrip breakfast ride this morning. I should have had a snack before I started out, as I started failing about halfway to my destination. Couldn't keep to a line to save my life. Just felt very "off". My throttle control was newbeesque. Minivans were passing me and taking the curves faster than I was. I was tired (not been sleeping well) and my blood sugar levels must have been low. I just kinda took it slow and tried to focus as much as possible. Got to Payson and had a huge breakfast at the Beeline Cafe (I had the pancakes that MPPH didnt have). I really like that cafe. The service is really great and the food almost matches. The ride back was perfect. All my bad lines and mistakes were gone, and Woodrow was galloping like a champ! All in all a good morning. Then came home and watered everything, tied up my tomatoes, drove some T-posts, and tended the bushes. Now time for a beer and a nap!
      2009 Kawi Vulcan 500 LTD- Woodrow

Comment

• Originally posted by NORTY View Post
        That may be one of the best photos on this forum. Superb.
        Upside down in mid air is usually not a good pic for a motorcyclist.
        The cost of a motorcycle is merely a down payment on farkles.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsPotatoPotatoHead View Post
          Will have to get my pie ride in fairly early today -- 40% chance of t-storms this afternoon. Maybe it'll be a pancake ride, instead.
          Got in a 78 mile 2 1/4 hour ride in today. Ours was a ice cream ride! Not as good as pie, but it'll do.
          Originally posted by Lezbert
          * Passhole -- Aggressive driver who stops at nothing just to get in front of you, saving him/herself a whopping 10 seconds.
          -2000 Road King Classic with lots of sentimental value
          -M.I.T.G.C. #72

Comment

• Originally posted by stevekozak View Post
            I took a 170 mile roundtrip breakfast ride this morning. I should have had a snack before I started out, as I started failing about halfway to my destination. Couldn't keep to a line to save my life. Just felt very "off". My throttle control was newbeesque. Minivans were passing me and taking the curves faster than I was. I was tired (not been sleeping well) and my blood sugar levels must have been low. I just kinda took it slow and tried to focus as much as possible. Got to Payson and had a huge breakfast at the Beeline Cafe (I had the pancakes that MPPH didnt have). I really like that cafe. The service is really great and the food almost matches. The ride back was perfect. All my bad lines and mistakes were gone, and Woodrow was galloping like a champ! All in all a good morning. Then came home and watered everything, tied up my tomatoes, drove some T-posts, and tended the bushes. Now time for a beer and a nap!
            Nice! Glad you perked up after your great breakfast! My round trip was only about 70 miles, but the sun came out and temps went back up over 90F, so I was okay with it being a little shorter day. I'll be glad when this mini heat wave passes and we go back to our normal highs of 70s and 80s.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysLearnin View Post
              Got in a 78 mile 2 1/4 hour ride in today. Ours was a ice cream ride! Not as good as pie, but it'll do.
              If I hadn't just had pie, I'd have stopped for ice cream since today ended up being another hot one.

But now you mention it.....I *do* have some ice cream in the freezer.
              sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. This is my last work week before a staycation! I'm catsitting for my parents and hopefully completing a list of projects. But first, I must survive this week.
                My two wheels:
                1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• Morning OC!

4 days of work for me this week (plus 2 evenings of RiderCoaching) then off for a week at the beach for the whole family. We found out Saturday that out grandson has a peanut allergy. Him Mom gave him a PBJ for lunch, which resulted in an ambulance ride to the ER. This wasn't his first time having PB, but that does seem to be the trigger. So no peanut stuff in the beach house next week!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                  Keith

'11 Triumph Sprint GT - Blue (The fastest color)
                  '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 - Blue (The fastest color)

Originally posted by atomicalex
                  It feeds my love of machinery to be that close with my whole body.

Comment

• A happy coincidence happened. I'm planning a tattoo of one of my spinning wheels. I was instagram-stalking my first choice artist, and, wait, what's that? A spinning wheel? Yep, the tattoo artist I want to do my spinning wheel tattoo is a spinner herself. With such a niche hobby, there are not many of us, and bumping into one by coincidence is unheard of!

Now let's hope she is interested in doing the work and gets back to me on scheduling. She is really talented.
                    My two wheels:
                    1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.

Comment

• Now that is a truly serendipitous thing! I can't imagine she would say "no"!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Well, she's in that class of artists who can and do turn down jobs. You wouldn't go to her for an hour's worth of flash. I'm hoping that what I assume is a 12 hour, unique, challenging piece is enough of a dangling carrot to get her interested. Her line work is perfection, and this is a negative space tattoo, which make me nervous because shoddy line work could transform it from graphical masterpiece to nondescript blob. If she isn't interested, I'm going to have to travel, which I was hoping to not do because a) at least two sessions, and b) long trips home in flip flops with the entire back of my calf sore and angry. This us one of those times where people in major cities reap the benefits of having to live in a city. My small city has plenty of halfway decent artists who can do your simple, small tattoo just fine, but very few who can do the big impressive kind.
                        My two wheels:

Comment

• Glad your water woes are taken car of MsPPH.
                          We have the best of both worlds.....town water in the house for all uses that has always been reliable. For drinking water we live about 1/2 hour from a fantastic spring (Elmvale) whose aquifier produces some of the purest water in the world. We take a bunch of 5 gallon water jugs and fill them for free at the "water kiosk" at the side of the road. It is so cold and delicious right out of the ground, fantastic.
                          http://www.elmvalewater.org/
                          2005 Yamaha Majesty & 1987 Honda CBX250-Hers
                          1989 Honda GB500, 1982 Yamaha RD350LC, 1984 Honda CX650E & 2002 Kawasaki W650-His
                          2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing-Ours, 2-up

"Catnuts! Get A Thong On Your Chicken!"-Bugguts, March 2006...

Comment

• So yesterday my hubby comes home and shows me 2 pics of an old naked 1100 Goldwing they have at work. Today he texts me a video of it running. Then texts later he's going to try to ride it home tonight. I have a very suspicious feeling that once it gets here, it won't be going back.....
                            1989 Honda GB500, 1982 Yamaha RD350LC, 1984 Honda CX650E & 2002 Kawasaki W650-His

Comment

• Aaaand????
                              CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
                              PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
                              Test riding bikes since 2004.
                              If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
                              sigpic

Comment

• It's here, lurking in the driveway. It wasn't allowed (like, as if there's any room anyways) in the garage. Which tells me he's undecided. He wants an old naked wing but was hoping for a 1200. The bike is actually in really nice shape for it's age. He doesn't know the exact price yet. We'll see what happens tomorrow.....

Comment

Working...
                                X