Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda sniffing around zillow, looking for acerage in Colorado. Just kind of noticed the pricing hasn't really recovered from the 2006-7-8 home loan debacle. What gives with this? I looked in Co, Mo, SC. Quite surprised. The property around here (SoCal) seems to have fully recovered from the debacle. Maybe I should look elsewhere?

I know zillow isn't the most accurate, but it should be consistantly inaccurate...at least.
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Comment

• Good morning to you all, AL in first

The Forum has been quite morose/splenetic lately ! I wonder...

Where's Buggs !?
      Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

• I was going to take a picture of my car's odometer when I got to work but I ended up 1.5 miles short... VW will turn 225k miles this afternoon. And this is my newest/lowest mileage car.

Not sure whether to be happy with no car payments or sad that my newest car is 10 years old?
        Helen

Comment

• Originally posted by NORTY View Post
          Kinda sniffing around zillow, looking for acerage in Colorado. Just kind of noticed the pricing hasn't really recovered from the 2006-7-8 home loan debacle. What gives with this? I looked in Co, Mo, SC. Quite surprised. The property around here (SoCal) seems to have fully recovered from the debacle. Maybe I should look elsewhere?

I know zillow isn't the most accurate, but it should be consistantly inaccurate...at least.
          Higher population density, higher demand? The prices here never sagged as far as they did in some places (i.e., SoCal), so there's been less fluctuation as the market has recovered. Also, maybe not so much on the front range, but our real estate market here in the scenic part of the state is driven as much (or more) by second home/vacation home sales as by "normal" market demands.

Lemme know what part of the state you're looking at and I can provide the inside scoop.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sxy Rdr View Post
            I was going to take a picture of my car's odometer when I got to work but I ended up 1.5 miles short... VW will turn 225k miles this afternoon. And this is my newest/lowest mileage car.

Not sure whether to be happy with no car payments or sad that my newest car is 10 years old?
            You should be stoked! My 1999 Camry has 325k + miles, we paid cash for it in 2002 with 31k on it, haven't had a car payment since I paid off my 1st Camry in 1997.
            2005 Honda Rebel 250 - sold 5/27/08
            2003 Yamaha V Star 650 Custom - sold 6/01/10
            2009 Yamaha 950 Tourer

Comment

• Yeah we paid cash for this back in... 09 I think. It's an 05.5. The funny thing is over the past 2 years, it's been doing a lot of sitting. It'd probably be closer to 300k if it'd been driven regularly.

So yeah even though I just dropped $750 into this thing 6 weeks ago, it's less than 2 or 3 car payments!
              Helen

Comment

• I get to go pick up the Spyder from the dealer today, post-recall work. As it turned out, it was an excellent week to be without it.

I wouldn't have had the energy to ride this week even if I'd had the time. Still too tired today from being overstressed all week to go for much of a ride this afternoon, but tomorrow I'm hoping to at least do a "ride for pie" ride.
                sigpic

Comment

• Mmmmmmm. PIE!
                  Originally posted by Lezbert
                  * Passhole -- Aggressive driver who stops at nothing just to get in front of you, saving him/herself a whopping 10 seconds.
                  -2000 Road King Classic with lots of sentimental value
                  -M.I.T.G.C. #72

Comment

• Just back from Oshkosh Airventure flyin with my granddaughter. An acquaintance wanted me to accompany him as backup in his very nice new Turbo Stationaire. My price was my granddaughter coming along. Camped under the wing for four days and enjoyed watching some spectacular flying and ogled airplanes aplenty.

Of course we had to try some new maneuvers back at home ...

The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Comment

• That may be one of the best photos on this forum. Superb.
                      Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsPotatoPotatoHead View Post
                        In other words, the gyroscopic effect of speed makes any two-wheeler more resistant to leaning, the faster it is traveling? That is my seat-of-the-pants, real-world physics education asking.

The well repair guy has been here 30 minutes and already has the old pump out (and he had to take down a fence to get his rig up to the well head, so that accounted for at least 10 minutes of his time). It is the original that was installed when the house was built in 1965. 0.o

He is replacing it with the modern version of the exact same thing, both pump (Goulds) and motor (Franklin). I think I can be fairly confident that I will not have to replace this one again in my lifetime! New wiring and conduit for the wiring are also being installed (those were also the originals). Everything else downwell appears to be in good condition. *beginning to be able to breathe again*
                        Good to hear aboutt the well pump--I know that "sword of Damocles" feeling you mentioned earlier, our well pump is getting on too (but 1965?--wow!). Hmmm...when I built our fence, I included a truck gate...

And hey, yeah your "seat of the pants? physics is bang on--gyroscopic stability is affected by both mass and rotational velocity, so if the weight is the same (both amount and position), the faster a wheel spins the more stable it is. One reason counter-steering doesn't work so well at PL speeds.

Comment

• Awesome photo, OBX!

My 5-mile return trip from the dealership turned into a 50-mile, multi-state ride home. Just couldn't bear to get off it that soon, no matter how tired I am or how hot it is outside (it's 93F right now -- not my favorite kind of weather for riding).

I think if I had been in charge of placing fences/gates on this property, there are a whole bunch of them I would have done differently! I find that at least half the gates (and there are a lot) are in absolutely the wrong place, so there are times I find myself climbing over a fence vs. walking all the way around to a gate. Unexpectedly, he put the fence back up when he was done! It's just a t-post/chain link panel dog fence, so there really wasn't much to it, but I'm very glad he didn't leave it for me to do. I probably wouldn't have....
                          sigpic

Comment

• Gonna take a 100+ mile breakfast ride in the morning. Something to look forward to.

MPPH, I am happy you got your ride back and was able to take a ride!
                            2009 Kawi Vulcan 500 LTD- Woodrow

Comment

• Will have to get my pie ride in fairly early today -- 40% chance of t-storms this afternoon. Maybe it'll be a pancake ride, instead.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MsPotatoPotatoHead View Post
                                I think if I had been in charge of placing fences/gates on this property, there are a whole bunch of them I would have done differently! I find that at least half the gates (and there are a lot) are in absolutely the wrong place, so there are times I find myself climbing over a fence vs. walking all the way around to a gate. Unexpectedly, he put the fence back up when he was done! It's just a t-post/chain link panel dog fence, so there really wasn't much to it, but I'm very glad he didn't leave it for me to do. I probably wouldn't have....
                                I dug 170-odd fence post holes--by hand--when I put up our fence. I really tried to locate gates in the right places, and in some places I placed two fence posts one gates width apart for future installation (I installed two new gates this past spring, but there is one gate I don't think I've opened for three years...). Yeah, I hate having gates in the wrong place. But every fence I build has a vehicle gate (usually just a section of removeable fence) because when you do need it...

Glad your guy replaced the fence. How is the water?

And, after reading your later post, I made myself some buckwheat pancakes this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X