Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sherpa currently has no reserve because I defeated the stupid vacuum petcock for now. Want to put a normal one on.
    Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
    2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Matt View Post
      On the way to work this morning I finally learned how far I can go before it’s time to switch the petcock to reserve. Unfortunately, I discovered it when the engine died in the centre lane of Autoroute 13.
      Humm...should have stuttered ?

Originally posted by Trials View Post
      On the bright side, chances are your next bike will be fuel injected and not have a tap it will just run out of gas.
      Right, but the gauge is probably better on an e.f.i. ? (usually flashes when you get on reserve, and if you R the FM, you should know how much you have left, then compute the MPG...)
      Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

• Works great....as long as you have good gas. I...my friend, I mean....can only guess it was crap gas because both of us didn't get the gas mileage we should have on that fateful night on Rte 8 at about midnight.
        CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
        PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
        Test riding bikes since 2004.
        If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysLearnin View Post
          Thanks for posting these AL.

I always wanted to learn to fly. I had actually just started Private Pilot lessons when I was diagnosed with T1 diabetes and that put an end to that. If I had the money and patience I could work at getting approved for a "Special Issuance" of a Medical Certificate, but I would have to pay for a cardiac stress tests out of pocket, along with a pile of paperwork that would have to be repeated every 6 months.

At this point, I would like to get a Sport Pilot Certification, but none of the local flight schools offer a Sport Pilot course. The AOPA has a list of instructors who will do the course, but they are all basically CFIs with a Sport class plane who will do the training and I would be much more comfortable at an actual Flight School. Such is life!
          Keith

'11 Triumph Sprint GT - Blue (The fastest color)
          '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 - Blue (The fastest color)

Originally posted by atomicalex
          It feeds my love of machinery to be that close with my whole body.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Matt View Post
            I can just run out of gas with this bike. At least it has a healthy reserve to fall back on once the dummy in charge remembers to turn the knob to reserve.
            As long as the dummy in charge remembers to take the petcock off of reserve after refilling!
            Helen

Comment

• Opening day at Del Mar. Bring your hat, ladies.

Hat contest today. $5000 in prizes. Usually all expense paid trip. To places like Fiji, Bora Bora.

American Pharoh is galloping here right now.
              Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sxy Rdr View Post
                Could use healing vibes for my family.
                Dad was admitted to the hospital Sun night... It's not good.
                Another family member is undergoing liver cancer tests because they found a lump on his liver.

Not a fun way to have started this week...
                For anyone who actually cares...
                Week's going better, mostly.

I messed up my back yesterday. Damned stress I guess. Haven't been sleeping well, but have managed to regain 1 of the lost 4 lbs.

Dad's feeding tube was removed Tues but having been bedridden for several days means he had some fluid in his lungs. Tues night they decided that there wasn't enough fluid to warrant draining his lungs but they were concerned about his preexisting Parkinson's related swallowing issues. He failed his swallowing tests on Wed and now has to have thickeners added to his liquids so that it's more likely to go down the right pipe. Still fighting his bacterial infection. Stepmom's hoping he'll be sent to a rehab facility once he's released from the hospital so that they can help him start with exercises to get his strength back. It's been almost 2 weeks since he's had any real food.

No update on the liver cancer screening yet.
                Helen

Comment

• Sounds like you've got your hands full Sxy. Sending good thoughts your way.
                  Originally posted by Lezbert
                  * Passhole -- Aggressive driver who stops at nothing just to get in front of you, saving him/herself a whopping 10 seconds.
                  -2000 Road King Classic with lots of sentimental value
                  -M.I.T.G.C. #72

Comment

• Hospital should have a patient care administrator to help with the rehab arrangements. Is pretty much up to Stepmom to get that arranged. I don't know anything specific as I was on morphine while Wife was taking care of it.
                    The cost of a motorcycle is merely a down payment on farkles.

Comment

• Thanks, AL.

atonic - my stepmom's pretty good about staying on top of things. She said she's been talking to them about it but they won't make a decision/plans right now. They're waiting to see when they can release him from the hospital first. He's still contagious I think.
                      Helen

Comment

• Originally posted by Sxy Rdr View Post
                        As long as the dummy in charge remembers to take the petcock off of reserve after refilling!
                        +100000000000......if you think it's embarrassing to have to switch to reserve on the fly, imagine running out of gas and finding out you were already on reserve so you really ARE out of gas....
                        Silver '07 Kawi Ninja 250R (sold)
                        '09 Kawi Versys

Originally posted by Overcaffeinated
                        Oh, hell, Smurf's right.
                        First Missouri, then Minnesota, now Michigan.....it is my goal in life to live in every state that starts with "M" before I die.....

sigpic

Didn't vote??? Don't whine....

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Originally posted by Missy B View Post
                          Works great....as long as you have good gas. I...my friend, I mean....can only guess it was crap gas because both of us didn't get the gas mileage we should have on that fateful night on Rte 8 at about midnight.
                          Your friend also had a dead phone while out of gas, alone, on Rte 8, at about midnight. Fun times!
                          ~Teri
                          Originally posted by Bugguts
                          Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
                          2013 Triumph Tiger 800
                          2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
                          2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

sigpic

Comment

• My uh..friend..is not very smart.
                            CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
                            PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
                            Test riding bikes since 2004.
                            If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Missy B View Post
                              My uh..friend..is not very smart.
                              "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered ... " G.K. Chesterson
                              The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Comment

• Originally posted by KACinPA View Post
                                Thanks for posting these AL.

I always wanted to learn to fly. I had actually just started Private Pilot lessons when I was diagnosed with T1 diabetes and that put an end to that. If I had the money and patience I could work at getting approved for a "Special Issuance" of a Medical Certificate, but I would have to pay for a cardiac stress tests out of pocket, along with a pile of paperwork that would have to be repeated every 6 months.

At this point, I would like to get a Sport Pilot Certification, but none of the local flight schools offer a Sport Pilot course. The AOPA has a list of instructors who will do the course, but they are all basically CFIs with a Sport class plane who will do the training and I would be much more comfortable at an actual Flight School. Such is life!
                                Glad someone enjoyed it!

As I've said before I had the opportunity to take lessons for free and quit after 18 hrs. of flight time. Love to fly, piloting... not so much.

I liked the statement in part three: "If you're doing something wrong, odds are it began seven moves back."
                                Originally posted by Lezbert
                                * Passhole -- Aggressive driver who stops at nothing just to get in front of you, saving him/herself a whopping 10 seconds.
                                -2000 Road King Classic with lots of sentimental value
                                -M.I.T.G.C. #72

Comment

Working...
                                X