Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBX~ we see scooters and motorcycles with surfboards mounted to a rack on the side daily, down at the beach.

I bet they're happy it's virtually windless most days!
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
      Toy hauler, aka camper with a built in storage space for fun vehicles, kayaks, etc. They're living the dream. I'd fill mine with looms.
      They are rich
      (thanks OC !)
      Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

• My husband and I are far from rich. We ARE middle managers that work our asses off, though.
        CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
        PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
        Test riding bikes since 2004.
        If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Missy B View Post
          My husband and I are far from rich. We ARE middle managers that work our asses off, though.
          It was a wink, I always did, and still do...and am poor...was rich, am no longer...

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

Comment

• I'm just retired and now living on a fixed income.
            If I stand any chance of becoming rich, it will be a lottery ticket, or a whole bunch of you people need to go out and buy Harley-Davidsons

Comment

My husband and I are far from rich. We ARE middle managers that work our asses off, though.
              Yeah guys! She's in Vail ARIZONA, not Vail Colorado. Just your regular run of the mill hard working plebeian with mohawks, motorcycles and moxy trucking her way through the interwebs.
              90% of happiness is choosing the right ethicist.
              WoodstockJeff: It's amazing how much looking ahead keeps you in the audience of the play known as "Stupid Traffic Stunts", rather than up on the stage...
              speeddemon: "Sarchasm: the aching void across which one cannot see that one has been pwned."

Can't seem to post my full avatar

Comment

• Does anyone know what tonight is?

TONIGHT IS THE KENTUCKY DERBY POST DRAW!
                My two wheels:
                1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

Missy ... I know you, I've met you, I've camped with you, I've spent time in Walmart with you ... I've watched you put up a tent using a teeny tiny cute little hammer ... I know just how Rich you are!
                  Ride safe, ride smart, ride ATGATT because sweat dries faster than scars heal

2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
                  2009 Kawasaki ER-6N

* If you love your bike set it free. If it comes back to you, you've High Sided

sigpic

Comment

You are one of the richest people I have ever met. Maybe not in dollars, but rich nonetheless.

Some people are a waste of bandwidth. . . and oxygen.
                    The cost of a motorcycle is merely a down payment on farkles.

Comment

• We are indeed rich in many blessings. That is fo' sure.
                      CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
                      PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
                      Test riding bikes since 2004.
                      If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
                      sigpic

Comment

• One Christmas present down. My sister and I have been looking for these stoneware pots for ages. You put silverware and napkins in them and put them on the table. They are all over Germany but never for sale. Finally found that one of the local breweries sells theirs.

Yippee for fun gifts!
                        Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
                        2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

• The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

For OC....

A highway patrolman pulled alongside a speeding car on the freeway.
                          Glancing at the car, he was astounded to see that the blonde behind the wheel was knitting!
                          Realizing that she was oblivious to his flashing lights and siren, the trooper cranked down his window, turned on his bullhorn and yelled, 'PULL OVER!'

'NO!' the blonde yelled back, 'IT'S A SCARF!'
                          Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
                          2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

• Yesterday I ended up being lazy and riding the Vulcan 500 to work. It has been a while since I rode it more than a few miles. It's very different and not quite as I remember it when I was riding it every day.

I really don't like not having a windscreen. The tiny little screen on the Sprint really does get the wind off of you. I had to run up the highway 10 miles or so over lunch to pick up some paperwork from my doctor and I really felt the wind.

It is fun shifting gears more often. Hell I got all the way into 6th on my ride in to work! On my Sprint most of the trip to work is in 2nd and 3rd gear. And you can really wind out that little 500cc twin yet still avoid the potential for felony speeding! It really is more fun to ride a slow bike fast vs a fast bike slow!

I still am not a fan of the cruiser ergonomics. The pegs aren't THAT far forward, but it sure feels that way after being used to the Sprint. The ride was short enough that my back was OK, but I clearly remembered how bad it would hurt my back and butt if I rode the Vulcan more than an hour.

I get way more return waves from both Harley Riders and BMW riders on the Sprint than on the little Vulcan. No idea why.

I forgot I needed to use the choke to get it to start! I have said "So What do the letters in FINE-C mean?" enough that you think I would remember!

I really missed the clock and the fuel gauge!

Anyway, back to the Sprint tomorrow and hopefully my wife will get out on the Vulcan this coming weekend and she won't notice any of this as she will just be in love with riding, just like I was when i first got the Vulcan.
                            Keith

'11 Triumph Sprint GT - Blue (The fastest color)
                            '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 - Blue (The fastest color)

Originally posted by atomicalex
                            It feeds my love of machinery to be that close with my whole body.

Comment

• Originally posted by storysunfolding View Post
                              Yeah guys! She's in Vail ARIZONA, not Vail Colorado.
                              I had to double check the state, as Colorado came out first
                              (does make a # me think...)

Comment

• Originally posted by atonic View Post
                                You are one of the richest people I have ever met. Maybe not in dollars, but rich nonetheless.

Some people are a waste of bandwidth. . . and oxygen.
                                Truth on both accounts.

Missy fit in just fine when I met her out at D@DG...(I don't think any snooty rich types would fit in very well with the crew..)
                                Rain or Shine 8 - May 20-22, 2016 - Monterey, TN

No matter what goes to hell, always rise from the ashes, stronger.

Comment

Working...
                                X