Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KACinPA View Post
    ...put a foot down and crossed a boundary line for 6 points she had no points in the swerve and braking then picked up 7 points in the curve for speed and looking down.
    Your scoring is severe, in Trials the most we can lose on a section is 5 points,
    and that is only if you stall, fall, crash, leave the course or roll backwards :/
    Speed and how you look, that doesn't count for anything.

… See, it's easier to ace a Trials section, then it to pass your BRC

Comment

.... The one who failed to pass went out in spectacular fashion locking their front brake on the quick stop evaluation sending him to the ground and the bike spinning away….
      4 fingers full of hydraulic brake can do that pretty good.

Comment

It was a challenge coaching her as she is head strong and doesn't really take advice from me very well.
        Gee. That sounds a lot like our spousal dynamic too!
        Originally posted by Lezbert
        * Passhole -- Aggressive driver who stops at nothing just to get in front of you, saving him/herself a whopping 10 seconds.
        -2000 Road King Classic with lots of sentimental value
        -M.I.T.G.C. #72

Comment

• Oh, my God! I can't imagine taking a class from Chaz. No matter if he was the sole expert in something I was hankering to learn, I wouldn't be his student.
          If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be. -Maya Angelou

Comment

• There is an old saying, I forgot who said it:
            You can teach your girlfriend to ride a motorcycle, but not your wife.

Comment

• Hope all had a good weekend.

We had a great Sunday.

Donovan came out of retirement for a race.... hasn't raced in over a year. Hasn't really ridden hard at all in the past year. But we traveled to Arrington, VA, for a gorgeous sunny day's race in pretty central VA.

He's always suffering from Murphy's Law issues. Bike started first kick every single time... except when the flag dropped (dead engine starts). He was last off the line by at least 20 seconds. He battled for 3rd in his class until he went head first into a tree. Too bad no one snapped a pic of his hand guards when he pitted.... they were rotated all the way around and were facing his head. Ended up finishing 5th of 18 in his class, 76th of 172.

Not a bad showing at all considering.

Oooh, someone posted a couple of pics... In the first one, check out that right hand guard.

Last edited by Sxy Rdr; 04-13-2015, 08:34 AM.
              Helen

Comment

• There are several coaches I'd send Mrs. HH to. If she decides to ever do it, I won't be within 20 miles of the range that weekend.

Teacher/student doesn't work at all for us (unless it's that little plaid skirt uniform she recently got & she has to stay late for detention).
                My boss said to dress for the job I want, not the one I have.

Now, I'm waiting for my meeting with H.R. about my blue tights and cape.
                FML

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Trials View Post
                  There is an old saying, I forgot who said it:
                  You can teach your girlfriend to ride a motorcycle, but not your wife.
                  Back when I took the BRC, one of my classmates was a woman whose husband had taken the course the weekend before. They wisely chose not to take the course together. They did, however, plan to share the Honda Shadow 600 they recently purchased. I wonder how long *that* lasted.
                  '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
                  '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor TRADED IN
                  '17 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT - Phantom

"I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Lezbert View Post
                    Back when I took the BRC, one of my classmates was a woman whose husband had taken the course the weekend before. They wisely chose not to take the course together. They did, however, plan to share the Honda Shadow 600 they recently purchased. I wonder how long *that* lasted.
                    the bike or the marriage?

Comment

• Depends on the stress level involved, but if there's something like a license waiver at stake, LL and I better be miles apart. Regardless of who is the student and who is the instructor.

Originally posted by Prof._HH View Post
                      There are several coaches I'd send Mrs. HH to. If she decides to ever do it, I won't be within 20 miles of the range that weekend.

Teacher/student doesn't work at all for us (unless it's that little plaid skirt uniform she recently got & she has to stay late for detention).
                      Ohhh myyyyyyyyy! (Where's that George Takei smilie when I need it?!)
                      Chaz

"In terms of improving one’s mood and general outlook I consider the ukulele to be the big gun." - Loudon Wainwright III

'16 S1000XR "Raquel" - Red, the "energetic and quick-thinking" color!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trials View Post
                        the bike or the marriage?
                        LOL!! Actually, I'll go with the single bike plan. If they were wise enough to take the BRC separately, I think they'll figure out quickly that two bikes are better than one.
                        '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
                        '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor TRADED IN
                        '17 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT - Phantom

"I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

Comment

• I told my 16YO that I will gladly go to the BRC with him, but no way will I be in his section for practicals. He was alternately relieved and flustered. He likes being able to check with me, but otherwise doesn't want me around. Can't have both, honey.

I must say that my riding lessons in Germany did help me a lot with being able to teach the kid to drive. I really was able to learn for the instruction process. Makes driving lessons with the sons a lot less painful.
                          Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
                          2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

• It actually worked out much better than I expected, I had to coach her very little and most of the time it was either "How did that work out for you?" or "What happened there? What will you do different next time?" She was very in tune with what she was doing and was able to identify the errors she made and correct them. I also gave her quite a few 'back of the hand nuder my chin" signals to get her head up. I guess it wasn't enough as the SC said she looked down at the cones in the 135 degree turn for the eval.

After we got home Sunday evening she told me "You, know, you are very good at doing that!"

One other thing that the other RCs may appreciate. I think i mentioned we had some RCC shadows there for the weekend. On Sunday one of the RCTs was at the range to check in with the RCCs. So I introduced my wife to the RCT. I said "Andrea, this is my wife Gina, Gina this is Andrea." My wife said "It is nice to meet you Andrea, Keith has mentioned you quite a few times." Andrea responded, "Oh, really, what did he have to say about me?" My wife didn't skip a beat and said "What do YOU think he said about you?" The other RC and our SC shot the water they were drinking out their noses!
                            Keith

'11 Triumph Sprint GT - Blue (The fastest color)
                            '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 - Blue (The fastest color)

Originally posted by atomicalex
                            It feeds my love of machinery to be that close with my whole body.

Comment

• BTW, Does anyone know where Bugguts is? I sure do miss the old dear. That and whoever is making the Bugjuice doesn't quite have the recipe right.

Come home soon Bugs!
                              Keith

'11 Triumph Sprint GT - Blue (The fastest color)
                              '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 - Blue (The fastest color)

Originally posted by atomicalex
                              It feeds my love of machinery to be that close with my whole body.

Comment

1. After we got home Sunday evening she told me "You, know, you are very good at doing that!"

2. "My wife said "It is nice to meet you Andrea, Keith has mentioned you quite a few times." Andrea responded, "Oh, really, what did he have to say about me?" My wife didn't skip a beat and said "What do YOU think he said about you?" The other RC and our SC shot the water they were drinking out their noses!
                                1. Nice KCP !
                                2. Figures

Originally posted by KACinPA View Post
                                BTW, Does anyone know where Bugguts is? I sure do miss the old dear. That and whoever is making the Bugjuice doesn't quite have the recipe right.
                                Come home soon Bugs!
                                Yes, and I did mention it a couple of times, too.
                                Norty told me that she has no computer at home, and comes on the BB when she's at work.
                                Maybe she's in vacation ?

I do hope everything is well for her though !

***Bar refills, new try out of the Buggjuice (the cooler is empty)***
                                Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

Working...
                                X