Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning BBO, sunshine here today, still a bit chilly to ride, but later.

And this, this morning 200 yards from our house ((Reebok) - watch out guys, there are very nervous for the moment, it's baby time !) :

(sorry about the finger )
    Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

• wildlife

I'm glad you said that is your finger, I thought the poor little fellas were running away from a tornado!

Originally posted by Ninja Rebel View Post

(sorry about the finger )

Morning all I'm in a good mood, Mrs.Trials gives great haircuts first thing in the morning

Comment

• Good Morning!

Set my alarm wrong for this morning, so I woke up too late to make it to church. Luckily I was not scheduled as a teacher for this week's lesson in Sunday School!

Had a nice leisurely breakfast with the Mrs and now I need to go shower, get dressed, make lunch and head out to coach a BRC.

In an odd coincidence there are four RCs that coach where I do that have Type 1 (insulin dependent) diabetes. One of them was coaching the AM section yesterday and I hadn't seen here since our workshop in February. After exchanging greetings and hugs we got to talking and we both said, at the same time, "I have to show you something!" It turns out we both got set up with the exact same insulin pump and continuous monitor system within a week of each other! Odd coincidence!
        Keith

'11 Triumph Sprint GT - Blue (The fastest color)
        '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 - Blue (The fastest color)

Originally posted by atomicalex
        It feeds my love of machinery to be that close with my whole body.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trials View Post
          I'm glad you said that is your finger, I thought the poor little fellas were running away from a tornado!
          Morning all I'm in a good mood, Mrs.Trials gives great haircuts first thing in the morning

Those little fellas (like you said) will do some major damage to your 2-wheeler if they ever jump in front of you as you are passing by...
          Got mine done also yesterday !

Originally posted by KACinPA View Post
          Good Morning!
          we both said, at the same time, "I have to show you something!" It turns out we both got set up with the exact same insulin pump and continuous monitor system within a week of each other! Odd coincidence!
          Here, they say "Moin" KCP !
          Yes, it is odd sometimes what turns out which you would have never expected...the world, and "life" (as Trials said yesterday) is great...
          How are you doing with your diabetes KCP ? Patience hey ?
          When for a 2 hours ride today, the wind was a bit of a pain, they announce a great "biking" week

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

Comment

• Cleaned a bit the garden (the entrance) :

And the first bush to flower is always the "Forsythia" :

Comment

• Softball games rained out today, which is fine for me. I've had a killer headache since yesterday. After the rainout notice, I went back to sleep until noon. I still hurt, but I hope the meds kick in soon.
              '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
              '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor TRADED IN
              '17 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT - Phantom

"I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

Comment

• Have the flu, so much for getting flu shots, not sure may go for them next year? I'm pretty sure got the bug visiting people in the hospital not positive.
                Usually takes me two weeks to recover yuuuuk.......continue.
                2004 Sportster sold
                2009 Yamaha Vstar--sold
                Sears putt put 109cc-- sold
                1965 Yamaha 80 cc--sold
                2016 T100 Bonny

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninja Rebel View Post
                  Cleaned a bit the garden (the entrance) :

And the first bush to flower is always the "Forsythia" :
                  You're ahead of us. Forsythias aren't blooming around here yet!

Mid 60's today. Perfect riding weather!!
                  Originally posted by Lezbert
                  * Passhole -- Aggressive driver who stops at nothing just to get in front of you, saving him/herself a whopping 10 seconds.
                  -2000 Road King Classic with lots of sentimental value
                  -M.I.T.G.C. #72

Comment

• Unless it's your weekend to get the yard going. Which was the case for me. But it's larrgely done and we cN take a nice break from yardwork for a few weeks now!
                    Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
                    2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

• The hydroponic strawberry towers are set up. I saved 23 plants from last year by storing the on the porch in a box of perlite with some nutrient solution. That gets one tower, the other is loaded with some Seascape that Burpee sent way too early. They showed up about 3 weeks ago.

Dave

Comment

• It was beautiful out today. A perfect day for riding, but I spent it walking around a parking lot watching people try to ride motorcycles.

10 people in the class (including my wife!) all but one passed. The one who failed to pass went out in spectacular fashion locking their front brake on the quick stop evaluation sending him to the ground and the bike spinning away. Bike and rider were fine, except for a severely bruised ego.

As is usual for me, the first bright sunny day on the range and I forgot sunscreen. I am truly a Redneck now! My riding jacket hurt like hell on the back of my neck on the ride home!

Almost time for Game of Thrones...So have a great night!
                        Keith

Comment

• Originally posted by KACinPA View Post
                          It was beautiful out today. A perfect day for riding
                          Yes, yes it was! Got 60 miles in today, 14 of 'em on divided highway as part of my plan to advance my skill set and get experience riding on the highway.
                          * Passhole -- Aggressive driver who stops at nothing just to get in front of you, saving him/herself a whopping 10 seconds.
                          -M.I.T.G.C. #72

Comment

10 people in the class (including my wife!) all but one passed. The one who failed to pass went out in spectacular fashion locking their front brake on the quick stop evaluation sending him to the ground and the bike spinning away. Bike and rider were fine, except for a severely bruised ego.
                            New rider in the family?! Hopefully she wasn't the the student that didn't pass.
                            -M.I.T.G.C. #72

Comment

Almost time for Game of Thrones...So have a great night!
                              You'd be my son's friend KCP, but it is so brutal !?

Originally posted by AlwaysLearnin View Post
                              Yes, yes it was! Got 60 miles in today, 14 of 'em on divided highway as part of my plan to advance my skill set and get experience riding on the highway.
                              Way to go AL !
                              It is now 8:40 a.m., full blue sky and a bit chilly, no matter, I am goin' for a ride...to the fitness club...

***Bar cleaning & refill*** - Are we getting our Buggs back this week ? (I'm tired )

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysLearnin View Post
                                New rider in the family?! Hopefully she wasn't the the student that didn't pass.
                                She did not crash! Actually she already passed a BRC 3 years ago but never got out riding, so she did it to refresh her skills. She was doing the box perfectly from the first time in exercise 10, but put a foot down and crossed a boundary line for 6 points she had no points in the swerve and braking then picked up 7 points in the curve for speed and looking down.

It was a challenge coaching her as she is head strong and doesn't really take advice from me very well. Luckily I was with a female RC on the range and we made sure she did the majority of dealing with Gina.
                                Keith

Comment

Working...
                                X