Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It was a joke. From the guy who rides over obstacles.
    My two wheels:
    1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
    2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

    Comment


    • Because putting up airbags around the entire course might be too expensive.
      Chad Wilson

      1984 Honda Shadow VT700c

      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Trials View Post
        :I can think of some pretty German motorcycles:



        … k, I'm going to start this thing,
        everybody hold your ears, they tend to be loud eh

        omg where is the kick starter

        Now I remember why I bought a Montesa
        Would that be an "AW 440"? Named after a factory Maico rider Adolf Weil? That thing might be "unpleasant" to kick over. About 3 times harder that a 250 two stroke race bike. Maybe 5 times harder. Sure is a thing of beauty though.

        EDIT~ Looks pretty much stock, except for the chain guide.

        Forward mounted shocks, looks to be circa 1976 or so.
        Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

        Comment


        • When we got home our little baby girl didn't remember us. When she was handed to me to hold... she put her arm across her face and was close to tears. I was closer ...

          But ... one vanilla pudding and she and I have rebonded ...

          as far as Gigi is concerned ... see below ...





          The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by NORTY View Post
            That thing might be "unpleasant" to kick over. About 3 times harder that a 250 two stroke race bike. Maybe 5 times harder.
            Or have what we call in French "the return of the kick" if you leave the foot on and get a compression feed-back ! Has broken ankles that I can think of...

            Originally posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
            When we got home our little baby girl didn't remember us. When she was handed to me to hold... she put her arm across her face and was close to tears. I was closer ...
            But ... one vanilla pudding and she and I have rebonded ...
            as far as Gigi is concerned ... see below ...
            That's beautiful OBX, gorgeous, thanks for the share !
            Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

            "Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

            "I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

            Comment


            • That's one cute picture. Love it!
              Originally posted by Lezbert
              * Passhole -- Aggressive driver who stops at nothing just to get in front of you, saving him/herself a whopping 10 seconds.
              -2000 Road King Classic with lots of sentimental value
              -M.I.T.G.C. #72

              Comment


              • So, I checked messages last night and saw I had a message from a salesguy at Gulf Coast BMW, which is where I got Eyegor and where I get maintenance done. The guy said, "I got a message from BMW saying you're interested in a bike. I just need to know which one, and I'll give you the details." Thing is? I never contacted them or BMW, and I'm not interested in a new bike at this time. I have no idea what he's talking about. WTF?
                '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
                '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor TRADED IN
                '17 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT - Phantom

                "I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

                Comment


                • When my car thing was still in the works and I wanted to explore other options, I sent an online request for more info to a dealership in Baltimore. We talked on the phone after that, I moved on after deciding that I didn't want to own a car for which the closest dealer support was 2 hours away in a city I'm not fond of, and months later, I got an email from that sales guy "returning my call."

                  I think it's just a sales tactic. They cold call previous customers when things are slow.
                  My two wheels:
                  1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                  2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
                    When my car thing was still in the works and I wanted to explore other options, I sent an online request for more info to a dealership in Baltimore. We talked on the phone after that, I moved on after deciding that I didn't want to own a car for which the closest dealer support was 2 hours away in a city I'm not fond of, and months later, I got an email from that sales guy "returning my call."

                    I think it's just a sales tactic. They cold call previous customers when things are slow.
                    It's been 2.5 years. They're a small dealership, and this is a new guy. That's a *very* cold cold call. If that's what it was, I hate that he said it was a lead from BMW. I don't like sales guys who lie. The guy who sole Eyegor to me is still there, so I'd call him first if I was looking at something in their inventory.
                    '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
                    '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor TRADED IN
                    '17 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT - Phantom

                    "I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
                      When my car thing was still in the works and I wanted to explore other options, I sent an online request for more info to a dealership in Baltimore. We talked on the phone after that, I moved on after deciding that I didn't want to own a car for which the closest dealer support was 2 hours away in a city I'm not fond of, and months later, I got an email from that sales guy "returning my call."

                      I think it's just a sales tactic. They cold call previous customers when things are slow.
                      I agree, database...

                      Originally posted by Lezbert View Post
                      That's a *very* cold cold call. If that's what it was, I hate that he said it was a lead from BMW. I don't like sales guys who lie. The guy who sole Eyegor to me is still there, so I'd call him first if I was looking at something in their inventory.
                      He's trying to steal you from his colleague ! Should be fired if it's the case !
                      Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

                      "Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

                      "I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

                      Comment


                      • Uh huh, shady. Your guy might want to know what his new coworker is up to, should you decide you care enough.
                        My two wheels:
                        1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                        2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

                        Comment


                        • That's the thing. I totally would have been OK with the guy saying, "I'm following up with some of our customers to introduce myself and see if you're in the market." But he said that he was following up on a lead that *I* allegedly set in motion by allegedly expressing an interest in a bike. Either it was a mistake or a lie. Either way? I'd stick with the salesguy I initially dealt with.
                          '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
                          '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor TRADED IN
                          '17 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT - Phantom

                          "I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Lezbert View Post
                            That's the thing. I totally would have been OK with the guy saying, "I'm following up with some of our customers to introduce myself and see if you're in the market." But he said that he was following up on a lead that *I* allegedly set in motion by allegedly expressing an interest in a bike. Either it was a mistake or a lie. Either way? I'd stick with the salesguy I initially dealt with.
                            Lez, do that !
                            You know, I was International Sales Manager for several years, and I can tell you, a Sales who would act like that would immediately get a registered letter from me with a warning !
                            Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

                            "Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

                            "I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

                            Comment


                            • I'm in Boise, ID. The ride up towards Lake Cascade yesterday was beautiful and great. Got a bit chilly, though. I rode past lots of snow piles. Sweepers for the bottom half and twisties for the top.
                              The cost of a motorcycle is merely a down payment on farkles.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by atonic View Post
                                I'm in Boise, ID. The ride up towards Lake Cascade yesterday was beautiful and great. Got a bit chilly, though. I rode past lots of snow piles. Sweepers for the bottom half and twisties for the top.
                                Sounds awesome atonic !
                                Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

                                "Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

                                "I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X