Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll have the vegan sauce, please
    If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be. -Maya Angelou

Comment

• I've far less experience with German motorcycles (I do own one) than German helicopters ... but I know when there was an unfixable problem they tended to refer to the problem as a "feature" ... One of the "features was in a tight left bank the aircraft would not climb nor pitch up. Only after this feature played a role in killing one of their test pilots did they admit the problem ... or er "feature" existed...

There were a few other things like that that the Germans were in total denial existed including a severe rotor pounding during maneuvers near Velocity Never Exceed that perfectly fit the description of retreating blade stall ... that they insisted wasn't blade stall but wouldn't say what it was ...

Still the Messerschmitt BK-117 was one of only a couple of helicopters I would be willing to fly real aerobatics in ...
      The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Comment

• Volkswagens.... I love them.
        Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
        2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

• :I can think of some pretty German motorcycles:

… k, I'm going to start this thing,
          everybody hold your ears, they tend to be loud eh

omg where is the kick starter

Now I remember why I bought a Montesa

Comment

• Originally posted by Trials View Post
            so you Did read the BMW manual
            Oh Yeah!!!

I don't deny it's like drinking Kool-aid. But I LIKE Kool-aid!
            Chaz

"In terms of improving one’s mood and general outlook I consider the ukulele to be the big gun." - Loudon Wainwright III

'16 S1000XR "Raquel" - Red, the "energetic and quick-thinking" color!

Comment

• What the heck, it's a conspiracy! … don't they know das kickstart has to be on the right side?

Comment

• Must be a German rider:

Comment

• Well, I got home wet and pissed off tonight.

Was supposed to coach the first Range session of a BRC tonight. We get the parking lot at the local Tech School at 5:30pm for a 6:00 PM class start.

#1, The School sent us an email around noon time that the lights for the lot are out and they can't figure out why. So we will now have to end the session at sundown rather than 8:30.

#2 at 5:30 this is what the range looks like:

Do you see a problem there?

Went down to the school office, they have no clue. Call the local police and they run the plates and give the info to the school office. Turns out the cars belong to students of the school who are in Hershey, PA on a field trip! One's parent had a spare set of keys and could come "Around 9:00pm or so." The other? The kid has the only set of keys with her in Hershey. The school isn't permitted by the district to tow the cars, so we had to cancel after 2 hours standing in the rain. The students were PISSED.
                  Keith

'11 Triumph Sprint GT - Blue (The fastest color)
                  '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 - Blue (The fastest color)

Originally posted by atomicalex
                  It feeds my love of machinery to be that close with my whole body.

Comment

• Well, KAC, since there doesn't seem to be a bartender on duty recently, let me pour you a warm, mulled, bugjuice.

****Gets to work behind bar and hands KAC mulled bugjuice****

That should take the chill off. So, when's the make-up class?
                    Originally posted by Lezbert
                    * Passhole -- Aggressive driver who stops at nothing just to get in front of you, saving him/herself a whopping 10 seconds.
                    -2000 Road King Classic with lots of sentimental value
                    -M.I.T.G.C. #72

Comment

• Originally posted by guitardad View Post
                      Favorite quote of the day: "German FMEAs are the rarest documents in the world." BMW riders will understand. I'll drink to that! Buggs, a double, please!
                      She ain't here man !

Originally posted by Trials View Post
                      so you Did read the BMW manual
                      I never RFM...

Originally posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
                      Still the Messerschmitt BK-117 was one of only a couple of helicopters I would be willing to fly real aerobatics in ...
                      You fly Copters OBX, how cool !
                      If I could do my life over, I would try to be a helicopter pilot.
                      In Arizona, at Prescott, where I lived, there was a very well known school for that, can't remember the name of it, you know it ?

Originally posted by atomicalex View Post
                      Volkswagens.... I love them.
                      Depends which.
                      They have become very expensive. Got my mechanic friend who just bought a second-hand last generation GOLF GTD full option, 185 HP's...paid over $ 35 K
                      He even has a speaker in the car to better listen to the sound the muffler is doing !

Originally posted by Trials View Post
                      :I can think of some pretty German motorcycles:

That's a lovely bike Trials...
                      ...hey, got another one for you, one of my first one (see told ya I did a bit of "trial") :

I blew-up the engine because I rode it like if it was an Enduro, and per definition a trial bike is not supposed to do what you would with this one :

Flipped it over once, missed my wheelie (think must have been my third bike, I was 17...only riding it in farmer's fields...)

Originally posted by AlwaysLearnin View Post
                      Well, KAC, since there doesn't seem to be a bartender on duty recently, let me pour you a warm, mulled, bugjuice.
                      That should take the chill off. So, when's the make-up class?
                      Really, service is not what it used to be !
                      Where are you Buggs ?

Hey AL, she told me that you don't need no make-up dude !
                      Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

• **** Bar refilled and cleaned" !
                        Fortunately, Buggs had stashed some Buggjuice in the main cold storage room (I dunno the recipe...), so the stuff is at your disposal...
                        Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

• Originally posted by KACinPA View Post

Do you see a problem there?

They left you Riding obstacles

:I don't see he problem did they park them too far apart?

Comment

• "Any Instructor who conducts any exercise with an obstruction on the designated range or within the designated run-off area is subject to immediate termination."

Yeah, I didn't see those cars on the RETSORG range diagram!
                            Keith

'11 Triumph Sprint GT - Blue (The fastest color)
                            '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 - Blue (The fastest color)

Originally posted by atomicalex
                            It feeds my love of machinery to be that close with my whole body.

Comment

• Originally posted by KACinPA View Post
                              "Any Instructor who conducts any exercise with an obstruction on the designated range or within the designated run-off area is subject to immediate termination."
                              Well that's a pretty crummy rule :/ somebody wasn't thinking outside the box when they came up with that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trials View Post
                                Well that's a pretty crummy rule :/ somebody wasn't thinking outside the box when they came up with that one.
                                What's so crummy about it? Student safety is paramount.
                                Helen

Comment

Working...
                                X