Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is our beloved "Doyen" ?

Hope you all had a nice Easter vacation/rest/family time ?
    I had to work both Sunday & Eastern Monday, but I don't care, I ain't no church fan (even if I respect it), I don't do Catholic festivities except for Christmas.

Weather is looking better & better over here, cloudy today, but the temperatures are slowly rising (+ 68°F end of this week) so there is going to be some muscle biking, getting back fit, and I don't work next w.e.
    Have a good one !
    Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

• Snow is almost gone
      Glad I got some riding in over the winter,
      :I is in terrible shape
      :/ need to ride more.

Comment

• I rode my bike to church on Easter Sunday!

The reason I did was I had to be there for both services and we are down to one car for a few days.

On Thursday night my wife's car went belly-up. HORRENDOUS noise which I though sounded like valves, assuming the timing belt skipped a few teeth. Unfortunately, our mechanic took off Good Friday, so he didn't get to look at the car until yesterday. I did look up some stuff on the Interwebz and found that the engine in her car has a timing CHAIN for the cams, not a belt, so I was planning for the worse.

We got good news yesterday after it got looked at. The noise was from bad bearings in the alternator! Apparently "They do this." This engine is in the Dodge Claiber, Dodge Caravan and Jeep Compass as well as some other vehicles. Apparently Mitsubishi Electric, who makes the alternator, under-engineered the bearings in the alternators on these cars and they are prone to failure. The mechanic said the alternator shaft was metal-on-metal front and back and was shooting sparks! Sadly the AC system has to be evacuated and the compressor removed to get at the alternator, so it is going to cost about $100.00 for the new alternator and $600.00 in labor!
        Keith

'11 Triumph Sprint GT - Blue (The fastest color)
        '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 - Blue (The fastest color)

Originally posted by atomicalex
        It feeds my love of machinery to be that close with my whole body.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trials View Post
          :I is in terrible shape
          :/ need to ride more.
          Same here bud, raining now, tires and man not able, not today

Originally posted by KACinPA View Post
          Sadly the AC system has to be evacuated and the compressor removed to get at the alternator, so it is going to cost about $100.00 for the new alternator and $600.00 in labor!
          Wholly shite KCP, tough call man ! Sucks, for sure...
          Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

• I rode a few miles on the mountain bike wif my sons .. preparing for track school followed by another trackday in 2 weeks. Left knee is giving me fits. All the offroad riding have my legs in ok shape ..

Also been asked by three people in the past week about the best way to start riding .. and referred all three to BRC as a win/win deal ...
            The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Comment

• My son Donovan was on his way home from work last night when he turned onto our road and saw a set of motorcycle headlights in the ditch to his right, facing him. He also saw a gory streak on the pavement and a body in the road. Gut wrench moment... he thought he was going to be "responding" to his first fatality.

The streak/body turned out to be a decent sized dog.

Donovan went up to the rider to check on him and it's a guy he knows (small world).

It was dark/cloudy at the time. Dark colored dog was having a feast on a deer carcass on the side of the road. Just before he got to the dog, rider saw the dog turn towards the road (reflective eyes) and started hard braking, but not enough to avoid the collision when the dog jumped in front of the bike. (Speed limit is 50 mph, traffic is normally at 55-60 through there.) Rider and passenger were in jeans and mesh, no gloves, not sure about helmets (other than we have a helmet law so they were wearing something) but their heads didn't hit the ground. Donovan said there were pieces of clothing along the crash site. Both have road rash, the worst of it being on the passenger's hands. You know that instinctual act of putting your hands out to catch yourself when you fall?

The irony? He's fire/rescue, she's a paramedic. You'd think they'd know/understand the importance of PPE. I know I know... we all know that Respiratory Therapist who smokes.

Even worse? It was a brand new Harley. The couple had only made 3 payments on it. Donovan said it was in pretty bad shape, but I know some Harleys crash well so who knows if it'll be totaled out or not... Sounds like front wheel hit/went over the dog and then it was caught between front wheel and engine ( causing the streak). By this time, bike was crashing so it cleared the body and slid/flipped into the ditch.
              Helen

Comment

• Hodaka

Norty, check it out

yours for only 1450$
                they won't last long at this price.

:/ whats with those coil bound rear springs … may have been piloted by a rotund rider
                Last edited by Trials; 04-07-2015, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• I need good luck bugjuice. The Comcast tech is coming by tomorrow. I took off work for the occasion.
                  My two wheels:
                  1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                  2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• Home from San Antonio. Back to chilly Detroit. It was a lovely trip, we really enjoyed seeing the missions and learning about the founding of Texas.
                    Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
                    2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

• San Antonio Palopo it looks like it's shy on amenities but has some good riding terrain on the outskirts of town

… no wait, you said Texas … that place is flat

Comment

• Superb specimen of the Ace 100!

That photo brings a tear to my eye.

If memory serves, "H" made a 250cc called the "ThunderXXX" Thunderdog?

It's so much more fun to not "google" something trivial, but to recall it from your very own noodle...
                        Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Comment

• Favorite quote of the day: "German FMEAs are the rarest documents in the world." BMW riders will understand. I'll drink to that! Buggs, a double, please!
                          Chaz

"In terms of improving one’s mood and general outlook I consider the ukulele to be the big gun." - Loudon Wainwright III

'16 S1000XR "Raquel" - Red, the "energetic and quick-thinking" color!

Comment

• Originally posted by guitardad View Post
                            Favorite quote of the day: "German FMEAs are the rarest documents in the world." BMW riders will understand. I'll drink to that! Buggs, a double, please!
                            BMW's don't have failure modes Chaz... Everyone knows that!
                            Rain or Shine 8 - May 20-22, 2016 - Monterey, TN

No matter what goes to hell, always rise from the ashes, stronger.

Comment

• Originally posted by twizted1 View Post
                              BMW's don't have failure modes Chaz... Everyone knows that!
                              Precisely! If something fails, it's because I was riding it incorrectly!
                              Chaz

"In terms of improving one’s mood and general outlook I consider the ukulele to be the big gun." - Loudon Wainwright III

'16 S1000XR "Raquel" - Red, the "energetic and quick-thinking" color!

Comment

• so you Did read the BMW manual

Spagetti & Meatballs is ready, if anybody's hungry
                                … :I still gotta build a caesar salad

Comment

Working...
                                X