Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
    The filling I broke grinding my teeth is fixed. Now let's hope I've stopped grinding my teeth.
    You know OC, my wife, she wears a tooth brace at night ! Since ever...
    Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Comment

• Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
      The filling I broke grinding my teeth is fixed. Now let's hope I've stopped grinding my teeth.

If anyone had connectivity issues with a chromecast using comcast's cisco router and successfully found a work around, please let me know. I did get amin access to the router late last night, and I swear I changed the settings a billion times, but no luck with the chromecast. Upnp is active. The last thing I can find said that the router was not compatible with chromecast, but that the next firmware update should fix it, and then, mysteriously, nothing. I'm beginning to become a conspiracy theorist here - comcast is content to distribute equipment that interferes with the use of third party hardware that people use to stream content from Comcast's largest competitors. All I want to do is cast my knitting patterns to my tv. :/
      It could be a valid conspiricacy theory. Last week I reached out to our, mostly incompetent, IT department about the fact that I could no longer connect to our VPN and therefore no longer reach any of our shares. The first question asked was "do you have one if those Comcast routers?". Which I did not, so he couldn't use it as an excuse to not work on my issue. But, my point is, apparently a lot people are having issues with the Comcast routers. Or at least blaming problems on them.
      SHONUFF

What I ride
      '06 GL1800 - Overgrown sport bike!

Previous Bikes
      '01 Yamaha YZF600R
      '09 Royal Star Venture (7500 miles)
      '06 YAMAHA FZ6 (10,000 miles)
      '07 KAWASAKI EX250-NINJETTE (6500 miles)
      '05 YAMAHA ROADSTAR MIDNIGHT SILVERADO XV1700 (65,000 miles)
      '06 HONDA AERO 750 (12,000 miles)

God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal, John Moses Browning made some legends, and Eugene Stoner made some more awesomer than others. - various

Comment

• I have it here now. My landlord agreed that I should have it. Chromecast works when it can be right next to the router. I did a test with the tv across the room, about 30' away, and no dice. The problem may have been the weak antenna in the chromecast all along, though the router got a reset after all my fiddling with it last night when I moved it, so it could be that too. Unfortunately, I noticed when I hooked it up that one of the little caps for the voip phone hookup is missing - they might use it for phone service too and she wouldn't know that no router = no phone.

I found out today that the old Verizon network was a MoCA. The Verizon branded adapter is still up there. that's now the plan for Internet access up there, assuming they don't need the router back for phone. And if they do? We put it in the hall between apartments and both work off a MoCA adapter with me having my own router.

Productive day. And my tooth doesn't even hurt. I was hoping they could pick out the broken filling, but it had to be drilled.
        My two wheels:
        1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
        2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• Going to the local Harley store tomorrow...
          Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by NORTY View Post
            Going to the local Harley store tomorrow...
            Going to the Dark Side are you Norty ?

Good morning to you all, coolish ~ 48°F but no wind, and the sun's appointed to shine. Gotta ride today, tomorrow & Monday bloody work !
            Ya all have a good one !

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

Comment

• good morning all. Been fighting a virus for a week now. Finally got some antibiotics and cough syrup with codeine. I feel better already.

Norty's been dark side for 20 years. Fortunately he has a fun side that lets him play with other fun toys like dirt bikes, sport bikes, etc.
              ~Teri
              Originally posted by Bugguts
              Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
              2013 Triumph Tiger 800
              2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
              2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal LabRat View Post
                good morning all. Been fighting a virus for a week now. Finally got some antibiotics and cough syrup with codeine. I feel better already.

Norty's been dark side for 20 years. Fortunately he has a fun side that lets him play with other fun toys like dirt bikes, sport bikes, etc.
                Get better !
                Norty : LOL !

Anybody heard of Buggs, I am worried !
                Gotta go, Tschüss !

Comment

• Good bye Phoenix. Look out Utah, here I come.
                  The cost of a motorcycle is merely a down payment on farkles.

Comment

• Safe travels, John!
                    CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
                    PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
                    Test riding bikes since 2004.
                    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Enjoy and safe travels John.
                      Thanks again for dinner, was nice to meet you.
                      Have you hugged your bear today?
                      Erna's Hope will live on in her memory
                      http://ernashope.org/

sigpic

Comment

• WTF Kentucky!?!?!?
                        SHONUFF

What I ride

Previous Bikes
                        '01 Yamaha YZF600R

God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal, John Moses Browning made some legends, and Eugene Stoner made some more awesomer than others. - various

Comment

• Originally posted by shonuff View Post
                          WTF Kentucky!?!?!?
                          WTF Refs?!?!?!
                          The cost of a motorcycle is merely a down payment on farkles.

Comment

• Originally posted by atonic View Post
                            WTF Refs?!?!?!
                            This........!
                            2009 Kawi Vulcan 500 LTD- Woodrow

Comment

• Originally posted by atonic View Post
                              WTF Refs?!?!?!
                              Originally posted by stevekozak View Post
                              This........!

Yeah, but UK played like @$$ all night. I can't decide if they thought they should have just been given the spot in the final because they're kentucky, or if they just didn't want to face Duke in the final again. Either way, definitely wasn't the team we've seen all year. And then of course Andrew Harrison deciding to act like a baby.
                              SHONUFF

What I ride

Previous Bikes
                              '01 Yamaha YZF600R

Comment

• Gigi and I are going to a late lunch with my ex and her husband. Reckon Charles and I will be in our usual sloppy dress and Gigi and Linda will be dressed and made up to kill ...
                                The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Comment

Working...
                                X