Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KACinPA View Post
    ... zero mechanical knowledge, but a strong desire to help others.
    The worst kind of people.
    My two wheels:
    1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
    2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• I did appreciate the note.

I likely would have seen it before riding off with my perfunctory T-CLOCS check as it was dead center in the tread and at 3:00 on the circumference as viewed from the left of the bike, but the "Heads Up" was appreciated. The pulling out the screw, not so much.
      Keith

'11 Triumph Sprint GT - Blue (The fastest color)
      '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 - Blue (The fastest color)

Originally posted by atomicalex
      It feeds my love of machinery to be that close with my whole body.

Comment

• Originally posted by KACinPA View Post
        It was even funnier than that. She made a little "Band-Aid" with a folded up piece of napkin and an "X" of scotch tape!
        Well, that negates my initial "Maybe she was just trying to mark where the hole was?" thought...
        Helen

Comment

• Two silver linings in this story;
          Originally posted by KACinPA View Post
          1.I was going to replace it in a month or so anyway but not today!

2.I missed the meeting.
          And honestly, possibly a third. In your hurry to get back for that meeting, you may have missed the screw in your TCLOCs. You may have made it back to work and got a flat as you were riding home. So...bless her for the note...the "flatter sooner" aspect may have been a godsend.
          Originally posted by bikebitsmall
          64 is not old, we have one poster here at 110
          Originally posted by CaptCrash
          A body not rattling was a body unsure.

Comment

• The third silver lining was that he got to spend a little extra time with the wifey!
            Helen

Comment

• Yep!!!! Smoochin' time with the wife beats a meeting hands down.

Comment

• Ok... I just saw this on my FB newsfeed (paraphrased)...

Someone's pissed that someone else didn't stop driving down the street when they saw kids were playing in the street. And this someone else also lives on that same street. So this someone thinks she needs to go punch the someone else for endangering her kids.

I totally wanted to respond with "Why were your kids playing in the street in the first place?" (The kids are like 6 and 4, if it matters. And she has a huge back yard.)
                Helen

Comment

• That never fails to confound me. We have people like that in our neighborhood, too.
                  Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
                  2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

• Now... I'll be honest... my kids played in the street when we lived in our town house. But that was because we lived at the closed end of the cul-de-sac and no town house has a back yard big enough to contain 2 young boys. And *if* someone was driving towards our end, I told the boys to get out of the way.
                    Helen

Comment

• I don't stop the car for free range road sproggen. They'll move.
                      My two wheels:
                      1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                      2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
                        I don't stop the car for free range road sproggen. They'll move.
                        Apparently, in Detroit you shouldn't stop.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/07/justic...driver-attack/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugguts View Post
                          Yep!!!! Smoochin' time with the wife beats a meeting hands down.
                          Sadly there was no smooching time. My wife is being "Nanny" for our 3 month old Grandson and this is the first week of this arrangement. She was out getting some last minute shopping done because we are leaving right after work to Drive 3 hours to our other Daughter's place for our other Grandson's first birthday. She had my 20yo son with her who was "helping" with the baby and shopping. She was not so damned please to have to come rescue me! And the baby cried the whole time! So smooching, not so much!

Anyway, the dealer just called and my bike is done, nice new Pirelli Angel GT on the back and I got them to grease the rear wheel bearings so I don't have to for my 12K service that I am planning to get done soon!
                          Keith

Comment

• I'm thinkin' you need to grease your way back into the wifes good graces...sounds like she had her hands full!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdoorn14 View Post
                              Apparently, in Detroit you shouldn't stop.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/07/justic...driver-attack/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Applause to that woman that stopped that attack. Poor guy is in a medically induced coma. One woman. A hundred people watching. One woman stopped them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugguts View Post
                                Applause to that woman that stopped that attack. Poor guy is in a medically induced coma. One woman. A hundred people watching. One woman stopped them.
                                It just goes to show that all it takes is one good woman to set things straight!
                                Keith

Comment

Working...
                                X