Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, I'm just glad to be out of the car! My fractured L2 vertebra was killing me. Meh...my old wrestling coach would just opine that "it's a long way from your heart..., quit your bitchin..." . I figure by tomorrow I'll be able to go to the range and punch holes in paper. And by February I ought to be able to snowboard again.

And how bout them Redskins...
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Comment

• What!?

I knew you were injured but for some reason I thought you broke a leg. And nature has been kind enough to equip us with a spare one of those. Vertebrae, notsomuch.

Heal up fast.
      My two wheels:
      1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
      2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• Thanks OC. Disappointed I had to miss the last coupla days of snowboarding on my trip...and postpone my next...but I've reduced my dose of prescription medicine (Percoset) by 2/3 except for the dose I take going t bed which is down 1/3 and will throw most of the Oxycodone away that the doc gave me for the car ride home. I appreciate the docs intentions but I did enough weird stuff as a kid. Hopefully by the end of ths week will just be taking across the counter stuff.

My doc told me at my age I should plan on 8 weeks instead of 6 bfor complete bone healing which I guess makes sense. They make padded shorts for off-road riding and I'll probably just use them for snowboarding. I do not want a repeat of this event...it hurt! The worst was when I would roll over in my sleep and there would be pain like getting stabbed and I would awaken mid scream and immediately stifle the scream because I would not want to alarm Gigi...which hearing the scream cut off mid-yelp would be even more alarmed...Woman's a saint for putting up with me...

The magic words from the doc was "no permanent damage or disability"...

Comment

• Glad you survived the car ride home, Mike. Even though you're totally invincible and all, not a bad idea to pay heed to your doc's notions. It's not worth messing it up again, right? What's sitting out one snowboarding season in the greater scheme of things?
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MN_Smurf View Post
            Aaaaaaaand.......13 hours later, we're home from KC. For the record, lake effect snow storms suck donkey balls.
            You were in KC? Bastard... I could have brough you your screwdriver. At the rate I'm going I'll have to bring it to the next event both you and I attend...
            sigpic

2006 Ninja 650R (1000 miles and counting.)
            1997 Bandit 1200S (19000 miles and counting.)
            1993 Katana 600 (7000 miles) [Sold]
            1982 Maxim 400 (1125 miles) [Sold]

Comment

• Oh damn. I have a new (rediscovered) addiction. RC helicopters. I stopped flying about 4 years ago, then a friend of mine at work showed up with a little micro coaxial heli that he got over Christmas. Long story short, I now have my own micro with a single, fixed pitch main rotor and I'm shopping for a larger collective helicopter to build and fly outside once it's warm enough...

And I still have a Super Stearman and a P-51 in boxes waiting to be built. So much for kicking that addiction...
              sigpic

Comment

• It appears my MacBook is on its last legs. I am in need if suggestions for an inexpensive replacement. It's main function for now would be applying for jobs and some printing. Not to mention looking for jobs on the insterwebs.
                If I don't know when I am going to die, how will I know when to have my MID-LIFE CRISIS?

Jake

http://http://i121.photobucket.com/a...7-10181357.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by wraith0078 View Post
                  You were in KC? Bastard... I could have brough you your screwdriver. At the rate I'm going I'll have to bring it to the next event both you and I attend...
                  Lol, so there are two of us with temporary guardianship of his tools? I found his jumper cables in a box of "shit to deal with sometime" in the trunk of my ex car when I cleaned it out.
                  My two wheels:
                  1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                  2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

Oh damn. I have a new (rediscovered) addiction. RC helicopters. I stopped flying about 4 years ago, then a friend of mine at work showed up with a little micro coaxial heli that he got over Christmas.
                    Aren't the new ones amazing? I picked one up over the summer, then I upgraded the transmitter, then the charger. I am still resisting getting a collective bird again.

Dave

Comment

They have these things called "post offices" where you put items in boxes and pay them a little money to deliver the boxes to other people.....this might be a foreign concept to Iowegians, though.

Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
                      Lol, so there are two of us with temporary guardianship of his tools? I found his jumper cables in a box of "shit to deal with sometime" in the trunk of my ex car when I cleaned it out.
                      That isn't the only tool of mine you have....

I really liked that flashlight.
                      Silver '07 Kawi Ninja 250R (sold)
                      '09 Kawi Versys

Originally posted by Overcaffeinated
                      Oh, hell, Smurf's right.
                      First Missouri, then Minnesota, now Michigan.....it is my goal in life to live in every state that starts with "M" before I die.....

sigpic

Didn't vote??? Don't whine....

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Originally posted by MsPotatoPotatoHead View Post
                        Glad you survived the car ride home, Mike. Even though you're totally invincible and all, not a bad idea to pay heed to your doc's notions. It's not worth messing it up again, right? What's sitting out one snowboarding season in the greater scheme of things?
                        Actually I had decided to do listen to the docs. I made a phone call to my doc back here who explained how bad it could be if I had a subsequent fracturing blow to the same area. That gave me pause. And I just got a all from a friend who has REAL back issues. And he said "Why don't you just lay off snowboarding for the rest of the year." hmmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorcraft07 View Post
                          Aren't the new ones amazing? I picked one up over the summer, then I upgraded the transmitter, then the charger. I am still resisting getting a collective bird again.

Dave
                          I always flew fixed wing (3D Edge 540T) up until I got this thing. The left thumb certainly has a lot more to do when flying helicopters.

This is the one I got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

The in-laws gave me a $100.00 Amazon gift card for Christmas, so I figured "What the hell?"
                          sigpic

Comment

• I have a Blade mSR X and a DX6i transmitter. I picked up a cheap coaxial to play with but it stopped being cheap real quick. Still a lot cheaper than the Kalt Cyclone that I used to fly then fix 20 years ago.

Edit - that should have said that I bought the cheap coaxial and then upgraded to the mSR X real fast.

Dave
                            Last edited by taylorcraft07; 12-31-2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• I had an easier time flying a Blade mSR and Blade 400 than a CX. The coaxial heli just didn't seem natural to me. Once I picked up a heli with a tail rotor, things just went smoothly. The CX I could never control, something in the flight wasn't proper. I never tried 3D flight, a friend can do insane tricks with his 400, but he, intelligently, set everything up so it wouldn't do that on me.
                              I still make a runny one now and then, but the goo is good on ice cream.

-- Overcaffeinated

Comment

• Happy New Year!!!

heal up, OBX. Take a break.
                                Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
                                2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

Working...
                                X