Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. I finished 4 books over 5 days Got plenty of sleep. It was the best turkey day ever!
    Originally posted by atomicalex
    "Everyone has a unique risk threshhold. Mine is high enough to permit me to ride, and low enough to insure that I gear up, train regularly, and read about equipment and technique often. These three things mitigate the risk of riding substantially. I will never judge you because you do not takes the same risks I do, and please understand that I would prefer that you do not judge me."
    -Alan
    97' BMW 1100RT-P
    05' Honda Shadow 750 Aero- gone after 9000 great miles!

Comment

• I didn't have to cook for 5 days, so this rated as one of my best turkey days ever.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Suomi View Post
        Just be glad I ended it at the spanking. I could have mentioned what follows the spanking.

Sent from my AOKPified SGS3
        Well, "I" certainly wasn't going to be the one to go there...so maybe some things are better left not mentioned.
        Kevin

Daelim S2 250
        sigpic

Originally posted by MN_Smurf
        Yeah, but you're also a morning person, so this is just further proof that you're not right in the head.....
        What I'm reading
        Facebook

Comment

• Another potential job change. Let's see how big the carrot is.
          Kevin

Daelim S2 250
          sigpic

Yeah, but you're also a morning person, so this is just further proof that you're not right in the head.....
          What I'm reading
          Facebook

Comment

• Still within the .gov????
            Silver '07 Kawi Ninja 250R (sold)
            '09 Kawi Versys

Originally posted by Overcaffeinated
            Oh, hell, Smurf's right.
            First Missouri, then Minnesota, now Michigan.....it is my goal in life to live in every state that starts with "M" before I die.....

sigpic

Didn't vote??? Don't whine....

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Same location. Same contract. A lot more BS. The BS I can probably handle, but the potential of screwing with my down time and family time has a price tag that I'm pretty sure they can't afford.
              Kevin

Daelim S2 250
              sigpic

What I'm reading
              Facebook

Comment

• Yeah, it has to be a huge carrot for me to consider a job where I must work weekends, odd hours, or be on call.
                My two wheels:
                1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• For those who didn't see it in the SoCal meetup thread, a pic from our get-together last Friday. Left to right: phendric, NoCo_Gal, 83shadow, MsPPH, Norty.

sigpic

Comment

• I am so jealous!

...And pictures of the bike?
                    My two wheels:
                    1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.

Comment

• There was a meeting in soCal? Wow never heard about it
                      sigpicRichard rider-77!
                      Yamaha 2012 Road Star Silverado "S" with 13,900 miles SOLD the 2009 with 75,000 miles

President [for life] Wrinkle Riders. Member Sons of Angioplasty. Fringe member of a Splinter Group. The Ride is the Destination.

"A gentleman is someone that knows how to play a banjo, but doesn't"

Comment

• Originally posted by rider66 View Post
                        There was a meeting in soCal? Wow never heard about it
                        It was extremely last minute - I didn't even know for sure we were coming out until Wednesday. Teri and I had been in touch about a tentative Ladies of BBO get-together, so we managed to get the word out to a couple other BBO ladies. Phil saw a post about it in the bar and was able to join us at the last minute. I felt bad I couldn't be more certain about if/when we'd be there so that we could have included more people, but being a holiday weekend, I didn't want to leave a bunch of people hanging if it turned out we didn't go.

This is the best picture I have of the bikes at the moment. #1 son had been trying to fix the uneven running problem on the Shadow, so the tank and side covers are off. No point in putting them back on before 83shadow dives into it. Therefore, pictures of it are kind of meaningless at this point.

sigpic

Comment

• I wasn't even sure if I was going to make it. My mom was visiting and I wasn't sure how she'd feel about going to a biker bar. Seems I have a pretty cool Mom.
                          ~Teri
                          Originally posted by Bugguts
                          Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
                          2013 Triumph Tiger 800
                          2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
                          2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
                            ...And pictures of the bike?
                            Which bike?
                            Current bike: 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Previous bikes: 2000 Honda VFR800, 2006 Kawasaki ZX-10R, 2001 Triumph Sprint ST, 2001 Suzuki GS500

Comment

• :jealous:

I can't wait to get home. I want to ride cross-country to a Ladies of BBO biker bar breakfast. right now, the farthest I get is out of the country. dur....

My docking station at work died, and I have ice on my inflamed ligament in my right arm. I have honest to goodness throttle elbow.
                              Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
                              2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

• Originally posted by phendric View Post
                                Which bike?
                                Good point. I was most interested in Jo's new one, but any will do.

I'm saying good bye to mine this weekend. Temporarily but still. I don't want to risk it being 4° when I move and having to rent a truck and trailer. I'm storing it in my dad's shed. Then it can stay there indefinitely and I can retrieve it after the move.
                                My two wheels:

Comment

Working...
                                X