Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JustJake View Post
    Morning All! Saw the Ortho Hand Doc yesterday, looks like nothing he can do about the pain in my wrist from the fall. 14 months ago. If it does not improve I may never be able to ride a motorcycle or bicycle again.
    Three words .. Can Am Spyder.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    sigpic
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Comment

• You don't need to use the wrist on a spyder?
      If I don't know when I am going to die, how will I know when to have my MID-LIFE CRISIS?

Jake

http://http://i121.photobucket.com/a...7-10181357.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by JustJake View Post
        You don't need to use the wrist on a spyder?
        Oh.. throttle hand? Nvmd then, unless you convert it to a snowmobile type thumb throttle or something left handed. I heard the touring model has fly by wire, so that might lend itself to mods easier.

Although if you want it bad enough anything's possible.
        When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
        sigpic
        08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
        Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
        my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
        MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Comment

• Checking in from central PA. While there have been some trees and large limbs down, we didn't lose power and didn't get too much rain. Lucky.
          photos and blog
          2013 BMW F700 GS
          ~sold~2001 F650 GSa, SYM HD200

Comment

• Hi all, been awhile since I've been on BBO.... It's been a crazy year. I hope all is well with everyone, especially our East Coast friends!

Just wanted to stop into the bar to say howdy!

~ Restita D.

Sent via Tapatalk from my Android phone
            Restita ("Rusty")
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Tashabear
            I swear, boobs just get in the way. I wish they were modular.

Comment

• Has anyone talked to OC to see if she is OK?
              The cost of a motorcycle is merely a down payment on farkles.

Comment

• Nobody talked to me because I, uh, kinda took a nap all day. Really crappy sleep last night.
                My two wheels:
                1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• Glad to hear you didn't get flooded out, blowed up, or washed away.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by terraunbound View Post
                    Checking in from central PA. While there have been some trees and large limbs down, we didn't lose power and didn't get too much rain. Lucky.
                    We didn't lose power either. I know a lot of other people in the area did, but we were lucky.

Winds were on and off, but when they were on, they were really ON. I woke up several times during the night to the sounds of things slamming into other things, or just howling.

I'm still keeping some of the water I set aside in case the continuing rain causes a boil advisory. There are some branches down in the yard and a few random shutters and garbage cans around the neighborhood. The mums are, uh, done for the season. I'm glad for the sake of the local sproggen that central pennsylvanians do trick or treat the thursday before Halloween. But aside from some minor mess, we are unscathed. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I have to pass through some lower lying areas no matter which way I go to Harrisburg if there was any flooding. I hear Market St. and 83 bridges are still open, which is good, because now that Front St. exit from 81 is closed, all the west shore to downtown commuters would have to cram themselves onto the Harvey Taylor bridge, which backs up bad enough in the mornings as it is. I plan on leaving for work at 6:15 because after Irene last year, it took me an hour and a half to find a way.
                    My two wheels:
                    1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.

Comment

• Also, I need to see a Dr. about this but I haven't yet - I think I am developing a little bit of arthritis in my right hip. If that is the case, this is the first time my achy bones predicted weather. I started to get achy last Friday and remain achy. I really need to go swim it off, but the pool is closed. It's still kind of neat. I always wondered what people with arthritis actually felt when a storm was coming. Now I know.
                      My two wheels:

Comment

• Yeah, I know that feeling... In Germany, we had normal cloudy, drizzly weather. Boring.

But ridable!
                        Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
                        2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

• Morning, everyone. We're still without power, so I'm posting from work. Hope to post the pic of the branches burning across the power lines later on this evening. And the 10-day-old kitten that Lionlady rescued the day before the storm seems to be doing well, too!

Anybody from the NYC area check in yet? I'm worried about them.
                          Chaz

"In terms of improving one’s mood and general outlook I consider the ukulele to be the big gun." - Loudon Wainwright III

'16 S1000XR "Raquel" - Red, the "energetic and quick-thinking" color!

Comment

• Mornin' everyone
                            '07 FJR 1300
                            '05 VTX 1300
                            '02 ACE 750 - Sold
                            Home of the Bug Bash
                            15 Years!
                            August 3 - August 5 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by guitardad View Post
                              Morning, everyone. We're still without power, so I'm posting from work. Hope to post the pic of the branches burning across the power lines later on this evening. And the 10-day-old kitten that Lionlady rescued the day before the storm seems to be doing well, too!

Anybody from the NYC area check in yet? I'm worried about them.
                              Hope you get your power back soon. Other than that I'm glad to hear you're doing alright. I've seen post either here or on facebook from KZ Rob , Dave and anji, and I thing NYRob, but nothing for Downshifter and others
                              '07 FJR 1300
                              '05 VTX 1300
                              '02 ACE 750 - Sold
                              Home of the Bug Bash
                              15 Years!
                              August 3 - August 5 2018

Comment

• All I want is more pictures of the kitten!

Back to work here too. I left home early and was glad I did. As far as I can tell no roads flooded out, but people were acting like two days off caused them to forget how to drive.
                                My two wheels:

Comment

Working...
                                X