Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sxy Rdr View Post
    I wish I had leave to burn. Well, I have leave, I just hate that I've dropped below 80 hours banked. Need to build it back up.
    I wish we could bank leave...I get 80 hours vacation per year (and unlimited sick if I really need it) but it has to be used in that year...
    Rain or Shine 8 - May 20-22, 2016 - Monterey, TN

No matter what goes to hell, always rise from the ashes, stronger.

Comment

• Originally posted by twizted1 View Post
      I wish we could bank leave...I get 80 hours vacation per year (and unlimited sick if I really need it) but it has to be used in that year...
      My sister has a similar situation. They used to get unlimited sick but a few people took advantage so now they just get a set number of days. She's up to 20 days a year. But it's all use or lose. She said it was rough when she first started and it was only 10 days, but that was also when they still had the unlimited sick. She also gets 10 federal holidays, 1 floating "birthday" holiday and twice a year if they donate 3-4 hours for charity service, they get paid for 8 hours of work.

I've been here long enough that I'm about to be bumped to accruing 8 hours a pay period (24 pay periods a year). We're also allowed to carry over 240 hours from one year to the next. And there are actually 3 people in my office who are in a use or lose situation. How in the world can they have over 240 hours banked?!?!?! Especially since we have to use leave if we call out sick. Although that leads to people coming to work coughing/sneezing all over the place because they don't want to waste leave on a sick day and think they're "ok enough" to sit at their desk all day.
      Helen

Comment

• I get 120 hrs/year of vacation, and I can carry up to 240 hrs on the books before I hit a use it or lose it situation.....not that I've ever been close to that. Our sick pay is covered under our short term disability plan.
        Silver '07 Kawi Ninja 250R (sold)
        '09 Kawi Versys

Originally posted by Overcaffeinated
        Oh, hell, Smurf's right.
        First Missouri, then Minnesota, now Michigan.....it is my goal in life to live in every state that starts with "M" before I die.....

sigpic

Didn't vote??? Don't whine....

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• I've got the same leave terms you do, Smurf. Sick leave is separate, though - 8 days/year. Eleven paid holidays, as well.

I'm lucky if I can keep more than 40 hours annual leave banked. I try to keep at least that much sick leave banked, as well. There's just been too much fun to be had lately, so I keep burning up the annual leave. I'll have over 50 hours as of the end of this month, but I already have three days scheduled off in November.
          sigpic

Comment

• My vacation request for Thanksgiving week was approved. We already get the Friday after off for free, and I wanted Monday through Wednesday so I could a relaxing week at home with the boys. The cost savings from not driving to work (95 miles a day x 5) for that week will be on the order $70.
            Chad Wilson

1984 Honda Shadow VT700c

sigpic

Comment

• I get 30 days vacation/year of use it or lose it. That is on top of the holidays plus two personal days. I have no idea what the sick day policy is - nobody has ever mentioned it. That may be because if I am sick two days in a year it is a lot.

I think I will take Friday afternoon off.

Dave

Comment

• We get annual, sick, and personal. Annual can be stored up to 350 hours, which i'd hit again next year except I'm taking a month off. Sick is whatever, no limit on what you carry over, and keeping it in the bank is considered insurance against long absences due to illness or accident - you continue drawing your full paycheck instead of getting disability. Personal leave is just 30 hours a year and it has to be used in that year. It's supposed to be for those days when you wake up and find that you need to call a plumber or whatever, but nobody minds if you use it and annual interchangeably. I used annual because I was edging close to the cutoff where idlose it, and now I have to burn up the personal leave too.

Yes, I realize my job totally spoils me. I may never switch to a private industry job just because I like being treated this way, like a human being with interests apart from sitting in a cube farm. It still falls short of what most people in European countries get, but I'll take it.
                My two wheels:
                1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• We get 10-1/2 days holiday a year.. still trying to figure out what holiday the 1/2 days is. :\

No sick days, it's all rolled up into PTO hours. That encourages sick people to come to work rather than use up a potential vacation day. Ugh..

*gag.. cough*
                  When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
                  sigpic
                  08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
                  Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
                  my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
                  MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Comment

• At the hospital, PTO was used if you were sick on the first day, then we had extended leave time for the second day. It was amazing how many people were sick for TWO days at a time. And miraculous healings occurred on the third as nothing as wrong. No doctor's note was needed.

The only positive to the PTO system was that you could cash in the time, instead of using it as vacation.
                    Chad Wilson

1984 Honda Shadow VT700c

sigpic

Comment

• Sometimes, I don't think the sugar has been properly mixed into my black tea, and that is a shame to empty the cup and find a fine layer of sugar at the bottom. I think I need to get one of these:

A minute with this, and my sweetened black tea would have a much better flavor. To complete the imagery, I should probably get some beakers to drink the tea in. Or better yet, some mason jars!
                      Chad Wilson

1984 Honda Shadow VT700c

sigpic

Comment

• Dude, make some simple syrup.
                        My two wheels:
                        1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                        2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• Fleet for sale spotted on kijiji

"For sale is possibly the worlds largest private collection of 1957 Triumph TRW motorcycles. The collection includes 17 1957 TRW's and 1 1956 TRW. All bikes have matching engine and frame numbers. Most are restored from ground up, several are original ans several are for restoration. Also included in the sale are 2 TRW engines (one still in crate) and a great number of spare parts. Collection to be sold as a set and buyer is responsible for shipping."
                          ...I think he's only looking for about 85,000 for the lot

Comment

• Say huh?

What doest thou mean by 'simple syrup'?
                            Chad Wilson

1984 Honda Shadow VT700c

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by caeman View Post
                              Say huh?

Just find a bag of D5W and add a little to your tea.
                              My boss said to dress for the job I want, not the one I have.

Now, I'm waiting for my meeting with H.R. about my blue tights and cape.
                              FML

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by caeman View Post
                                Say huh?

Simple syrup:
                                1 cup water
                                1 cup sugar

Add sugar to water, stir while heating water over medium heat. Some say to wait until the water boils, I just heat the water until the sugar completely dissolves. Cool, and you have simple syrup. Use when you want to sweeten something. It is a staple in cocktails. But, if I recall correctly, you don't drink. I'm sure it's good in tea, coffee, other things.
                                I still make a runny one now and then, but the goo is good on ice cream.

-- Overcaffeinated

Comment

Working...
                                X