Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Morning, everyone.
    sigpic

Comment

• Morning...

Just an FYI to anyone who may be a manager/supervisor/team lead...

Good: "Hey, this problem's existed for a couple of days now and it's causing a major issue for this one team. What can we do to get this resolved as soon as possible?"

Bad: "Hey, this problem's been assigned to you since Friday. What are you doing about it? What? That's not an acceptable answer! I can't get my work done because this other group can't get their work done all because you haven't solved this problem yet!"

Wanna guess which one is the one I have?
      Helen

Comment

• Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
        What do the glasses do, exactly? ...
        When your pupils open to let more light in it’s called dilate, it’s the opposite of contract. Glasses refract (bend) the light rays entering your eye, different ‘colors’ of light bends (refracts) at different rates so corrective vision will achieve slightly different results if you drastically filter the light spectrum entering your eye.

You could theoretically correct the chromatic aberration issues by fitting your eyes with Plan-Apochromat lenses, but your glasses would be so thick and expensive you couldn’t wear or afford them  …15 years self-employed sales & service in the Optics industry; Microscopes & eye test equipment

Comment

• happy mid-morning

photos and blog
          2013 BMW F700 GS
          ~sold~2001 F650 GSa, SYM HD200

Comment

• Far as I know, diminished night vision is a normal part of aging. Dammit.

Happy midday (or thereabouts) y'all!
            ~Teri
            Originally posted by Bugguts
            Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
            2013 Triumph Tiger 800
            2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
            2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by NoCo Gal View Post
              Far as I know, diminished night vision is a normal part of aging. Dammit.
              And here I've been blaming it on the new truck's headlights not being aimed properly. I'm still going with that, anyway.
              CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
              PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
              Test riding bikes since 2004.
              If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by NoCo Gal View Post
                Far as I know, diminished night vision is a normal part of aging. Dammit.

Happy midday (or thereabouts) y'all!
                Hah! I need reading glasses for my more fiddly knitting, too.

I really think the dark commute issues are a combination of dry eye, which I don't have a bad case of but they *are* a bit sticky in the mornings, and tiredness/not being fully awake. Yesterday, when I was operating on 1.5 hours of sleep and a handful of caffeine pills, I felt blurry all day. Today I'm dehydrated as hell from eating caffeine like skittles yesterday and not drinking anything and my eyes feel pretty much like I should have expected them to.
                My two wheels:
                1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• 16000kms as I pulled into the garage last night.

Good morning!
                  Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
                  2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

• Mornin' everyone
                    '07 FJR 1300
                    '05 VTX 1300
                    '02 ACE 750 - Sold
                    Home of the Bug Bash
                    15 Years!
                    August 3 - August 5 2018

Comment

• Mornin yall....
                      Rain or Shine 8 - May 20-22, 2016 - Monterey, TN

No matter what goes to hell, always rise from the ashes, stronger.

Comment

• Good morning, all!

Comment

• 'Morning, everyone.
                          sigpic

Comment

• g'mornin - guten tag - its going to snow - its going to snow! I'm really excited for it to snow even though it means I won't be able to ride a day or so. We need the moisture - too many wild fires have sprouted the few days.
                            photos and blog
                            2013 BMW F700 GS
                            ~sold~2001 F650 GSa, SYM HD200

Comment

• G'mornin all! Time to lane split!
                              ~Teri
                              Originally posted by Bugguts
                              Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
                              2013 Triumph Tiger 800
                              2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
                              2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

sigpic

Comment

• It might snow here tomorrow, too.
                                My two wheels:
                                1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                                2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

Working...
                                X