Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erin has decided that she is bored with the KLX110. It is too short for her now for what she is wanting to do. So, instead of saving up for and trading up to a bigger model...she is trading it for a 1993 Chevy S10, because she misses owning a pickup truck even more.
    Chad Wilson

1984 Honda Shadow VT700c

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by caeman View Post
      Erin has decided that she is bored with the KLX110. It is too short for her now for what she is wanting to do. So, instead of saving up for and trading up to a bigger model...she is trading it for a 1993 Chevy S10, because she misses owning a pickup truck even more.
      There is nothing better than a little pickup with a dirt bike in back; be a good guy and buy her a full scale dirt bike to haul around in it :I

Comment

• She is 5'0" short. The last time we tried her on a "normal" dirt bike, she couldn't even tripod one. When she did, it looked like the bike was laying flat on the ground.
        Chad Wilson

1984 Honda Shadow VT700c

sigpic

Comment

• so get her a Trials bike and maybe she'll let you ride it

Comment

• Yeah...I get to spend all week here in Atlanta!!!

SHONUFF

What I ride
            '06 GL1800 - Overgrown sport bike!

Previous Bikes
            '01 Yamaha YZF600R
            '09 Royal Star Venture (7500 miles)
            '06 YAMAHA FZ6 (10,000 miles)
            '07 KAWASAKI EX250-NINJETTE (6500 miles)
            '05 YAMAHA ROADSTAR MIDNIGHT SILVERADO XV1700 (65,000 miles)
            '06 HONDA AERO 750 (12,000 miles)

God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal, John Moses Browning made some legends, and Eugene Stoner made some more awesomer than others. - various

Comment

• Originally posted by shonuff View Post
              Yeah...I get to spend all week here in Atlanta!!!

Well, tomorrow you can go to trivia with Larry.
              The cost of a motorcycle is merely a down payment on farkles.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure my week has pretty much been planned out for me. And I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be a fun week.

Nothing like being told that you have a week to complete a project that had 4+ weeks worth of labor sold on it. Yeah, that's going to happen.
                SHONUFF

What I ride
                '06 GL1800 - Overgrown sport bike!

Previous Bikes
                '01 Yamaha YZF600R
                '09 Royal Star Venture (7500 miles)
                '06 YAMAHA FZ6 (10,000 miles)
                '07 KAWASAKI EX250-NINJETTE (6500 miles)
                '05 YAMAHA ROADSTAR MIDNIGHT SILVERADO XV1700 (65,000 miles)
                '06 HONDA AERO 750 (12,000 miles)

God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal, John Moses Browning made some legends, and Eugene Stoner made some more awesomer than others. - various

Comment

• There is a 2009 Tmax for sale with less than 2000 kms on it for a very good price fairly local to me. I'm feeling some SMAS symptoms.
                  Trying to figure out how to get the $$$$.....

Edit:
                  Forget it. Saw the ad yesterday, posted the above and went to drool on it some more. Ad gone.
                  That'll teach me for being wishy-washy.
                  2005 Yamaha Majesty & 1987 Honda CBX250-Hers
                  1989 Honda GB500, 1982 Yamaha RD350LC, 1984 Honda CX650E & 2002 Kawasaki W650-His
                  2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing-Ours, 2-up

"Catnuts! Get A Thong On Your Chicken!"-Bugguts, March 2006...

Comment

• Happens to me all the time Cinder. Just means it wasn't meant to be. At least that's what I try to convince myself of.
                    ~Teri
                    Originally posted by Bugguts
                    Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
                    2013 Triumph Tiger 800
                    2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
                    2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by NoCo Gal View Post
                      Just means it wasn't meant to be. At least that's what I try to convince myself of.
                      I do this, too. It eases the pain. Sort of.

Finally got a good night's sleep. I think I need about two more to get back to normal. Doing my front brake pads last night probably helped. Got my iron levels back up to normal. Brake dust is a perfectly acceptable form of dietary iron. lol.

Weather is beautiful. I think I need to take a nice long ride home tonight.
                      Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
                      2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

• Mornin' everyone
                        '07 FJR 1300
                        '05 VTX 1300
                        '02 ACE 750 - Sold
                        Home of the Bug Bash
                        15 Years!
                        August 3 - August 5 2018

Comment

• Morning all.

The sun was just starting to emerge over the horizon when I pulled in to the parking lot at work. I don't have actual halos from lasik, but something is different somehow about my vision when I'm in a fully dark rush hour type situation where there are loads of oncoming headlights. I'm still happy with my vision but I definitely do not like these dark morning commutes.
                          My two wheels:
                          1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                          2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
                            something is different somehow about my vision when I'm in a fully dark rush hour type situation where there are loads of oncoming headlights. I'm still happy with my vision but I definitely do not like these dark morning commutes.
                            Yeah, I wear glasses when riding/driving at night. Got the prescription from the lasik doc after about 6 months. They may also prescribe eye drops that help the iris contract faster for night time.

Good morning, all. First we take Pops over to get his permanent cast, then shopping for stuff Mom and Dad can't get readily out in rural WNY.

Comment

• Mornin yall...
                              Rain or Shine 8 - May 20-22, 2016 - Monterey, TN

No matter what goes to hell, always rise from the ashes, stronger.

Comment

• What do the glasses do, exactly? My vision is still 20/15 in both eyes so I don't see what normal corrective lenses could do. I've just lost some definition in the shadows when there's bright light. I was thinking of trying yellow lenses. I'm getting a lot of mileage out of my yellow face shield insert these days so maybe I will get the yellow lenses for my oakleys and try that.

Tiredness and hydration seem to play a role. I don't have these issues in the evenings when I'm actually awake, but I've been bleary eyed in the mornings for as long as I can remember. Now it is pronounced. It's also clear I'm not drinking enough in the evenings. The dry eye is directly related to how dehydrated I feel otherwise. I drink water all day at work and see great in the evenings. I don't drink water in the evenings, and I know my eyes open a little in my sleep, so I usually am quite dry in the mornings.
                                Last edited by Overcaffeinated; 10-23-2012, 07:40 AM.
                                My two wheels:
                                1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                                2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

Working...
                                X