Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today, I found out I did not get yet another apartment I went after. Nothing wrong with me that i'm being rejected, but I'm always second in line pending another application. A symptom of a shitty rental market is competition when decent places turn up.

I think my roommate's mother is here to stay. I thought she was visiting for the weekend but when I asked how long she'd be there I didn't get an answer. Then the other four suitcases were brought in and she went grocery shopping. If I disappear for a while, I'm in for murder and I'm going to need someone to bake a cake with a file in it.
    Last edited by Overcaffeinated; 10-22-2012, 12:02 AM.
    My two wheels:
    1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
    2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• Good morning, sort of. I am having a lot of trouble sleeping lately. I need to fix this stat.

Bike was much better behaved after cranking down a couple of engine mount bolts. Now to finish the job - ie - go bolt hunting. It was so bad that the little loop that holds the brake line out of the way on the fork shook itself loose. Good thing I found it before it fell off, but I did lose the bolt. I did have a great ride yesterday. Also climbed up the sail on the windmill again. I can set and unset the sails as well as the regular millers now. They are really trying to get me to do the exam, but there is no way I can get the required hours in.
      Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
      2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

• Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
        Today, I found out I did not get yet another apartment I went after. Nothing wrong with me that i'm being rejected, but I'm always second in line pending another application. A symptom of a shitty rental market is competition when decent places turn up.

I think my roommate's mother is here to stay. I thought she was visiting for the weekend but when I asked how long she'd be there I didn't get an answer. Then the other four suitcases were brought in and she went grocery shopping. If I disappear for a while, I'm in for murder and I'm going to need someone to bake a cake with a file in it.
        How about a mig welder disguised as cake?
        Kevin

Daelim S2 250
        sigpic

Originally posted by MN_Smurf
        Yeah, but you're also a morning person, so this is just further proof that you're not right in the head.....
        What I'm reading
        Facebook

Comment

• Mornin everyone
          '07 FJR 1300
          '05 VTX 1300
          '02 ACE 750 - Sold
          Home of the Bug Bash
          15 Years!
          August 3 - August 5 2018

Comment

• 'Morning, everyone.
            sigpic

Comment

• Happy Monday morning!!!

Oh who am I kidding... Ain't nothing happy about a Monday morning around here...
              Helen

Comment

• [sneezysleepydopeybashfulsvoice]Heigh ho, heigh ho, it's off to work I goooo![/sneezysleepydopeybashfulsvoice]
                ~Teri
                Originally posted by Bugguts
                Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
                2013 Triumph Tiger 800
                2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
                2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

sigpic

Comment

• Its 40F and will get up to 70F today -- I going to ride! (It might start snowing Wednesday evening...)
                  photos and blog
                  2013 BMW F700 GS
                  ~sold~2001 F650 GSa, SYM HD200

Comment

• Originally posted by atonic View Post

Sometimes you have a week of 70+ degree weather and you spend it having a furnace installed. Me, I'm gonna feed Connie gas, and my soul some curves.
                    I hope to God (or, for OC, gods) that they do not take a week to install a furnace! Much thumping and banging going on right now, plenum parts going up and down the stairs, getting washed, coming back down. My father, who just broke his wrist yesterday and took his first pain meds this morning, is supervising.

Comment

• Happy Monday!

I had a fantastic weekend. The only sore spot was the Bengals losing, but the rest of it just faboo.
                      Chad Wilson

1984 Honda Shadow VT700c

sigpic

Comment

• Start of 2 weeks of 'STAFFEX' (exercise for the headquarters staff...). Yay. It's not that they're going to expect me to spend most of my time in a tent working with no connectivity for the better part of the next two weeks... it's that any 'regular' work can't be dropped, so that stuff has to happen eeeearly in the morning or after the regular workday back at the office. Thank God I've nearly got the Ninja finished so I'll have that to ride in addition to the Concours... gotta do something to stay sane. In other news, I had to pull out the heavier duty riding pants. Not really any colder here, it's just that working out and getting in shape again has caused the added problem (benefit?) of pants becoming too large. This isn't really a problem in the jeans and other stuff I've been squeezing into as I refused to buy anything bigger. However, when the MC pants were tightened down all the way and still nearly falling off, something had to be done. Of course I found a tear in the liner of the other pants, which just pisses me off...

Does your day suck?

Check.

Monday?

Check.

Do they make 120-hour sleeping pills?
                        sigpic

Comment

• I feel like I have lost control of my day already. After work, I have time to cram in dinner and grocery shopping before class. I got a little more than an hour and a half of sleep and I have to make it until 10:30, at which time I might be allowed to shower if my roommate's mother isn't taking one of her 3 hour long shits. I am already thinking about bed.
                          My two wheels:
                          1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                          2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• I am in week 2 of the weight competition at work. I have drastically cut back the chips and pop consumption, removing nearly 1,000 calories a day. I am adapting to feeling hungry. I slightly up-sized my lunch to counter the loss in snack calories. My team better finish in the top 5 is all I gotta say. It almost doesn't seem worth the money to feel hungry like this, except...if my teams wins, it is $500 per person.
                            Chad Wilson

1984 Honda Shadow VT700c

sigpic

Comment

• Mornin yall...
                              Rain or Shine 8 - May 20-22, 2016 - Monterey, TN

No matter what goes to hell, always rise from the ashes, stronger.

Comment

• OC, that sucks. I do so hope you can find a different living situation SOON.

Mz, hope they get your furnace working properly, slightly zoned-out overseer notwithstanding!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X