Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
    I wanted my first class to go better than this, but i'm fevery, exhausted, and now we're doing group work. Who the hell makes a bunch of future IT nerds do group work?
    Oh, I dunno. Hubby has to do a lot of collaborating, meeting, and general group stuff, or so it seems.

Comment

• There's a difference between integrating into a group in a professional environment, and having to learn new material very publically. Introverts do just fine at one (though we excel when we are allowed to execute our part of the work without interruptions) and not so well at the other. We need to have confidence in our knowledge of the material before we can demonstrate it for others, and we learn fastest and retain the most when we can do that in private. Every time there's group classwork, I space out, stare at the tiles for two hours, and read my textbooks alone later. If my group decides we need to get together, make flash cards, and have a study party, no one will find the bodies.
      My two wheels:
      1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
      2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• Today I'm getting the sick day I should have had yesterday. Flannel sheets, I am in you!
        My two wheels:
        1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
        2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• Mornin' everyone
          '07 FJR 1300
          '05 VTX 1300
          '02 ACE 750 - Sold
          Home of the Bug Bash
          15 Years!
          August 3 - August 5 2018

Comment

• 'Morning, everyone.
            sigpic

Comment

• Mornin yall...
              Rain or Shine 8 - May 20-22, 2016 - Monterey, TN

No matter what goes to hell, always rise from the ashes, stronger.

Comment

• Good morning, all!

I understand, OC . . . I am also an introvert, although not of the Olympic caliber that my husband is. I didn't like group projects in school, either, because they are so unorganized, but I am convinced now that they have an important role to play. Learning how to organize quickly with strangers and minimal pre-set hierarchy really does play out in the real world from time to time--or so it seems to me.

Comment

• Day 2 with no pop.

If my Weight Loss Team doesn't finish in the top 5, I will be sorely disappointed. I am planning a binge in 8 weeks and 1 day when the competition is over.
                  Chad Wilson

1984 Honda Shadow VT700c

sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.
                    Looks like alot of catching up.
                    sigpicTravel a new highway you haven't traveled before, give it a whirl, you may find you like it.

Comment

• Good morning!

Currently watching a history TV show on the BYU channel (American Ride). It's delivered by a biker who tells it like a story and rides a Deluxe from place to place. Now THAT'S how history should be taught. It doesn't hurt that Harley gets a lot of exposure.
                      Last edited by SoCal LabRat; 10-16-2012, 08:55 AM.
                      ~Teri
                      Originally posted by Bugguts
                      Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
                      2013 Triumph Tiger 800
                      2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
                      2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

sigpic

Comment

• 1. I'm sick and tired of all the stupid political commercials, flyers and other crap.
                        2. I like bar-b-que
                        3. Have a great day, everyone!
                        Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by mz33 View Post
                          Three or four, I think. But believe it or not, the others were too long ago to count for anything.

Maybe! I'll send in the application, anyways. Then we'll see if I'm acceptable.

It's only a matter of time.
                          aka: Muffin
                          sigpic

08 Kawasaki Concours
                          09 Suzuki c50 - Gone after 15,000 great miles.

Comment

• Clearly I've missed a lot of action here! Plungers and capes (I used a flashlight a flattened cardboard box for our intruder); introverts painfully exposed to extrovertism (there is a solution there... split up the work and then sit in opposite edges of the table and work quietly ignoring each other); and all manner of hooha.

Let's have a bbq and turn off the tv and internet ads for the next month!
                            photos and blog
                            2013 BMW F700 GS
                            ~sold~2001 F650 GSa, SYM HD200

Comment

• I'll drink to that!
                              sigpic

Comment

• I'm on my 4th cup of green tea today. Not as effective as coffee.
                                Kevin

Daelim S2 250
                                sigpic

Originally posted by MN_Smurf
                                Yeah, but you're also a morning person, so this is just further proof that you're not right in the head.....
                                What I'm reading
                                Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X