Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ankle feels like it wants to pop to adjust itself. But, it hurts so much to try and stretch it that way, that I give up and wince in pain.
    Chad Wilson

1984 Honda Shadow VT700c

sigpic

Comment

• ^My pinky did that. So. unbelievably. annoying.

Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
      My older brother is responsible for ... my advanced repertoire of curse words.
      That part is working. I learned three new words for poop this weekend.
      Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
      2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

• Your pinky busted up Chad's ankle!?

*backs away slowly*
        My two wheels:
        1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
        2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• Morning, everyone.

News of the weekend: I got to take a friend's F650 out for a spin. Then, I got to go to Richmond and go around the RIR oval at 160 mph.

and
          '05 Blue Kawi EX250 - RIP 6/17/10
          Still in the market. Free is good.
          motorcycle4amonth.blogspot.com

Comment

• Fond memories: I remember when my brother told me that extending one's middle finger is considered a polite greeting. I flipped off my mom. Still don't think it's fair I got punished for that one.
            My two wheels:
            1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
            2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
              Fond memories: I remember when my brother told me that extending one's middle finger is considered a polite greeting. I flipped off my mom. Still don't think it's fair I got punished for that one.
              When my sister was about 7, she jammed her middle finger. She was so happy about it. She could wander around and tell someone she had a boo boo on a finger. Of course, they would ask which finger, and she would flip them off with her swollen and bruised finger. She was so happy, and at that age, that is the height of practical jokes.
              I still make a runny one now and then, but the goo is good on ice cream.

-- Overcaffeinated

Comment

• With twins, their relative "age" depends on if they are fraternal or identical twins.

Fraternal twins = two different eggs, two different sperm. Conception can be at roughly the same time, or a few days apart, depending on how fast the little buggers swim. Same genetic relationship as full brothers/sisters, usually born at more or less the same time. Fraternal twins can be one of each gender.

Identical twins = one egg, one sperm. The fertilized egg splits into two separate zygotes at an early stage of development. Genetically, they are identical. Identical twins are always one gender only.
                sigpic

Comment

• Weav, F650s are indeed more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Doesn't excel at any one thing, but is very good at everything.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Wow, SMAS is rampant this time of year!

Quote of the day:
                    Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
                    Last edited by asp125; 08-13-2012, 12:03 PM.
                    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
                    sigpic
                    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
                    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
                    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
                    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Comment

• Originally posted by asp125 View Post
                      Wow, SMAS is rampant this time of year!
                      Yes, yes, it is. I'm fighting a case of it in my desire to get some kind of supermoto bike. Just no cash for one. I also want a cyclocross bicycle, so I have a case of SBAS, too.

-- Overcaffeinated

Comment

• So, an acquaintance of mine is in his early 20s. He is rather.....dumb. That immature kind of dumb. He regularly tells me about how he scared himself and had a close call while out on his motorcycle. I keep waiting to hear that the close call was a wreck with a serious injury. I won't ride with him because of his decision making, and he won't listen to me when I tell him to slow down. He won't take it to the track, using all the same excuses you hear about going to a track. So frustrating.

-- Overcaffeinated

Comment

• Hi everyone! No worky this week!
                          Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Comment

• I am checking out a 1984 Honda Shadow VT700 tonight. I would be trading the Concours for it if I like I what I see/hear/ride. The main goal is to alleviate my shoulder pain with a better riding position and the cruiser position seems to be the answer.
                            Chad Wilson

1984 Honda Shadow VT700c

sigpic

Comment

• Had a 3-day weekend camping and hanging with the fam.
                              Now I have a 4-day weekend...sorta-hanging with our sick son. He assured us on Thursday, before the camping trip, that he was fine. He was a bit under the weather and didn't eat much all weekend but still had a nice time. Until yesterday evening.

He's finally sleeping some. Hoping he's on the road to recovery.
                              CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
                              PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
                              Test riding bikes since 2004.
                              If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by caeman View Post
                                I am checking out a 1984 Honda Shadow VT700 tonight. I would be trading the Concours for it if I like I what I see/hear/ride. The main goal is to alleviate my shoulder pain with a better riding position and the cruiser position seems to be the answer.
                                How tall are you, Chad? The 1983 VT750c is essentially the same bike, and it fits me perfectly (5'7.5", 31.5" inseam). Bruce (6'4", 36" inseam) is comfortable on it for <200 mile rides, so it's obviously got a pretty forgiving set of ergos. The bikes are well-built and there's not much little fiddly stuff to go wrong with them. It will definitely vibrate more than the Connie, though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X