Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trials
    replied
    ouch, stoppies are probably best practiced on the grassy knoll free of rock outcrops for a while is super easy on a steep downgrade.

Mine was in a section, went down some slippery snotty slope, 180 right turn and full power buck up the slime hill to zap about a 2 foot high undercut rock face I did so well the first 2 times, the third the section had deteriorated and I planted the front wheel with full compressed front suspension square into the rock face which of course stopped me faster then dead.
    ... pretty sure I hit the tops of both my forearms with my own knuckles highly recommend you don't try that.
    and now that we have discouraged everyone else from ever trying to ride a trials bike ...

Leave a comment:

• OBX-RIDER
    replied
    Originally posted by Trials View Post

Bruised ribs ? somebody went over the handle bars!
    Actually I was doing a stoppie trying to get the rear to go over to one side ... and fell sideways ... landing ribs first on a rock. Ryan just makes it look so easy. Also fell coming off a steep boulder trying to stay inside the ribbon and 'plowed' the front tire. Meh ... I'll mend.

My bike has tube type rims. It's the cheaper GG Contact. Ryan rode it ... pronounced it "fine .. for you". Of course he is sponsored by Sherco ... and all the guys on Shercos said he really makes sure Sherco takes care of them ...

For me at this point ... it is still crosstraining for offroad ... but fun crosstraining.

Leave a comment:

• Trials
    replied
    I think I broke both my hands at the nationals a couple weeks ago, but I don't do hospitals without a purchase order so I just kept riding once the feeling returned to them.
    Not sure if it counts as a crash if you never actually fell off the bike
    I know it hurts when I do this ... so I just won't do that for a few weeks.

Bruised ribs ? somebody went over the handle bars!

Leave a comment:

• Trials
    replied
    Michelin Lite; one ply radial almost a full pound lighter then the X11 and the sidewalls are like mush

Leave a comment:

• OBX-RIDER
    replied
    Did a Ryan Young(6X National Champ) trials riding clinic this weekend in WV. I am really sore .. and got some bruised ribs ... but the clinic was awesome. Trials is cross training for me for offroad ... but I can see where folks get into it. Need to replace the Pirellis for Michelins or Dunlops ... traction is super critical ... OTOH the stiffer walled Pirellis might make a good dirt bike tire for a win win ...

Leave a comment:

• DUISparky
    replied
    Just to show that, while unable to ride as much as I would like due to health issues that I'm not gonna go into, I haven't been a complete sofa spud ... I've been playing with recording and "sound engineering" type stuff in the "Lost Basement" and ... what the hell ... I guess I'll share a bit of my ... lol ... "work" with ya's These are other peoples' songs. Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple, even a Zeppelin tune ... but Robert Plant I'm definitely not so the vocal on that one (just that one?) is kinda not so great. So, without further ado or adon't

The Great Sun Jester (Blue Oyster)

Lazy (Deep Purple)

Out On the Tiles (Zeppelin)

I Love the Night (Blue Oyster)

Oh yeah, if any (or all) of these tunes suck, it's my fault, not the fault of the original artists because I did all the playin' and so-called singin' on this crapola. So ... uhmmmmm ... enjoy?

Leave a comment:

• Trials
    replied
    Today is fireplace building day
    going to see if I can incorporate some big flat limestone riding rocks into the hearth and turn a chunk of Douglas Fir into a mantle piece.

Leave a comment:

• NORTY
    replied
    Well, not likely. Can't do much in the USA anymore. They've got laws/rules/regs for everything now. I do know of a place on an Indian Reservation that has trials school/competitions though. Thank goodness we have indians because all the other property is locked up with rules/regs/laws, allowing nothing.
    www.socaltrials.com

Leave a comment:

• Trials
    replied
    Are you allowed to ride on it?

Leave a comment:

• NORTY
    replied
    How many paths do you see?

This is Garden of the Gods.

Leave a comment:

• NORTY
    replied
    BINGO! Yes, that's Catalina! Took that out the window of a 737 going to SFO from SAN.

Leave a comment:

• Trials
    replied
    Pretty sure that first cove on the left is Avalon Bay Hi Avalon

Leave a comment:

• Trials
    replied
    Is that Santa Catalina Island?

Leave a comment:

• NORTY
    replied
    Y'all need to get offa fb and contribute to this here site!
    Anyone know what island that is???

Leave a comment:

• asp125
    replied
    Originally posted by Ninja Rebel View Post
    Hey you people !

Hope you are all doing fine & safe ?
    Welcome back, good to see you mon ami.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X