Weird Dreams..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Dreams..

Share your weird dreams...don't get *too* graphic..

One of mine recently is as such: I move out of my apartment into a house over close to work, right now I live in the outerlying county of Indianapolis, and the new house was in the more urban area. Good neighborhood and all, but when I look at the house, it was totally trashed! Old residents left ALL their crap there, and it was up to me to clean it up. So after getting some help from friends and family, I got moved in and settled, and the cleanup wasn't too bad. By the end of the first day there was great progress, and I was pleased with my new house. So I decide to go wander around the property and check out the 2 garages. One has this old beat up 70s era car in it, wasting space, and before I get to the second garage, a guy comes up and posts a notice on my door.

Something to the extent of "leave now, you are unauthorized," I'm like WTF?! I called the owner and this is MY house now!! So he told me to take it up with the owner, even though he wouldn't give me his information, and at that point I woke up.

Weird.

I think it stems from problems with my current apartment complex right now. They have been stringing me along for the past year about getting new cabinets in, and while I was in St. Louis this past week, they were SUPPOSED to get it done, but when I got home last night, to my ill surprise, they weren't
    Rain Rain Go Away,
    So I can ride another day.
    Remember when sex was safe, and motorcycles were dangerous?

Current Bikes:
    2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
    2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

I dreamed my sorta-ex BF was trying to sell me to his mysterious identical twin the other night. I thought they were being stupid, so I hit them in the head with cantaloupes.

I've also dreamed that I was piece of pepperoni on a pizza, and I got drowned in the tomato sauce.

My personal favorite, though, was when I dreamed that I was an animated character on the show Futurama.

Comment

I rarely remember my dreams. But a few weeks ago I dreamed that I was in WWII. Ps im 25. I used to have a dream I was a charecter in 91020.
      "Aqaba is over there, it's only a matter of going." -Lawrence
      Question 13: How slow is Greg White?
      Current: 07 V-Strom 650 Blue (DL650K7)
      Year Zero

Comment

Originally posted by Allan
        I rarely remember my dreams. But a few weeks ago I dreamed that I was in WWII. Ps im 25. I used to have a dream I was a charecter in 91020.
        The last dream would only be weird if you were, say, Brenda.

I also rarely remember my dreams, and when I do, I only remember snippets of them or the bad/disturbing ones. I do have two recurring themes, though. I dream about tornadoes. The other theme kicks in, I think, when I'm sleeping rather soundly and my body is trying to tell me something. In these dreams, I have to pee badly , and I'm in search of a toilet. However, every toilet I find is either filthy, the water is overflowing, or something prevents me from using it. I get frustrated enough that I wake up. Good thing, too, because MY bathroom is always clean!
        '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
        '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor TRADED IN
        '17 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT - Phantom

"I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

Comment

I used to have a dream I was a charecter in 91020.
          Gettin' all the whores right?! <ahem> I mean *tori spelling* </ahem>
          Rain Rain Go Away,

Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by Lezbert
            The last dream would only be weird if you were, say, Brenda.
            Originally posted by dboogie2288
            Gettin' all the whores right?! <ahem> I mean *tori spelling* </ahem>
            Suprizengly I was always an ancillary character and was always hanging out with Brandon and Steve. hmmm I wonder what that is supposed to mean. But for the record Andrea was my favorite on the show.
            Year Zero

Comment

Andrea was my favorite on the show.
              Yeah, I dig plain boring chicks too, probably because I myself am plain and boring as well.
              Rain Rain Go Away,

Current Bikes:

Comment

After I crashed my motorcycle, I dreamed about crashing all the time.

Well, almost all my memorable dreams are about motorcyling. Or having relations. Or hopefully both in the same dream

But actually, I try to keep my dreams to myself anyway. In the novel The Sheltering Sky, the main character's wife laments about how boring it is to hear other people relate their dreams out loud. It's like hearing about a great party that you weren't invited to. I can relate to this. When my wife talks about her dreams, my eyes glaze over and I go into "Uh huh, hmm that's interesting, honey" mode.

Not to say dreams are boring, or that you're boring...but I generally don't talk about mine, for fear of boring people. Maybe it's a matter of being a good storyteller, or that many dreams don't make rational sense in the waking, conscious world?

But there are some excellent books on dream analysis...not heavy psychoanalysis, but like what it means when you have the teeth falling out dream, or the "I didn't study for this final exam/forgot to drop this class and now it's the end of the semester" dream. Your subconcious really is trying to tell you something.

Comment

Almost every morning I remember my dreams.. they are usually very vivid, and often fairly mundane...

Although regularly get a set of odd dreams... I wake up dreaming about a solution to a computer problem at work - what makes it strange is the code snippet I awake with usually works .

One interesting thing is, I (almost) always dream in black & white (Color is so rare, it stands out when the dream was in color). Maybe that's why I prefer B/W photography...

Cheers!
                  Ken
                  Bikes - Cameras - Linux. It doesn't get better than that.

http://www.kabeach.com

sigpic

Comment

Squirrel -- I used to troubleshoot radars in my sleep, and like you, the solutions generally worked.

Vivid dreams? Nicotine patches cause some exquisitely detailed dreams. Rich colors and full of minute detail.

Has anyone ever learned a second language? When I was learning Italian in high school I knew I had a good handle on it when the dialogue in my dreams started being in Italian. Same thing later for Spanish...
                    Originally posted by OBX-RIDER
                    put the whiffer in the dilly
                    sigpic

Comment

I usually have color dreams that seem to go on for a long time. I move from place to place and interact with people, sometimes people I know.
                      I really enjoy them, most of the time.
                      When I was younger I used to have the dream where you are flying and then falling, waking just before you hit the ground.
                      Those went away years ago.

Now I have one where I am riding my scoot and I suddenly run up on the back of a car, with no warning.
                      I wake just in time.

I don't enjoy those dreams.

mark.
                      '03 Honda Silverwing ABS
                      It's right turn on red AFTER stop!

I see a light at the end of the tunnel, it is the end of the tunnel on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by dboogie2288
                        Yeah, I dig plain boring chicks too, probably because I myself am plain and boring as well.
                        Im just not into high maintence women.
                        Year Zero

Comment

I had a dream that Mike let me ride the OC, then I stopped it in some gravel and dumped it exactly the way he did with his bandit. In the dream we ziptied all the gnarled and strangly flexible stuff on the bike and I was saying, "How am I gonna pay for this?"

I think this dream is telling me to stick with the beater for a while.
                          -RMRR
                          "This guarantee does not cover sharkbite, bear attack, or children under 5." - Pelican case lifetime guarantee

It's vitally important to know the correct name for all parts of a vehicle so that you can curse them accurately when they break.

Давай детка, будь моей обезьянкой

Comment

Originally posted by Lezbert
                            The other theme kicks in, I think, when I'm sleeping rather soundly and my body is trying to tell me something. In these dreams, I have to pee badly , and I'm in search of a toilet. However, every toilet I find is either filthy, the water is overflowing, or something prevents me from using it. I get frustrated enough that I wake up. Good thing, too, because MY bathroom is always clean!
                            This happens to me, too.

When I was a child, I used to dream of our house burning down. The day my mother died, someone torched it, and it did burn down. (Fortunately she wasn't there at the time.) Took 40+ years for it to happen, though.

I also have frequent dreams about people chasing me. I'm either running on foot or in a car. No motorcycles, yet.

Since my doc put me on warfarin, I've been having weird dream almost every night. Don't remember them after a while. I vaguely remember the one this morning. I had jumped out on the roof to save someone from being shot and got hit in the shoulder by a bullet. Then someone was walking with me through this building trying to find a doctor to take the bullet out and patch me up. I'm just walking around like nothing happend with a hole in my shoulder and blood seeping out. Never did get to a doctor before I woke up. What was that all about?

Comment

Originally posted by LoDownSinner
                              Has anyone ever learned a second language? When I was learning Italian in high school I knew I had a good handle on it when the dialogue in my dreams started being in Italian. Same thing later for Spanish...
                              I'm with ya on that. Took French from 5th grade through senior year of High School (uh, 8 years?). I knew I had it down when I found myself thinking in French. Of course now I'm way out of practice and have to stumble over basic vocabulary.

But I'm still really good at French accents, e.g. "Now go ay-way or I shall taunt you a second time-uh."

Oh yeah, dreams...

Mine too are seldom remembered in the morning-- but I have a few vivid ones occasionally (always in color-- don't think I've ever dreamed in B/W), though I only recall snippets.

When I was first enthralled with motorcycles in HS and living in Chicago, I had a dream I was cruising North on Lake Shore Drive on a Yamaha FZ600 (which was solid black for some reason, as was my full gear - honest!). It was night, summer, and the orange glow from the sodium street lights was doing its usual eerie thing in the humidity haze. I'd cruised from the Gold Coast up past North Ave. and Fullerton, and veered down the exit ramp at Belmont, where I'd normally head home. Got to the light, and when it turned green I cancelled my turn signal and went straight, back up the opposing on-ramp and onto LSD again, headed who knows where.

Given that I've yet to own a bike myself, had/have never ridden anything over 100cc, and have never been licensed, maybe that one explains a bit about my lingering motorcycle addiction.

The other one that pops to mind wasn't mine, but a friend's in HS. He caught me one morning and said (approx.):
                              "Hey Chris, had a dream about you last night."
                              Me: "Yeah?"
                              Friend: "Yeah I was walking down <a side street> toward the alley, and you popped out from around the corner, said 'Hi Gabe', and shot me in the face!"

This was a week or so after the same guy had been talking to me while we were both crashed on the floor during a break, when he apparently spoke to me for a good minute or two before he realized I was sleeping with my eyes open.

My wife's got a DOOZIE of a weird-ass dream from years ago... if I can get it written down I'll post it. As I recall, it involves aliens and Larry Hagman.

Oh, and she says I still occasionally sleep with my eyes open.
                              Last edited by christhisguy; 01-25-2005, 11:32 PM.
                              Originally posted by wraith0078
                              I started to get worried when I was looking for a rear shock from a Gixxer 1000 for the Bandit...
                              Current: '93 Yamaha Seca II "Tonbo"
                              BITD: '00 Honda XR250R, '95 Yamaha RT 180

Comment

Working...
                              X