Saw some My_SQL errors....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw some My_SQL errors....

Looked like a "too many connections" message from MySQL for a minute today....

Just a warning....might want to keep an eye on that...
    07 Triumph Tiger 1050

I'll definately keep an eye out, if this becomes a big problem, let me know. Keep in mind that phpbb doesnt always place nice with the native AOL browsers, so if you're using AOL and having trouble, use IE or netscape, or whatever.
    Rain Rain Go Away,
    So I can ride another day.
    Remember when sex was safe, and motorcycles were dangerous?

Current Bikes:
    2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
    2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

Comment

Saw it again. Friday eveing (must go to sleep!)

Copied the text of the errors this time:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home2/dbeginne/public_html/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home2/dbeginne/public_html/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home2/dbeginne/public_html/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 331
      phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
      07 Triumph Tiger 1050

Comment

Anyone else getting this? I haven't seen it at all...and i KNOW phpbb is suited for a large number of open connections.
        Rain Rain Go Away,

Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by dboogie2288
          Anyone else getting this? I haven't seen it at all...and i KNOW phpbb is suited for a large number of open connections.
          No problems here.
          sigpic

2009 BMW F650GS TwinFirefly Sold
          2005 Honda VTX 1300R - Sold
          2002 Honda ACE - Sold

Comment

No problem here on SQL stuff, but Ido have a problem with it being too big and I have to scroll side to side to see all the format. It used to resize itself even when I had like my "favorites" open on the left side bar. Im using IE6.
            Resident Hillbilly!
            sigpic

==o&o>
            09 BMW F650GS

Comment

Originally posted by southernspirit
              No problem here on SQL stuff, but Ido have a problem with it being too big and I have to scroll side to side to see all the format. It used to resize itself even when I had like my "favorites" open on the left side bar. Im using IE6.
              Probably user error......
              sigpic

2009 BMW F650GS TwinFirefly Sold
              2005 Honda VTX 1300R - Sold
              2002 Honda ACE - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Mer
                Originally posted by southernspirit
                Probably user error......
                WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....... you WISH!! ....hehe
                Resident Hillbilly!
                sigpic

==o&o>
                09 BMW F650GS

Comment

I saw it too Friday night, for about 5 minutes it didn't wanna play nice.
                  I use Mozilla.
                  When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
                  sigpic
                  08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
                  Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
                  my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
                  MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Comment

I use Mozilla as well...wonder if it has something to do with Mozilla not releasing session resources?? Who knows....next time I notice it, I'l (egad) pop open IE and see how it behaves.
                    07 Triumph Tiger 1050

Comment

I *THINK* this is related to some incompatibility with mozilla. Not trying to pass the blame, but mozilla makes the native browser for aol and compuserve, both places I have seen other phpbb boards with those types of errors. I'll keep my eye out, for the moment, as I use IE, I haven't had a lick of trouble.
                      Rain Rain Go Away,

Current Bikes:

Comment

I saw the same error this evening, using IE.

Could it be related to people trying to connect right at the same time that you are making changes to the database?

Tom
                        In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by subvetSSN606
                          I saw the same error this evening, using IE.

Could it be related to people trying to connect right at the same time that you are making changes to the database?

Tom
                          Absolutely...however I've been at work all day and away from the computer.. heh. We'll in the next few days as the site grows, I'll reindex the DB and see if that helps out at all....just crazy I haven't seen any myself.
                          Rain Rain Go Away,

Current Bikes:

Comment

Ok I shot a message to the hosting support desk...hopefully its an easy fix.
                            Rain Rain Go Away,

Current Bikes:

Comment

Working...
                            X