X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jenniferb
    replied
    I did it!

Hey Mike, I did it! I found a picture of me on my bike that I could crop and now I have an avatar! Woo hoo for me!

simple pleasures...simple mind...

Leave a comment:

• MikeInSLC
    replied
    And if you need a hand resizing a pic to use as an avatar, post a link to the pic here, and I can resize it for you.

Leave a comment:

• MikeInSLC
    replied
    Re: Avatars

Originally posted by jennifrb
    Can someone help me out with an avatar? The old site had some generic ones to pick from. I don't have a clue how to set one up! I'm very forum challenged!
    If you have a small, nearly square pic of your bike, that might make a good avatar....

Or, there are sites that have custom avatars that you can "appropriate" :

http://www.avatara.com/avatars/

Or find an avatar on another forum, ask the user if you can use the avatar elsewhere, and grab it. (That's what I did from a Z1000 specific forum...I don't use the same avatar there though, out of courtesy for the original owner)

Leave a comment:

• jenniferb
    replied

Can someone help me out with an avatar? The old site had some generic ones to pick from. I don't have a clue how to set one up! I'm very forum challenged!

Leave a comment:

• JohnBryer
    replied
    It can certainly get out of hand when we try to out do the next one

Here's one I used that went "slightly" over the edge from the sport-touring.net forum...

http://www.ukgser.com/images/rcc/image002.gif

Leave a comment:

• Galaxieman
    replied
    Might be a good standard practice to request that avatars stay work safe. Post content in the adult section obviously wouldn't be, but it's a reasonable request on a beginner bike forum for avatars to be so.

Leave a comment:

• Derick
    replied
    I'll post some avatar guidelines, but if people cant have the common sense to keep it work safe, then I dont particularly want them here.

When I upgrade to vb, there are MANY more options that we can configure, but time will tell, money too.

I'll have some standard gallery avatars created by the end of the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• JohnBryer
    replied
    It looks good!!

Is there going to be a "standard" to keep these things from being Work Safe, or at least an option to not view them if they start to get out of control?

Leave a comment:

• Derick
    replied
    avatar settings have been corrected. max size is 96x96

Leave a comment:

• Derick
    replied
    I'll look into it...it might just be an oversight on my part.

Leave a comment:

• Galaxieman
    started a topic Avatars?

Just a quick question about board avatars: Are they turned off on this version of phpbb or is it a setup thing? I know they had them on BB.com and they've got them on the phpbb run site vtr1000.co.uk where I hang out with the brit superhawk (firestorm to them) bubbas, and was just wondering if they could be turned on here. I've got my avatar sitting in my sig block now, but as an avatar it's easier to identify posters quickly. Just a thought.

-Jim
Working...
X