Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe something missed (guests have more rights than unapproved entrants)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe something missed (guests have more rights than unapproved entrants)

Hi,

I know you are probably thinking "What a dooooosh, he is here for a day and making a suggestion"... to which I would reply... Well yes, I can be a doooooosh, but not for this reason...

I have to say that I did find it odd to be able to see images and such as a guest, but not as a person awaiting to be approved. If this is by design awesome... not really... having to surf the site as a guest just so you can see the images on the forum seems counter intuitive.

It could be taken as "sure, sign up and be punished for doing so"

At any rate... figured I would say something since it looks like no one has yet.

I don't remember that being the case when I signed up.........
    2009 Kawi Vulcan 500 LTD- Woodrow

Comment

I would be happy to create a second account take some screenies and post em

As I do not wish to be banned at this time I will wait for some form of official approval for this action.

Comment

Go ahead and post some screen shots. Curious too, as to how this happened.
        When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
        sigpic
        08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
        Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
        my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
        MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Comment

Hi Asp!

As Guest and logged in with no e-mail verification
          Click image for larger version

Name:	bbo_guest.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	1451595

After e-mail verification

Name:	bbo_verified_waiting_for_approval.jpg
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1451596

Trying to click the image link after e-mail verification

Name:	bbo_error.jpg
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	1451597

***note that this is from a different link, due to the fact that the image was in my cache (I assume) that it allowed me to view it, so I found another post with an attachment and tried to view it to produce this error. This is a possible bug that should probably be reported to vBulletin (the fact that because the image was in cache I am able to see it without permission).

Please feel free to beat, abuse, delete, etc... the tc3_test account
          Last edited by tc3driver; 05-19-2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

I suspect it's an unintended difference in the default "Thread Display Options" for the two groups (Guests and Users awaiting notification).

If Derick doesn't get to it, I'll poke around later and see if I can find where to fix it.

Thanks for the heads-up on it!

Tom
            In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.
            sigpic

Comment

PS: Note to Derick and Missy, don't approve or deny "tc3 test" yet, leave it pending.

Tom
              In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by subvetSSN606 View Post
                PS: Note to Derick and Missy, don't approve or deny "tc3 test" yet, leave it pending.

Tom
                CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
                PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
                Test riding bikes since 2004.
                If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
                sigpic

Comment

I poked around a little, but couldn't find anything obvious.

I'll poke around some more, meanwhile... Derick?

Tom
                  sigpic

Comment

Derick is probably light-shopping...see him after Bugbash.

Comment

Working...
                    X