Photo Gallery Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Gallery Questions

I tried uploading a bike picture today and have a couple of questions on the Gallery.

1) After I uploaded the picture I got a message saying something like "it will be added once it is reviewed and approved". So each picture we upload needs to be approved? If so, seems like that will kinda slow down the upload process.

2) I uploaded the same picture I had in the old gallery (ShadowFax.jpg) and it got named ShadowFax_2.jpg. Are our old pictures still out there someplace?
    Jeff

Am I missing something in the gallery? The only picture I see is one of dboogie's 93ex500. Do we create our own section, or is it just one big gallery that we add to?

Comment

I'm still new too, so don't know. I'll get better at answering these things as time goes on.

Tom
      In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.
      sigpic

Comment

It's... <sigh> a work in progress. I used that 4image software because of the "supposed" agreeabilty with VB...but overall the software sucks. SO, I am looking at other options as we speak, and put the 4image gallery on hold since i'm probably going to scrap it anyhow. I'll let everyone know what happens, but for now, dont upload anything that you can't stand to lose.

Yeah ranger, that software just sucks that way, you cant even get an instant thumbnail, I have to run a process everyday to build all the thumbnails in a batch. German's didnt get this software right I'm sorry to say.
        Rain Rain Go Away,
        So I can ride another day.
        Remember when sex was safe, and motorcycles were dangerous?

Current Bikes:
        2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
        2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

Comment

still think we should just have a forums section for it... simple, integrated, and we already know it works. just my thoughts.

Comment

VB has a forum software that went to beta back in november, and never heard back from it....I'm going to look into that further...screw this third party stuff.
            Rain Rain Go Away,

Current Bikes:

Comment

Hey DBoogie, no problem! I wasn't too impressed either with what I saw of the 4image stuff.

I like the seperate album idea myself, as opposed to posting in forums. FWIW - I also didn't mind a seperate registration & logon and the previous photo gallery (hint, hint ).

But - absolutely no hurry in either case. Thanks for the reply.
              Jeff

Comment

Yeah I looked at the VBforums hack, and it was pretty sweet, looked similar to the setup within the forum, but once you clicked on a photo thread, all the previews came up, and it was sweet....but it came at a price...70 bux I dont have to piss away.

I am however going to probably pick up the vblink system. MUCH better than integrating links into the articles section, and users can do it on their own..
                Rain Rain Go Away,

Current Bikes:

Comment

Photo Section is alllll setup now. It's actually called your garage, and it's in the nav bar. Nice thing about this addition is that it continues to be consistant with the rest of the site. Anyhow, you can upload up to 10 pictures, and the pics must be at maximum size, 70k, which should be plenty. You can fill out all the fields you like, and boast a little about your bike if you wish. I may update the picture count in time, but that seemed like a nice round number. It's also integrated in your profile, so it's easy to see, and easy to edit.

Goto the Console link in the nav bar, and then select VBgarage from the side menu. Hope you all enjoy, and this isn't going to change now, Sorry to those who uploaded some pics, and then were deleted.
                  Rain Rain Go Away,

Current Bikes:

Comment

Very nice and easy to use! Thanks for another great feature.
                    sigpic

2009 BMW F650GS TwinFirefly Sold
                    2005 Honda VTX 1300R - Sold
                    2002 Honda ACE - Sold

Comment

What Mer said! Thanks again DBoogie!

So, is this a place intended only for bike pics? Or can we post "people" pictures too?
                      Jeff

Comment

Oh post whatever you want..make sure you get the right model # though, I hear women dont forget about that kind of slip up.
                        Rain Rain Go Away,

Current Bikes:

Comment

Working...
                        X