Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Break the Lounge down by year... 8000+ posts is tough to wade through.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break the Lounge down by year... 8000+ posts is tough to wade through.

By month/year would be great in my mind. I don't visit the Lounge very often, and I think that is part of the reason. It takes pages and pages of backtracking to figure our what is going on with who.

Wouldn't have to delete anything, just chunk and separate?

My .02

P
    If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be. -Maya Angelou

Put it on a facebook timeline.
    2011 Triumph America, made perfect with another Corbin Seat.
    (sold) '08 Ninja 650R with super-comfy Corbin seat
    (sold) '06 Ninja 250R, possibly best learning-bike ever.

"For me it is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    - Carl Sagan - "The Demon-Haunted World" - fantastic read!

Comment

Must admit LionLady that I do not understand what you said LionLady nor the one that answered to you, or made a comment.

True I go back some years ago when I use to belong to this board & it was easy to answer any Thread or Post. NOW i must admit it is rather confussing, bar I seem to understand a bit when it comes to guns or any f/arms. The rest of the comments or such is a bit confusing. Mind you we use to be on another m/c board & that was easy to read, make a comment or such.

Sorry if I sound like I am picking on you LionLady, but this board is not easy to understand, for some reason or another.
      Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you!!!!!!

Comment

I like that movie Punch Drunk Love with Sandler and Watson.

Some day I hope to be as tall as Paul Bunyan's baseball bat.

2009 Yamaha FZ-1 The Hematoma*
        2008 H-D FXDC The Hematoma (sold)
        BBOer Favorite Motorcycle Magazines
        Originally posted by mz33
        In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Comment

Fastest redirect of a thread I've ever seen...
          sigpic

Comment

Interesting idea.
            Not sure it would pass the effort required/benefit test though.

Tom
            In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by subvetSSN606 View Post
              Interesting idea.
              Not sure it would pass the effort required/benefit test though.

Tom
              Agreed. I thought about it when I read the post this morning and I guess I just couldn't think of anything important enough posted in the lounge that would be searched. LOL

Not saying that's a bad thing, either.
              Pam, maybe you can let us know what you were trying to find there or why it came about to request? Might help with a solution. Thx
              Sent from my Evo, using Tapatalk and my two left thumbs
              CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
              PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
              Test riding bikes since 2004.
              If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
              sigpic

Comment

I think an issue is the several "mega-threads", which thousands of messages that have each have little relationship to any message more than 5 before it. Anyone who clicks on anything other than "first unread" is going to either short circuit their brain, conclude that this place is a bunch of weirdos, question the sanity of having opened their browser that morning, or a combination of the above...

True, there's not much to search in them. And it IS a performance/stability issue for the forum software!
                Jeff

"Remember when being socially distant was a symptom of a potentially debilitating mental disorder, instead of a government mandate? C'mon, it was just a few weeks ago!"

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
                '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Comment

Originally posted by WoodstockJeff View Post
                  I think an issue is the several "mega-threads", which thousands of messages that have each have little relationship to any message more than 5 before it.
                  Which was exactly the point I didn't make above.

Oh look! Walnuts!
                  2009 Yamaha FZ-1 The Hematoma*
                  2008 H-D FXDC The Hematoma (sold)
                  BBOer Favorite Motorcycle Magazines
                  Originally posted by mz33
                  In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Comment

Signal to noise ratio in the bar thread is, uh, incredibly bad. 99% BS. Not worth wading trough to try and sift out any actual nuggets of motorcycle stuff. It just sucks that that crap spills over into threads about riding technique.
                    Originally posted by OBX-RIDER
                    put the whiffer in the dilly
                    sigpic

Comment

Agreed. Most of it is chatter. That's what the lounge area is for. If you want to keep up, use "New posts" option and wade through them that way. Also? Log in more frequently.
                      ~Teri
                      Originally posted by Bugguts
                      Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
                      2013 Triumph Tiger 800
                      2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
                      2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoDownSinner View Post
                        Signal to noise ratio in the bar thread is, uh, incredibly bad. 99% BS. Not worth wading trough to try and sift out any actual nuggets of motorcycle stuff. It just sucks that that crap spills over into threads about riding technique.
                        Wow!...........just wow!

I always felt that the fun aspect of the lounge, especially the bar.....counteracts the hostility of LEPR. Just my humble opinion.
                        Originally posted by bikebitsmall
                        64 is not old, we have one poster here at 110
                        Originally posted by CaptCrash
                        A body not rattling was a body unsure.

Comment

I think LDS means that lounge stuff is fine in the lounge, but the real riding themed threads should not deteriorate into lounge stuff. Am I right? The purpose of lounge is to be goofy, have fun, etc. He doesn't dislike the lounge, just wants it to be lounge-y, and the riding threads stick to that topic.

I agree that the "bar" thread is humongous (?sp), and sometimes totally pointless unless you have kept up with days of other 10char replies. (Like Teri says, log in more often!) but sometimes I catch up on something and it's fun, that's the purpose of it. Anyway, just click back more than one page, go back 3 at a time, and you'll find a point where you can start to catch up.

IMO, the 10char replies would be easier to wade through in the lounge if everyone's signatures were disabled; less distracting, just read the quick quips. But that's just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Gerry
                          Peace ~ Love Ride ~ Then Ride Some More
                          '16 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 with ABS - "ED-2ND" - Special in a new way.
                          '05 Yamaha 1100 V* Silverado "Beast, Big Ass Bike" - The name said it all.
                          '02 Suzuki 650 Savage - "Special Ed' - A wonderful memory.
                          - Gerry -

Comment

Not really anything in particular (and Chaz pointed out that I probably wasn't talking about the Lounge, but the BBO Bar thread). Its just in trying to catch up on things, it is impossible to tell how far back to look to find the beginning of a discussion. How tough would it be to start a "new" topic at the beginning of the month? No need to go back and break up the running thread, but what about going forward?
                            If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be. -Maya Angelou

Comment

The bar isn't really something you need to catch up on. It's just an ongoing chit chat discussion. If anything important is discussed in there, which is rare, it's probably referenced elsewhere, in a thread that doesn't move as fast or run as long.
                              My two wheels:
                              1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
                              2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Comment

Working...
                              X