Forum is down too frequently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum is down too frequently

Kinda like the way the Cowboys played last night...never doing much but the fans are enjoying it the few times it works. Any word on what's going on?
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    sigpic
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Lo and behold, it just went down after I posted that.
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    sigpic

Comment

So, by examining the evidence it seems there's a link back to Shadow Shack, by his own admission ........

Just sayin ...
      Ride safe, ride smart, ride ATGATT because sweat dries faster than scars heal

2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
      2009 Kawasaki ER-6N

* If you love your bike set it free. If it comes back to you, you've High Sided

sigpic

Comment

I don't know what the issue is, but I know it's frustrating.

Tom
        In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't get the insinuation.

I posted that first post, went to answer another and the forum went down. I closed Google Chrome and tried IE and still wasn't able to access the forum. Navigated elsewhere for a bit, came back and it was up again.
          Ride Safe, Chop Safer
          sigpic

Comment

What really gets on my nerves is when the forum goes down while I'm submitting a post. I click "post," and get the "this page is not accessible" error in return.

Luckily, when I hit the "back" button, my response is still there. Not all forum software/web browsers would save that information, so I've taken to copying my posts to an external editor before submitting...

EDIT: never mind. My browser just chomped a reply without saving it. Had to type it all over again.
            Last edited by phendric; 09-27-2011, 06:33 PM.
            Current bike: 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Previous bikes: 2000 Honda VFR800, 2006 Kawasaki ZX-10R, 2001 Triumph Sprint ST, 2001 Suzuki GS500

Comment

No insinuation SS. I'm just frustrated, especially since whatever the issue is isn't within my realm.

Tom
              In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.
              sigpic

Comment

Looks like we posted simultaneously, I was responding to Clair...didn't realize you got one in the middle.
                Ride Safe, Chop Safer
                sigpic

Comment

Given the intermittent nature of the issue, and that the forum seems to operate fine while it's up, I'd venture to say it's on the server (i.e. hardware or software specifically related to hosting, vice to the operations of the forum itself) end of the intarwebz equation. It would probably take Derick calling the ISP to figure out WTF is going on. I've been lucky to only very rarely have some outages, but compared to the normally bombproof setup here, it is a bit frustrating.
                  sigpic

Comment

SS, I was joking with you that while YOU were posting, BB went down. Therefore it was YOUR fault. Just some good natured teasing. Sorry if I missed the mark.
                    Ride safe, ride smart, ride ATGATT because sweat dries faster than scars heal

2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
                    2009 Kawasaki ER-6N

* If you love your bike set it free. If it comes back to you, you've High Sided

sigpic

Comment

No sweat, I'm just a bit computer illiterate so I fell for it
                      Ride Safe, Chop Safer
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if we're all a little edgy. This server messis a real detriment to the forum and its usual breezy, friendly pace.

Comment

This definitely looks like a hosting service issue to me. I had a similar incident a couple of years ago where my hosting service screwed up some of their db servers/network components in what they termed an "Upgrade" and "improvement" which rendered my DUI Racing site completely useless for weeks and when it did come back online the database servers were so slow you might as well not even bother trying to open any sub pages unless you had a few hours to spare. When I complained about it to their techs their answer was always "We don't see any problem ... "
                          2015 Indian Scout First Run #500
                          2016 Indian Chief Vintage

sigpic

Comment

Kind of siding with the ISP as well. During a recent outage I opened up a console window and pinged the server. It kept replying even though the forum itself was offline; so I think at least, the box was up.
                            When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
                            sigpic
                            08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
                            Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
                            my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
                            MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Comment

Originally posted by Galaxieman View Post
                              Given the intermittent nature of the issue, and that the forum seems to operate fine while it's up, I'd venture to say it's on the server (i.e. hardware or software specifically related to hosting, vice to the operations of the forum itself) end of the intarwebz equation. It would probably take Derick calling the ISP to figure out WTF is going on. I've been lucky to only very rarely have some outages, but compared to the normally bombproof setup here, it is a bit frustrating.
                              That has been my guess all along. Please tell me someone has contacted the web hosting company to verify they're not having problems...?
                              Current bike: 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Previous bikes: 2000 Honda VFR800, 2006 Kawasaki ZX-10R, 2001 Triumph Sprint ST, 2001 Suzuki GS500

Comment

Working...
                              X