Suggestion: Combine "Bike Accessories and Add-Ons" with "Gear Gab"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Combine "Bike Accessories and Add-Ons" with "Gear Gab"

Others have mentioned consolidation of topics in other threads, I think these two would be a good candidate for that. IMO, people who come here and see a handful of threads in many different topics, will leave with an impression of us as a "dead forum." I know I do it. We just aren't large enough yet to warrant the multiple subdivisions. So I propose we combine these two, they're as good a candidate as any for consolidation.
    Blaine
    2001 Yamaha YZF 600R
    1998 KLR 650
    1999 BMW R1100 RT Police
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 - Sold
    http://filebox.vt.edu/users/bfroesch.../sig_image.jpg

Sounds good to me.
    sigpic

2009 BMW F650GS TwinFirefly Sold
    2005 Honda VTX 1300R - Sold
    2002 Honda ACE - Sold

Comment

Wow, I come home from work and my wish is granted already? If that's the case, what else do I want? Lessee.... some new saddlebags, Motoport pants, new exhaust and rejet...

Blaine
      2001 Yamaha YZF 600R
      1998 KLR 650
      1999 BMW R1100 RT Police

Comment

I was just trying to get this UNDONE at bb. I would really like to see a sort of "gear review archive" so that when we look for gear, especially crash tested gear, we can find all the reviews, instead of having to look through loads of stuff about windshields and saddle bags. This combining them thing will work well until we get loads of members, then it will become overwhelming. Atleast that's how I see it.

Comment

I agree with videofreak; I liked them seperate. I do understand Triumph's point, so maybe once there's enough traffic, they can be split back out?
          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by videofreak
            I was just trying to get this UNDONE at bb. I would really like to see a sort of "gear review archive" so that when we look for gear, especially crash tested gear, we can find all the reviews, instead of having to look through loads of stuff about windshields and saddle bags. This combining them thing will work well until we get loads of members, then it will become overwhelming. Atleast that's how I see it.
            isn't that what the search function is for?
            Blaine
            2001 Yamaha YZF 600R
            1998 KLR 650
            1999 BMW R1100 RT Police

Comment

Ok, I see it in both perspectives, so how about we do it the democratic way, and you all can vote.....but in the end I still make the decision?
              Rain Rain Go Away,
              So I can ride another day.
              Remember when sex was safe, and motorcycles were dangerous?

Current Bikes:
              2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
              2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

Comment

Sure you can use search, but often thread titles are not descriptive, they just say "Gear review," "New gear review," "Crash tested gear," "I had a bad day and got something good out of it," ect. Unless we force standardization of thread titles, which will never work, why not make gear reviews into an archive format where whenever we want to look up good gear in general, it's there?

The way I look at it, it's the same reason the technical forum is seperate from the "General" forum. Sure it'd work and get more attention, but the info would disappear so quickly...

Comment

Originally posted by dboogie2288
                  Ok, I see it in both perspectives, so how about we do it the democratic way, and you all can vote.....but in the end I still make the decision?
                  <comedy>
                  That's sounds remarkably similar to how they vote for president in Florida

In which case, it would probably be best if you tell us how we voted in advance. That'll save everybody time
                  </comedy>

I know... I know... Don't quit my day job.
                  Jeff

Comment

Personally, at this stage in the board's life I think that it is better to have fewer sections. More people are likely to stick around if they see a few healthy, active sections than if they see tons of empty ones. In another 6 months or so this can be revisited and more sections may make sense, but for now I'd vote to leave them combined.

Comment

I'd vote in favor of keeping them seperate, as long as the minute this forum becomes long enough we split it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X