Wiforums..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiforums..

Would anyone actually use this? The idea of wiforums is to allow mobile phone users to interact with the site while on the go. I know I have spent many an hour in class posting on sites that have wiforums, but it's something I figure I would put out there before making another $160 decision on.
    Rain Rain Go Away,
    So I can ride another day.
    Remember when sex was safe, and motorcycles were dangerous?

Current Bikes:
    2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
    2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

I think it would be neat, but id definatly wait for a serious demand before dropping $160. Just my $0.02.
    "Aqaba is over there, it's only a matter of going." -Lawrence
    Question 13: How slow is Greg White?
    Current: 07 V-Strom 650 Blue (DL650K7)
    Year Zero

Comment

That would be neat, but not something I personally would use. I already spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME on this forum as it is
      Jeff

Comment

yeah, it would be neat, but I doubt I would ever use it. My day's pretty busy as it is and I keep my browsing to when I'm at my desk. But it would be cool for those who are into that.

-bob
        1996 Yamaha Virago XV1100

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me." -- Dudley Field Malone

Comment

I wouldn't use it.
          sigpic

2009 BMW F650GS TwinFirefly Sold
          2005 Honda VTX 1300R - Sold
          2002 Honda ACE - Sold

Comment

I surf from my treo600 all the time.
            I watched the old BB.com fall apart on my phone.
            Truly, a less than desirable way to surf most forums.
            The graphic elements throw things off even when you don't download them.
            I would use the wiforum on occasion, or an RSS feed more often..
            I would think that you should see a strong demand for the service before spending the money.

mark.
            '03 Honda Silverwing ABS
            It's right turn on red AFTER stop!

I see a light at the end of the tunnel, it is the end of the tunnel on fire.

Comment

Although what might be cool is a feature where we can submit photos from our camera phones while on a ride. (not on the bike obvisouly.)
              Year Zero

Comment

can you give a link of a forum that has it up and running. id like to try it out. but if its decent and donations allow it, id be all for it. tbh, i have never heard of this, maybe time to bug some other admins to get this installed.

hm, i tried out some of the forums mentioned on their site... doesnt seem to do anything... looks the same as forums that dont have it installed.... this something special i need to do?
                Last edited by AntiNazi; 01-19-2005, 12:58 PM.

Comment

wiforums is for your cell phone. One of my regular forums is sprintusers.com

if you goto wap.sprintusers.com on your cell phone, and then goto the Message forum link, you can see how wiforums works.
                  Rain Rain Go Away,

Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by dboogie2288
                    wiforums is for your cell phone. One of my regular forums is sprintusers.com

if you goto wap.sprintusers.com on your cell phone, and then goto the Message forum link, you can see how wiforums works.
                    so it wont work for pocketpc?

Comment

...i dunno <shrug> it uses a WHTML markup, which I think a regular browser would recognize...but I my days of PPC were long ago...
                      Rain Rain Go Away,

Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by dboogie2288
                        ...i dunno <shrug> it uses a WHTML markup, which I think a regular browser would recognize...but I my days of PPC were long ago...
                        doesnt seem to do anything for pocketpc... so im going to have to say its a waste of money....

Comment

I consider myself a geek. I always seem to have computers around me wether at home, work, friends house. For that reason I don't carry a pocketPC or need Wiforums. I feel you loose a lot of the experience with the web, excel, whatever when on these platforms.

Maybe you could solicit a subscription for the service. Short of that, buy a $160 accessory and write a review.
                          Red 2008 Honda ST1300
                          I use billion dollar satellites to find Tupperware in the woods.
                          Sometimes the road less traveled... is less traveled for a reason

Comment

Originally posted by HotFix
                            I consider myself a geek. I always seem to have computers around me wether at home, work, friends house. For that reason I don't carry a pocketPC or need Wiforums. I feel you loose a lot of the experience with the web, excel, whatever when on these platforms.

Maybe you could solicit a subscription for the service. Short of that, buy a $160 accessory and write a review.
                            Honestly im not that hard up to check any forum on my phone that id pay for it, above my usual donation. (That will come next month, im pretty damed strapped still from christmass.)

But is there a trial version you can implement?
                            Year Zero

Comment

Well the donations gathered recently bought VB...anything collected from here until early spring will be put towards an advertising campaign. Business cards are being designed and I am dealing with ABATE and MSF to get into some classes and hand out cards for newbies...but we'll see.
                              Rain Rain Go Away,

Current Bikes:

Comment

Working...
                              X