Search engines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search engines...

I had a hard time finding this forum after it moved. Squirrel or somebody sent me an email about it. I searched google till I had almost given up. Finally I found a link to it off of another forum. Isn't there a list of key words that can be added to a file to "seed" the search engines? Beginner, biker, new rider, motorcycle choices, etc...? I was just wondering is all. - Joe

Meta-tags can help as well as folks posting links on other sites for the spiders to find.
    sigpic 2004 Moto Guzzi California EV Touring,
    2001 BMW F650GSa,

Past Rides: 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000, 1974 Honda CB450, 1966 Yamaha 305, 1971 Honda CL100

Comment

This is what we currently have in the Meta headers in each php page...

motorcycles, bikers, community, forum, motorcycle forum, motorcycle community, motorcycle ride

In addition, we just started our Google Ad campaign again, so that will help new searches. Truth is, it takes 6-8 months for the search engines to properly crawl the site and realize we're here. It's been 3 months...so it's going to be a minute.
      Rain Rain Go Away,
      So I can ride another day.
      Remember when sex was safe, and motorcycles were dangerous?

Current Bikes:
      2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
      2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

Comment

That might explain it..

I think I always had the word "beginner" in all of the searches I tried. Thanks for the answer. - Joe

Comment

beginner is in our google campaign..but as i mentioned, we just restarted it. hopefully we'll get a bunch of new members here..all the members here are great, and it's fun to see such a great community grow with good people.
          Rain Rain Go Away,
          So I can ride another day.
          Remember when sex was safe, and motorcycles were dangerous?

Current Bikes:
          2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
          2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

Comment

Working...
          X