We should have forums for different states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should have forums for different states

I think there should be a forum section for the different parts of the country or for the states that have the most active members on here that way people can set up local meets...etc... sorry if there is already one and i just haven't found it yet...

This has been discussed before. Dboogie has said he may break down the events section at some time in the future. But for the moment there doesn't appear to be need enough. For now, in the "upcoming events section": https://www.beginnerbikers.org/forumdisplay.php?f=21 Start your post with the standard postal abbreviation for your state... ie FL- Miami area get together... etc...

I know... almost nobody does that, even though we've asked...
    But if they did! You could click on "thread" on the left just above the thread and all the threads will be sorted by thread title. And therefore sorted by state.

Tom
    In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.
    sigpic

Comment

Clarification for anyone who hasn't found it...

That bar across an index just above the list... that has in it...

"Thread/ Thread Starter/Rating/Last Post/Replies/Views"
      Click on any of those and your index will be sorted using that parameter.

Don't anybody be afraid to do a little exploring of the board and the links therein, you'll probably find a bunch of features that dboogie has incorporated into it that you didn't know existed.

Tom
      In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.
      sigpic

Comment

thanks guys, i think in do time, once this site gets some age on it we'll be able to divide the forum into different sections...

Comment

Originally posted by GaTo
          thanks guys, i think in do time, once this site gets some age on it we'll be able to divide the forum into different sections...

I don't know if that would work too well. I've seen boards use it, but unless there's a good core of riders already in an area, no one uses it and the empty forums just make for board clutter. If you're looking for riders, just post up something and see who responds. You may even attract people from other states!

Comment

hmm... thats actually not a bad idea... Is there any way i can make a poll for every state so we can see which states have the most members? Then possibly go from there?

Comment

One thing you can do is go to the member list and do an advanced search using the location field. For example search for ", FL" or ", TX"

Tom

PS I noticed you didn't include your state in your location... so you wouldn't show up in that search.
              sigpic

Comment

I have noticed even boards much larger than this dont have individual state forums. Most have the country split up into mabey 4-6 geographical areas. But looking at the ammount of traffic now It just seems like it would be overkill.
                "Aqaba is over there, it's only a matter of going." -Lawrence
                Question 13: How slow is Greg White?
                Current: 07 V-Strom 650 Blue (DL650K7)
                Year Zero

Comment

Originally posted by subvetSSN606
                  One thing you can do is go to the member list and do an advanced search using the location field. For example search for ", FL" or ", TX"

Tom

PS I noticed you didn't include your state in your location... so you wouldn't show up in that search.
                  Just noticed that.. i fixed it to reflect florida... Also that wouldn't be a bad idea Allan, i know what your talking about dividing the forum into sections (i.e. east coast, west coast, north, south.. etc..)

Comment

Working...
                  X