This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's section?

Do you have any plans for a private Women's Section? (I don't know how easy or hard it is to implement private sections in this format.)

While I've never been shy about asking questions or admitting foulups on the general boards, I know that there are some women who are simply not comfortable asking questions they think will be considered "dumb". (One question that comes to mind is a lady asking how to fill up the gastank without spilling gasoline all over the bike...) And there's the ever-popular "Where the heck do I get gear that fits a WOMAN?" questions...

It was a "comfort zone" for several women riders on the old board.

Just figured I'd mention it.

Cassy

I agree with CasCat, a women's forum would be great especially for the more shy women riders.
    sigpic

2009 BMW F650GS TwinFirefly Sold
    2005 Honda VTX 1300R - Sold
    2002 Honda ACE - Sold

Comment

I got the same request via PM, here was my response...

I dont have anything against that idea...but I think that might be another option to wait for when we upgrade to vb. In this instance, a user could be a part of a secondary usergroup, in this case, women, and they could access that particular forum... in the end giving only women the ability to see and post.

I'll definately consider it in the future, but right now with as simple as phpbb is, I dont think you'll get the type of personal feedback that you're looking for. Unless that is, if you dont care about men reading or posting in that particular section. phpbb just doesnt have all the options that are required for making that type of setup.
      Rain Rain Go Away,
      So I can ride another day.
      Remember when sex was safe, and motorcycles were dangerous?

Current Bikes:
      2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
      2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

Comment

No prob....we'll wait. Thanks again for a GREAT site and all your hard work Dboogie!!
        sigpic

2002 Honda ACE - Sold

Comment

That's fine; I certainly understand you have more than enough on your plate already getting everything up and running. Just figured I'd put the subject on the table. It's not a priority issue.

Cassy

Comment

I have nothing against a womens forum being created, takes nothing more than a second, but for the time being while we are on phpbb, it would be visible to all.....would you still want it like this?
            Rain Rain Go Away,

Current Bikes:

Comment

As long as it can sit right next to the private men's section!
              07 Triumph Tiger 1050

Comment

Originally posted by MikeInSLC
                As long as it can sit right next to the private men's section!

Comment

womens forum

I'm going to throw out a dissenting opinion on a private womens forum.

I actually think it does us a diservice to be so hidden. On BB the men coundn't even see the forum. We are a minority within a minority, by keeping things so secretive it reduces the impact of just how many of us are out there. I understand that its easier for some women to ask question where a man can't see but quite frankly its easier to just drive a car. If any woman has enough guts to consider riding a bike, letting men see a question shouldn't be so scary. Besides if you really want men to stop reading just throw out words like tampons and cramps

That being said I have no problem with a womens forum I just don't think it needs to be so hush hush and hidden. I'd actually like ine if it wasn't hidden. If I need gear in woman's sizes I'm going to post in the womens section because I have a better chance of a good answer not because I'm too shy to ask in front of a man.
                  09 Triumph Bonneville - work perk / 04 Ducati Monster - street / 01 Suzuki SV650 - track / 08 Aprilia Tuono - his

SoCal riders check out -- www.socal-letsride.com
                  Pink Cars and Stars - Tumlr

Comment

I agree aprilmaybe. A women's section would be great, but I don't think it needs to necessarily be hidden either.
                    sigpic

2002 Honda ACE - Sold

Comment

I figured women would want it to be like a treehouse...for them alone. But if thats the case, then great. The forum has been created.
                      Rain Rain Go Away,

Current Bikes:

Comment

speedy!

WOW that was quick!
                        You rock!
                        09 Triumph Bonneville - work perk / 04 Ducati Monster - street / 01 Suzuki SV650 - track / 08 Aprilia Tuono - his

SoCal riders check out -- www.socal-letsride.com
                        Pink Cars and Stars - Tumlr

Comment

Working...
                        X